The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 28th August 2020
In this competitive world, ‘Vocabulary‘ plays a vital role in every exam. Banking , Railway, Insurance, SSC and other Government exams so here We provides you The Hindu Vocabulary on daily basis to enhance vocabulary power and helps you in your preparation for Govt job.
(1) QUIXOTIC (ADJECTIVE): idealistic : (विलक्षण)
Synonyms: impractical, dreamy
Antonyms: realistic, sensible
Example: It was clearly a quixotic case against the defendant.
(2) DISINGENUOUS (ADJECTIVE): not straightforward or candid : (कपटी)
Synonyms: unfair, cunning
Antonyms: frank, truthful
Example: It was disingenuous of her to claim she had no financial interest in the company.
(3) DERISIVE (ADJECTIVE): ridiculing : (व्यंग्यात्मक)
Synonyms: cheeky, mocking
Antonyms: polite, respectful
Example: It was a derisive act.
(4) ODIOUS (ADJECTIVE): extremely unpleasant : (घिनौना)
Synonyms: disgusting, horrid
Antonyms: attractive, delightful
Example: The detective said it was the most odious crime she had ever seen.
(5) FORTUITOUS (ADJECTIVE): lucky, accidental : (आकस्मिक)
Synonyms: random, chance
Antonyms: intentional, planned
Example: The check could not have arrived at a more fortuitous time.
(6) IMPORTUNATE (ADJECTIVE): demanding : (हठी)
Synonyms: burning, crying
Antonyms: unimportant, relaxed
Example: This is an importunate thing.
(7) CANDID (ADJECTIVE): honest : (स्पष्टवादी)
Synonyms: blunt, forthright
Antonyms: biased, tactful
Example: His candid effort towards making his country great.
(8) TRICKY (ADJECTIVE): complicated : (छली)
Synonyms: complex, critical
Antonyms: certain, direct
Example: This question is too tricky to solve.
(9) OBDURATE (ADJECTIVE): stubborn : (हठी)
Synonyms: adamant, bullhead
Antonyms: gentle, submissive
Example: Obdurate boys do not get everything that they want.
(10) DOGGED (ADJECTIVE): determined : (दृढ़)
Synonyms: relentless, resolute
Antonyms: irresolute, weak
Example: He is a dogged person for his work.
SBI PO 2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|