Twitter shutting down its feature ‘CoTweets’
The micro-blogging platform, Twitter, is shutting down its fairly new collaborative posting feature ‘CoTweets’.
The decision to close the feature has been made just a few months after the micro-blogging platform began testing it.
What was Co-Tweet feature?
- A CoTweet is a co-authored Tweet that’s posted on the micro-blogging platform simultaneously to both authors’ profiles and their followers’ timelines.
- A CoTweet is spotted easily with two pictures of authors and usernames that appear in the header.
- CoTweets are now no longer available to create.
- Already existing CoTweets is available to view for one more month at which point they will revert to Retweets.
- The feature disappears from the social network with an aim to help authors share the spotlight, unlock opportunities for engaging new audiences, and enhance their established partnerships.
Official launched CoTweet feature:
- In July 2022, Twitter had initially launched the CoTweet feature officially. The micro-blogging platform, at that time, only set aside two authors to appear on a CoTweet’s header at once, giving users the right to only invite one co-author per CoTweet.
- However, Twitter is immediately closing the CoTweets, meaning that users will no longer be able to make use of the feature starting today. From now on, CoTweet posts would be appeared as regular tweets.
- This isn’t the first time that the social network has shut down a feature that it was experimenting with for months.
- Twitter had previously shut down ‘Fleets’, a feature which corresponded Instagram Stories and was launched in November 2020.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which social media platform it’s newly launched feature after a year?
Q2. What is the name of feature which is shutdown by Twitter recently?
Q3. Which feature was also shutdown by Twitter before CoTweet’s shut down?
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP