Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
- The most significant target of the present government is to provide piped water to every rural household by 2024.
- 53% of the eligible population or 10.2 crore have tap water access ,according to the Jal Jeevan Mission led by the Department of Drinking Water and sanitation.
- Around 37% rise has been seen from 2019 when the scheme was announced, claimed by the government.
- The government’s aim is to ensure at least 54 litres per person per day of potable water to every household,only a piped connection is not sufficient,it should be ensured that every household is getting sufficient water on time or not.
- A recent survey was done by a private agency and it is found that around 62% of the rural households in India had fully functional tap water connections in their households.
- A recent report of a Parliamentary standing committee on water resources in March stated that around 46% households have fully functional connections of tap water.
- It is important to see that for the purposes of the survey ,only 3% of the rural households were surveyed by the agency and of that 3% population 62% have connections of tap water.
- If that numbers are accurate for the overall population then this represents a good rise in potable tap water accessibility and by this the government could achieve its aim by 2024.
- But the recent surveys which had shown big differences in the states.
- Tamilnadu,Goa, Himachal Pradesh and Puducherry reported that more than 80% of the households have their fully functional tap water connection.
- But states like Rajasthan, Manipur,Kerala, Maharashtra,Tripura, Mizoram,Madhya Pradesh and Sikkim had reported less than half percent of 80%.
- A recent survey by a private agency claimed that about 74% of households received water all days of the week and only 7% just once a week and the report also mentions a chlorine contamination problem
- 94% of water samples are bacteria free but most of the school and anganwadi centres had higher than than the permissible range of chlorine.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted this scheme but with the time and the challenges of labour and materials is somewhere helping the scheme to achieve its goal.
- The centre and the state should work together to meet the objectives of the scheme and not only to meet election targets because it will help in the Nation’s progress.
- Which states have more than 80% of the fully functional tap water connections?
- What is the main objective of the Jal Jeevan Mission?
- Discuss the data given by the recent surveys done by the private agency and parliamentary standing committee.
- Which states have less percentage of tap water connections?
- What type of problem is being faced by the anganwadi centres and schools?
- Disrupt – to stop something which is going on.
- Contaminate- to add something toxic substances which make something harmful.
- Accessibility- possible to be reached
- Pandemic- a disease that spreads overall whole world or the country.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|