Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
Census on castes.
- Amit Shah’s recent expression that the BJP doesn’t necessarily oppose a caste census seems strategic, likely an effort amidst ongoing election campaigns to counter the potential impact of INDIA bloe’s promise of a caste census.
- If the BJP indeed shifts stance, it signals a consensus among most political parties in favor of a caste census.
- The familiar arguments persist: measuring caste inequality, targeting welfare programs efficiently, and identifying discrimination and service denials in rural areas.
- Proponents argue that a caste census can reveal caste sizes, literacy levels, occupational structures, and backwardness, as well as job distribution within specific castes.
- However, there are two primary challenges. First, the risk lies in approaching the caste census solely through a quota-based mentality, potentially settling disputes between committees and the Supreme Court on OBC estimates.
- This approach might lead to the proliferation of demands for caste-based quotas, resulting in a zero-sum game where gains for some castes mean losses for others.
- Moreover, with a finite economic pie influenced by non-farm job creation, dividing it into smaller portions could reduce overall resources.
- Secondly, there’s already existing caste-related data from previous efforts such as the BPL Census of 2002, which provided detailed caste-specific information for rural households.
- Shah also highlighted inflated caste/community numbers in a Bihar survey, raising doubts about the accuracy of such data.
- Furthermore, utilizing caste data as a primary policy initiative could exacerbate the caste-centric identity in an already fragmented society, especially given the timing of these calls during election campaigning.
- The fundamental concern remains that while attempting to make caste less visible, a caste census might inadvertently strengthen caste identities, primarily benefiting political parties.
- Are castes gain and loss in a zero-sum game a likely outcome of a caste census?
- Is there a risk of reinforcing caste identities and benefiting only political parties through a caste census?
- Consensus-Agreement among a group or people, a general accord.
- Proliferating-Rapidly increasing in number or spreading widely.
- Fragmented-Broken into parts or divided, lacking unity.
- Inadvertently– Accidentally, without intention or not on purpose.
- Exacerbate-To make a problem, situation, or negative feeling more severe or intense.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|