♠The Hindu Review♠
The hindu review provide you daily current affairs and English for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ Govt. announces ₹48,239 cr recapitalisation plan for 12 public sector banks
- The Finance Ministry on Wednesday announced to pump in ₹48,239 crore in 12 public sector banks (PSBs) in this fiscal to help them maintain regulatory capital requirements and finance growth plans.
- Financial Services Secretary Rajiv Kumar said that the government will infuse ₹9,086 crore in Corporation Bank and ₹6,896 crore in Allahabad Bank — the two “better-performing” banks currently under the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) supervision of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Further, ₹4,638 crore and ₹205 crore will be provided to Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra. These banks have recently come out of the regulatory supervisory framework PCA of the RBI.
- Mr. Kumar further said Punjab National Bank will get ₹5,908 crore, Union Bank of India ₹4,112 crore, Andhra Bank ₹3,256 crore and Syndicate Bank ₹1,603 crore.
- The government will pump in ₹12,535 crore in four other banks under PCA — Central Bank of India, United Bank, UCO Bank and Indian Overseas Bank.
♦ President inaugurates International Conference & Exhibition On Energy and Environment
- President Ram Nath Kovind on Wednesday said energy and environment are the areas of concern in today’s era of rapid technological development. He was addressing the International Conference and Exhibition on Energy and Environment in New Delhi.
- He urged the policymakers to come up with actionable ideas on environmental issues. President Kovind sad, the government is committed to providing power to citizens at affordable rates.
- The President said, India made a number of commitments at the Paris Climate conference including lowering the emissions intensity by 2030.
- Earlier, speaking on the occasion, Science and Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan said, the government is according highest importance to clean energy as it is the precursor of sustainable energy.
- He said, India is growing at a faster pace, therefore, access to clean energy and water is a must.
♦ Union Minister of State Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti inaugurates Sikaria Mega Food Park, the1st Mega Food Park of Tripura
- Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti today inaugurated Sikaria Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd at Village Tulakona in Agartala. This is the first Mega Food Park in the state of Tripura. The inauguration took place in the presence of Chief Minister of Tripura Shri Biplab Kumar Deb.
- The Mega Food Park has been set up in 50 acre of land at the cost of Rs. 87.45 crore. Government of India has accorded approval of a financial assistance of Rs. 50.00 Croreto the project. The food park is having facilities of fully operational Dry warehouse and material handling of 5000 MT, Pineapple canning and Pulping line of 2 MT/Hr each, Packing Unit, Ripening Chambers of 40 TPD, Cold Storage of 5000 MT with Frozen Storage of 1000 MT, Quality Control, Research & Development Centreetc.
- It also has fully developed Industrial plots for setting up processing units and Standard Design Factory (SDF) Sheds to provide ready to move in facility for micro and small enterprises. The Park also has a common administrative building for office and other uses by the entrepreneurs and 5 PPCs at Sonamura, Hrisyamukh, Chandipur, Manu and Budhjung Nagar having facilities for primary processing and storage near the farms.
♦ 150 Sri Lankan students gets Mahatma Gandhi scholarships for study in India
- Sri Lankan education minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam and Indian High Commissioner Taranjit Singh Sandhu gave the scholarships at a special ceremony held in Colombo on Wednesday.
- This is the twelfth year in continuum that India has provided Mahatma Gandhi scholarships to bright students across Sri Lanka.
- The minister appreciated the assistance provided by India including for the new trilingual school in Polonnaruwa and Saraswathy College in Kandy.
- He also thanked India for providing training to teachers in Sri Lanka. High commissioner of India said that it was special occasion where 150 Sri Lankan students were awarded the Mahatma Gandhi scholarships while the world is celebrating the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
♦ ‘Runway to a Billion Opportunities’ – Raksha Mantri Inaugurates Aeroindia 2019
- Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the 12th biennial edition of International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition and declared the Aero India 2019 open today amidst a lot of fanfare at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru. This edition of Aero India, for the first time, combines the defence and civil aviation segments into a holistic event with the co-involvement of the defence and civil aviation ministries in the event. More than 600 Indian Companies and 200 Foreign Companies are participating and witnessing the largest Air show of Asia.
- Present at the occasion were Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri HD Kumaraswamy, Minister of State for Civil Aviation Shri Suresh Prabhu, Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr Subhash Bhamre, Minister of Statistics and Programme ImplementationShri Sadananda Gowda, the three Service Chiefs of the Army, Navy and the Air Force, Defence Secretary Shri Sanjay Mitra, Secretary Defence Production Dr Ajay Kumar, Chairman and Secretary DRDO Dr Satheesh Reddy, delegates from several foreign countries, senior serving officers from the three Services, veterans, and senior executives from defence industries.
