Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
- Foreign fund buying, backed by positive economic fundamentals, lifted the sensex and Nifty to new life-high levels even as profit-taking through the session forced the indices to close with marginal gains.
- After rising to a new all- time peak of 67,771 points intraday, the sensex closed at 67,519-up just 52 points while Nifty was up 33 points at 20,103.
- For the sensex, it was the 10th consecutive session of higher closing, which is its longest winning streak in over two years.
- Higher than expected US retail inflation data, published on Wednesday evening. weighed on investor sentiment, market players said.
- Outside of the blue chips, however, gains were robust as BSE’s midcap index closed 1% up while the smallcap index was up 1.2%.
- The rally in these stocks resumed after three consecutive sessions of mixed closes, mainly due to profit-taking.
- As a result of the strong buying in non- blue chip stocks, investors were richer by Rs 2.4 lakh crore with BSE’s market ca- pitalisation at Rs 325.6 lakh crore, official data showed.
- Given the 10-session rally, market players are cautious on small and midcap stocks.
- “The rotational buying across sectors is helping the index to inch gradually higher amid mixed global cues,” Ajit Mishra of Religare Broking said in his end-of- the-session note. “Participants should maintain their focus on stock selection and prefer index majors.”
- On Thursday, Dalal Street investors were enthused by the negative reading of the wholesale price index for August, which remained in the negative territory for the fifth consecutive month.
- Analysts believe if it continues to remain low, that would have some cooling effect on the retail inflation also, which for August was above RBI’s upper threshold limit of 6%.
- The day’s institutional trading data showed that foreign funds were net buyers at Rs 295 crore.
- The net inflow data came in after two consecutive sessions of net out- flows, CDSL data showed.
- The rotational buying across sectors is helping the index to inch gradually higher.Explain
- Gains were robust as BSE’s midcap index closed 1%,Discuss
- Bourses– stock market in a non-English-speaking country
- Divestment– selling a stake in a company
- Collated– collect information from different places in order to put it together
- Wager– risk against someone else’s on the basis of the outcome of an unpredictable event
- Grievance– something that you think is unfair and that you want to complain or protest about
- Ambiguous– having more than one possible meaning
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|