The Hindu Editorial Analysis
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
The economic weaker section is main victim of high inflation:
- The recent data of high inflation rate across the country is a major concern for the policymakers.
- The most responsible factor for high inflation is the hike in the food prices across the country.
- The high prices of food items and because of that the high inflation force policy makers to think about the recovery of the economy.
- According to the official data, the inflation rate in the month of August is 7 percent which is higher than the last month.
- It is the eight consecutive month when the inflation rate is higher than the maximum threshold limit set by the Reverse Bank of India.
- The inflation rate in the month of July was 6.7 percent.
- The hike in food prices is 7.62 percent in the month of August which is higher than the month of July.
- In July it was 6.69 percent.
- The burden of this inflation is higher in rural areas of the country irrespective of what is in the urban areas.
- The food price hike in rural areas is 0.88 percent high.
- The overall inflation in rural areas is 0.57 percent high.
- This is due to the burden of food prices because the rural area is the main component of food items in the country.
- The major concern for the rural population is the inflation that occurs in the price of cereals.
- It surged to 9.57 percent.
- The high inflation and the uneven monsoon make the situation worse in the rural areas which resulted in a burden on the rural population.
- Even the finance ministry is continuing stating this inflation as at a moderate level but reality can’t stay hidden always.
- What are the impacts of high inflation in the rural areas across the country?
- Give a brief comparison about the impacts of high inflation between rural and urban areas.
- Describe the important reasons behind inflation.
Hedge: a way of protecting oneself against adverse situations
Reiterate: say something again and again
Dictum: a formal pronouncement
Sobering: creating a more serious mood
Slump: fall heavily
Uptick: small increase