♠Vocabulary (The Hindu)♠
- DITHER (NOUN):upset:(बेचैनी)
Synonyms: tizzy, flap
Antonyms: calm, peace
Example: I am in such a dither I forget to put the water in.
- RENEGADE (ADJECTIVE): rebellious:(आवारा)
Synonyms: difficult, resistant
Antonyms: obedient, dutiful
Example: The renegade policeman revealed details of the murder.
- GIMMICK (NOUN):trick:(चाल)
Synonyms: ruse, ploy
Antonyms: truth, honesty
Example: It’s just a public relations gimmick.
- WRANGLE (NOUN):fight:(लड़ाई)
Synonyms: argument, bickering
Antonyms: agreement, harmony
Example: Localities were the witnessed of the dirty wrangle of the two political leaders.
- JIBE (VERB): (सहमत होना):To agree
Synonyms: harmonize, conform
Antonyms: disagree, differ
Example: I do not jibe with his idea.
- TRANQUIL (ADJECTIVE): (शांतचित्त):peaceful
Synonyms: calm, pastoral
Antonyms: agitated, aroused
Example: She wants to lead a tranquil life.
- TUTELARY (ADJECTIVE): (संरक्षक):Protecting
Synonyms: Guardian, advisory
Antonyms: careless, inattentive
Example: He was acting as a tutelary brother for me that day.
- EFFETE (ADJECTIVE): (नष्ट बल /अशक्त):Self-indulgent
Synonyms: spoilt, destroyed
Antonyms: disciplined, proper
Example: He is an effete kid.
Close Test Based on The Hindu Editorial
The bane in Spain: on the call for snap elections
The snap poll called for April 28 by Spain’s minority Socialist Party government could deepen the fissures in the ………(1)……… polity. The new anti-immigrant Vox party, which made inroads in December in Andalusia, Spain’s most populous region, is the latest addition to the smaller formations that can hold the balance in a future ……..(2)……….. The stability of the short-lived government of Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez, whose fall has triggered the third general election since late 2015, had been under threat from the start. It was propped up last June by Catalan separatist parties, which were bound to turn into a liability for Mr. Sánchez. For the governing Socialist Party has, no less than the conservative People’s Party, consistently regarded the Catalonian demand for separation as a violation of the integrity of the Spanish union. The previous centre-right government took a hard line on the ………(3)……… cause: it dissolved the regional parliament and imposed rule from Madrid following the October 2017 referendum and the unilateral declaration of independence. But Mr. Sanchez’s efforts to renew a political dialogue have proved futile in the face of the volatility. Last year’s commemorations marking Catalonia’s national day and the first anniversary of the controversial 2017 plebiscite saw large turnouts at separatist protests. Meanwhile, a recent government proposal to appoint a rapporteur to ………..(4)………with the secessionists has been condemned as a betrayal by the conservatives. The anti-government protests drew large crowds championing a united Spain and demands to vote out the Socialists.
A trial that started last week against the masterminds of the 2017 referendum is the latest flashpoint. Many of the defendants appearing before the Supreme Court were part of the regional Catalan government and face long prison terms if convicted. The trial has sealed any hope of the Socialist government conceding its coalition Catalan allies’ demand for a referendum on statehood. Within days, the separatists hit back, voting down the national budget, alongside the Opposition conservatives whom Mr. Sánchez unseated in June. Whereas prolonged instability has marred Spanish politics in recent years, the country had so far seemed immune to the populist surge spreading across the rest of the European Union. The entry of the extreme right Vox party to the Andalusian legislature has unsettled that status quo. The Socialists are expected to emerge as the single largest party in April, but well short of a clear majority. The two centre-right parties are also unlikely to muster enough numbers to form a government on their own. Opinion polls indicate that Vox could have a significant presence in the next parliament and be in a position to play kingmaker. This is not an attractive prospect for either the majority of moderates or the Catalan separatists. Spain needs stability at any cost today.
Mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow our Blog for Regular Updates:- Ambitious Baba
Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here
Telegram Group:- Click Here
Subscribe our YouTube channel:- Click Here
Follow us on Twitter:- Click Here
Join us on Linked In:- Click Here
“Thanks & Be Ambitious”😊😊