Tokyo Paralympics 2020: Highlights
Tokyo Paralympics easily being India’s most successful ever, there were plenty of remarkable numbers recorded by Indian athletes.Total number of medals won by India in Tokyo — five golds, eight silvers and six bronzes, easily the most they have won in a single edition. India had previously won 12 medals in 11 editions that they had participated. Their earlier record for a single editions was four medals, which they has won twice: in Stoke Mandeville and New York in 1984 and in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
India sent its biggest ever contingent of 54 para-athletes at Tokyo Paralympics to compete across as many as 9 sporting disciplines at the Games.
- India’s Rank: 24th
- India Total Medal: 19 (5 Gold, 8 Silver, 6 Bronzes)
- Top Rank: China (96 golds, 60 silvers and 51 bronzes).
- Javelin thrower Tek Chand was the flag bearer at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Paralympics.
- Shooter Avani Lekhara was India’s flag-bearer at the closing ceremony.
- Athletics: Sumit Antil (Men’s Javelin Throw)
- Badminton: Pramod Bhagat (Men’s Singles)
- Badminton: Krishna Nagar (Men’s Singles)
- Shooting: Manish Narwal (Mixed 50m Pistol)
- Shooting: Avani Lekhara (Women’s 10m Air Rifle Standing)
- Athletics: Yogesh Kathuniya (Men’s Discus Throw)
- Athletics: Nishad Kumar (Men’s High Jump)
- Athletics: Mariyappan Thangavelu (Men’s High Jump)
- Athletics: Praveen Kumar (Men’s High Jump)
- Athletics: Devendra Jhajharia (Men’s Javelin Throw)
- Badminton: Suhas Yathiraj (Men’s Singles)
- Shooting: Singhraj Adhana (Mixed 50m Pistol)
- Table Tennis: Bhavina Patel (Women’s Singles)
- Archery: Harvinder Singh (Men’s Individual Recurve)
- Athletics: Sharad Kumar (Men’s High Jump)
- Athletics: Sundar Singh Gurjar (Men’s Javelin Throw)
- Badminton: Manoj Sarkar (Men’s Singles)
- Shooting: Singhraj Adhana (Men’s 10m Air Pistol)
- Shooting: Avani Lekhara (Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions)
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|