The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
Not increasing UAE flight rights.
- India is not looking at increasing air traffic rights for the UAE, despite calls by Gulf carriers, and wants its domestic air- lines to offer non- stop long-haul flights, civil aviation minister Jyotiraditya Scindia said on Tuesday.
- The UAE has urged India to raise the maximum number of seats between the two countries by 50,000 a week from about 65,000 a week, but Scindia said, “at this point we’re not looking at increasing it”.
- India is one of the world’s fastest growing aviation markets where demand for air travel is outstripping the supply of planes.
- But the bulk of India’s international air traffic is currently carried by Gulf airlines such as Emirates and Qatar Airways, powered by efficiency currently carried by Gulf air- lines such as Emirates and Qa- tar Airways, powered by efficient hubs like Dubai and Doha.
- The government wants to recapture traffic lost to foreign carriers and is pushing airlines to order more wide- body planes to meet demand.
- Air India last month placed a record order for 470 jets and is making an aggressive push in the international market by offering fliers, especially the Indian diaspora non-stop flights to long- haul destinations in the US.
- Scindia said Air India’s wide-body plane order and IndiGo’s plans to fly twin- aisle planes were signs the “transition” had begun.
- “The minute you give di- rect connectivity to international locations directly from Delhi, any passenger is going to prefer a direct connection, rather than going through another country’s hub,” he said.
- India is mobilizing to handle the transportation needs of its population of 1.3 billion by building new airports in the country’s remotest parts, while also expanding capacity at metro hub airports like Delhi and Mumbai.
- “We are going to see an explosion of air traffic in India in the years to come,” said the minister, adding the main rea- sons powering this were a gro- wing economy, rapid urbanization, increasing disposable incomes and growing aspirations.
- The minister also sees more scope for aerospace manufacturing in the country and says companies are eager to produce more locally.
- Why does the government want to recapture traffic lost to foreign carriers?
- How India is one of the world’s fastest growing aviation markets?
- Unfathomable– incapable of being fully explored
- Culpable– responsible for something bad
- Diabolical– characteristic of the devil
- Eventuate– occur as a result
- Whimsy– playfully quaint or fanciful behavior
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP