World No.1 Tennis player took retirement at the age of 25
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “World No.1 Tennis player took retirement at the age of 25”
World number one tennis star Ashleigh Barty declared her retirement from professional tennis on Wednesday (March 23) at the age of 25. Her leaving the sporting world news is shocked. The stunning tennis player has quoted the fulfillment of her tennis goals and fatigue with life on the Tour.
She became the first home-grown champion of the Australian Open in 44 years recently while she getting together with tennis royalty’s most exclusive club with a Grand Slam crown on three different surfaces.
Ashleigh Barty was born on 24 April 1996 in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. She is an Australian former professional tennis player and cricketer. She is the only second Australian tennis player who has been ranked No. 1 in the world in singles by the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA).
- She achieved a feet to reach a table of top-ten player in doubles and holding a career-high ranking of No. 5 in the world.
- Ashleigh Barty won three-time Grand Slamsingles champion, and the dominating champion at Wimbledon and the Australian Open.
- She won a Grand Slam doubles champion after winning the 2018 US Openwith CoCo Vandeweghe.
- She got 15 singles titles and 12 doubles titles on the WTA Tour.
- With these all achievement she won number of title and tours in Tennis world.
- She won Fed cup Heart award in 2019 and World Champion award in same year by
- She was conferred with the Don award which is known as Australia Hall of Fame in sport in 2019.
- Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) has bestowed her with ‘player of the year’ award in 2019 and 2021.
- She got award for Sportsmanship at US open 2018 and 2021.
Recently announced retirement is Barty’s second “retirement” from the sport as she having walked away from the game as a teenager in late-2014 after becoming disaffected by the Tour.
But after it, she came back to field in 2016 and grew in lighting speed in the rankings.
Titles and grand slams:
Ashleigh Barty is retiring with 15 titles, less than two months after winning the Australian Open, her third Grand Slam singles triumph following the 2021 Wimbledon and 2019 French Open.
World number 1:
She was topped the table of ranking with numbered 1 with total of 121 weeks.
She informed the world through an emotional video of her which addressed post on her Instagram that she is announcing her retirement. Ashleigh Barty said in her video, “Today is difficult and filled with emotion for me as I announce my retirement from tennis.”
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which number one tennis player has announced her retirement from the sport?
Ans. Ashleigh Barty
Q2. For which country she played?
Q3. What is the current age of her?
Telegram Group: Join
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|