The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Failed to meet the declared objectives.
- Vladimir Putin the Russian President has announced his partial mobilization of his troops which shows that he still thinks that this is not a war but a “special military operation” in Ukraine .
- The plan of Putin was to meet his declared military objectives through a limited war.
- Putin has already mobilised more than 150000 military troops and ordered an attack or invasion from multiple fronts into Ukraine on 24th of February but unfortunately this plan did not work as Ukraine has military and economic support from Europe and the United States.
- This support of US and Europe slowed down the military expansion costly for the Russians.
- Putin had focused on Ukraine’s east and south where Russia made territorial gains and had to withdraw his troops from Kharkiv and Kyiv.
- Unfortunately this month Russia suffered his major battlefield defeats in Kharkiv.
- This comeback of Ukraine helped him to consolidate its positions in captured Ukraine territories.
- On the other side the Pro-Russian separatists in Donetsk in the east,Kherson and Zaporizhzhya in the south and in Luhansk are now planning to hold a public vote on joining the Russian federation.
- After 8 months the Russian President Vladimir Putin has failed to meet his declared objectives which includes Ukraine’s demilitarization but also seen a reinvigorated NATO throwing it’s collective weight behind Ukraine and expanding itself further in Russian borders by taking Finland and Sweden its members.
- The Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu acknowledged the challenges on Wednesday and his ministry has avoided calling this military operation a war.
- The US and Europe have applied many sanctions on Russia. Like sanctions on importing And exporting of goods,Europe has stopped the import of gas supplies ,coal ,gold,steel, iron,wood, cement , certain fertilisers,seafood, liquor ,crude oil and refined petroleum products etc.
- Russia has faced many worldwide sanctions, geopolitical challenges but Mr Putin believes that escalation is the only way.But no one knows if partial mobilization of troops will give results or not.
- After all this war is moving towards a far more dangerous phase.
- What are the problems faced by Russia in this so-called military operation?
- What are the declared objectives of Mr.Putin?
- What Pro-Russian separatists are planning?
- Explain the whole conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- Escalation-to increase in extent Volume
- Conflict – to fight or an argument
- Reinvigorated – to put vitality and vigour back into something
- Consolidate-to make your power stronger so that it is likely to continue.
- Mobilisation-the action of making something movable