The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Mission Under Down.
- When defending champion Australia takes on last edition’s runner-up New Zealand at Sydney on Saturday, ICC Twenty20 World Cup would have made a quick turnaround from its previous edition that was held last year in the United Arab Emirates(UAE).
- The Covid-19 pandemic affected sport and T20s premier championship suffered multiple changes in schedule besides the logistical nightmare of venues being altered.
- Finally, as the virus seemingly wanes, cricket’s shortest version moves down during a time when the Indian premier league(IPL),Big bash and other mushrooming leagues are eating into the international calendar.
- With IPL franchises spreading footprints across the seas, especially in South Africa, contracted players caught in an old debate borrowed from football-club versus country.
- For T20 fixtures top 10 loss between forgettable bilateral contests and the glamorous sway of the IPL and the other leagues.
- The T20 World Cup 8th edition that has already commenced through its set of qualifiers, will offer pointers to how the game could evolve through the prism of nationalism and commerce.
- The big game, as advertisers prefer to label it, would pit India against Pakistan at Melbourne on Sunday.
- The sold out contest is the third between the neighbours after the Asia Cup jousts in the UAE.
- While those encounters were split at 1-1,in ICC events , India often gets past Pakistan but the latter’s triumph in the T20 World Cup last year offered a counter point.
- Once this war minutes the shooting template is dealt with, Rohit Sharma’s men have other challenges lined up in the super 12 stage before making a tilt at the semifinals and the final on November 13.
- Rohit, K.L Rahul and Virat Kohli constitute the established troika but it is a tribute to his 360 degree approach that batter Suryakumar yadav holds the x-factor.
- The return of Mohammed Shami bolsters the seam attack and if the spinners can restrict and the fielding remains agile on big Australian grounds, India may fancy its chances of replicating its trophy success from the inaugural edition in 2007.
- How Covid-19 pandemic affect cricket?
- How will the return of Shami in the team help India?
- Inaugural- the first speech that someone gives
- Bolster- to support or encourage somebody
- Agile- able to move quickly
- Troika- a group of three people working together
- Jousts- engage in a sporting contest in which two opponents on horseback fight with lances.
- Sway- to move slowly from side to side.