The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
- Russia’s allegation that Ukraine was planning to launch a so-called dirty bomb shows how dramatically that Ukraine conflict has escalated.
- Russia’s defense minister Sergei Shoigu held talks with many of his global counterparts, including Rajnath Singh, accusing Ukraine of potential”nuclear terrorism”.
- A dirty bomb is not a nuclear bomb but a conventional explosive device with radioactive materials, the explosion of which could turn swathes of land uninhabitable for decades.
- Ukraine and its western backers have rejected the Russian allegations, saying the Russians, who have suffered setbacks, are making unfounded claims for a false flag attack.
- It is difficult to ascertain what is going on behind the fog of full-scale war , but the talk of dirty bombs and nuclear terrorism does not bode well.
- Ever since the U.S.’s nuclear bombing of Japan in 1945, the world has largely treated the nuclear options as taboo.
- Even in 1962 , when the Soviet union and the U.S were on the brink of conflict, their leaders managed to end the crises amicably through dialogue.
- What is more surprising is that even as the war is steadily deteriorating , there is no conscious effort by any side to start a dialogue.
- Russia says it is ready to talk but has not given any concrete proposals, and its offer for talks cannot be trusted, especially after it announced the annexation of four partially controlled Ukrainian regions.
- Ukraine says it will not hold talks with Russia as long as Mr Putin is in power and that it intends to fight till all Ukrainian regions are liberated.
- And there are greater fears of a direct conflict between Russia and NATO two nuclear forces.
- The rhetoric on nuclear attacks and retaliation should stop immediately,and Russia, Ukraine and the West should begin talks to end the conflict. The alternative would be cataclysmic.
- What should Russia, Ukraine and the West do?
- What Ukraine says about making a talk with Russia?
- What was the talk between Russia’s defense minister and other countries’ defense ministers?
- Cataclysmic– causing a lot of destruction
- Rhetoric– a way of speaking or writing that is intended to impress or influence people but is not always sincere
- Retaliate– to react to something unpleasant that somebody does to you by doing something unpleasant in return
- Ascertain– to find something out
- Amicable– made or done in a friendly way
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP