Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
- After carbon tax, the European Union has decided to implement a move to keep products made using forced labor out of its market with the Internal Market and International Trade committees adopting it on Monday.
- The move has triggered fresh concerns among developing countries about the trading bloc using “non-trade ” barriers, which could be in violation of WTO rules.
- A set of draft regulations are proposed to put in place a framework to investigate the use of forced labour in supply chains of companies and if they are found to be violating the framework, all import and export of the related goods would be halted at the EU’s borders.
- Goods of companies that are taken off the EU market will be allowed only after they can demonstrate that they have stopped using forced labour in their operations or the supply chain.
- The European Commission has been tasked with creating a list of geographical areas and economic sectors which are at high risk of using forced labour.
- “For goods produced in these high- risk areas, the authorities would no longer need to prove that people have been forced to work, as the burden of proof would fall on companies,” a statement issued by the EU parliament said.
- It said that the definition of forced labour would be aligned to ILO standards and include “all work or service which is exacted from any person under the menace of any penalty and for which the said person has not offered himself or herself voluntarily”.
- A government source said that it will take a while for the regulations to be put in place and India or any other country will have to wait for the details to be released before its concerns can be flagged.
- In principle, however, several officials see it as another “non-tariff barrier” being thrust upon the poor and developing countries.
- What are the set of draft regulations which are proposed to put in place a framework to investigate the use of forced labor?
- It said that the definition of forced labour would be aligned to ILO standards.Discuss
- Statutory– decided by law
- Actuarial– relating to actuaries or their work of compiling and analyzing statistics to calculate insurance risks and premiums.
- Balk– hesitate or be unwilling to accept an idea or undertaking.
- Referendum– an occasion when all the people of a country can vote on a particular political question
- Reassure– do something in order to stop somebody worrying
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|