US President Donald Trump has ordered to suspend US work visas until the end of 2020
♦Donald Trump to suspend US work visas
- An executive order was signed recently by US President Donald Trump to suspend new applications for different foreign work visas like H-1B, H-2B, J and L visa until the end of 2020.
- Previously, the USA has already banned the immigrant and non-immigrant worker visa for 60 days, which now has been extended until the end of 2020. The ban is effective immediately.
- There will be an exemption on J visas for scholars and professors as well as on H-2B visa for some food industry workers.
♦What are Work Visas?
- In developing countries like India, where people are often underpaid wants to work in the USA at relatively low costs when compared to people of the USA.
- The USA government issues a certain number of visas each year to the employees of other countries who want to work in the USA.
- These visas allow companies from outside the USA to send employees to work in USA.
♦What are different work visas?
- H-1B Visa is issued to skilled workers.
- H-1B is for workers in Specialty Occupation and requires a higher education degree or its equivalent.
- H-2B Visa: H-2B Visa are issued temporarily to non-agricultural workers in the landscaping and hospitality industries.
- L-1 Visa: L-1 Visa is issued to executives and managers, workers with specialized knowledge for a period of up to seven years.
- H-4 Visas: H-4 Visas is issued to dependents (spouses or children under 21 years of age) of H1B visa holders.
- J-1 Visas: It is issued to students, professors, research scholars and exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, especially to obtain medical or business training within the U.S.
♦Why the visas were suspended?
- To protect the domestic workers of the USA who had been impacted due to a contraction in the economy because of the COVID-19.
- The ban on entry of additional workers through the H-1B, H-2B, J, and L non-immigrant visa programmes will increase employment opportunities for domestic workers of the USA.
♦Who will be affected?
- The new rule would apply only to those who are outside the USA and do not have a valid non-immigrant visa as of 23rd June and an official travel document other than a visa to enter the country. They will not be allowed to enter the USA until 31st December 2020.
- The most affected will be the Indian IT companies among which H-1B Visa was the most popular.
♦Who will be not affected?
- Lawful permanent residents of the USA and foreign nationals who are spouses or child of an American citizen will not be affected by this ban.
- Foreign nationals who want to enter the USA to supply temporary labour or services essential to the food supply chain also are exempted from the newest proclamation.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2020E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here