The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
An absurd justice.
- An investigation is not a clean slate on which the investigator can record his whimsy that flies in the face of facts.
- Did the Arumugaswami commission of inquiry’s final report of clarify the circumstances that led to the death of former chief minister Jaylalitha,as mandated by the terms of reference or did it rest with a conclusion that followed a preset diabolical script, eventuating conspiracy theories hatched with the context of political opportunism?
- The report that was submitted in Tamilnadu assembly on Tuesday found fault with Jayalalitha’s aide V.K sasikala, former Health Minister C.Vijayabaskar,two IAS officers and three doctors, and recommended further investigation for them.
- However it falls perplexingly short of explaining where the fault lay with those it found culpable,or tracing a damning trail of evidence to their doorstep.
- Justice Arumugasamy, trained as a lawyer and not in medicine makes post facto decisions about the medical procedures that must have been followed in treating Jayalalitha during her 75 day stint at Apollo hospital,and goes further out of line to make allegations against qualified medical professionals in charge of treatment.
- In a glaring lapse, he completely sidesteps the AIIMS medical experts committee report released earlier, agreeing with the treatment course, and the final diagnosis by the hospital.
- The report cherry picks elements from the range of options provided by the panel of doctors,and part phrases from depositions that suit a seemingly pre-determined narrative to arrive at conclusions.
- The report itself encloses elaborate documentation or treatment from the hospital and yet, unfathomably , accuses it of not providing contra-evidence.
- The Tamil Nadu government has done its duty by presenting the report in the assembly, and seeking legal opinion on it.
- It is now obligated to render true justice in the matter by ensuring that this long-drawn-out issue is well and truly buried ,along with the report.
- What was the report that the Tamil Nadu government presented in the assembly?
- What is the whole matter?Explain in a summary.
- What is the AIIMS medical committee report?
- Unfathomable– incapable of being fully explored
- Culpable– responsible for something bad
- Diabolical– characteristic of the devil
- Eventuate– occur as a result
- Whimsy– playfully quaint or fanciful behavior
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP