14th India-Japan annual Summit
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “14th India-Japan annual Summit”
Fumio Kishida, Prime Minister of Japan has visited first time to India in view of attending 14th India-Japan annual summit. PM Narendra Modi held talks with PM of Japan which concluded as “productive” with wide range of discussions on various issues.
14th annual summit:
- This is the first visit of Mr Kishida’s to India from taking charge of the office last year. The 14th India Japan annual Summit was the first meeting of Mr Modi and Mr Kishida.
- Mr Kishida reached New Delhi for two-day visit. Union Minister for Railways and IT Ashwini Vaishnaw welcomed the visiting dignitary at the airport.
- This summit is the first India–Japan annual summit since 2018. It had been postponed in 2019 because of protesting against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and then the pandemic in 2020.
Agreements & MoUs signed in summit:
In the summit India and Japan has agreed and signed 6 MoUs in various fields which are as follows:
- Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) in the field of Cyber security.
- Providing loans worth 20400 crores rupees for projects in connectivity, water supply and sewerage, horticulture, healthcare, and biodiversity conservation in various States.
- Agreement signed between India and Japan for India-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
- Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on Decentralized Domestic Wastewater Management.
- India-Japan Industrial Competitiveness Partnership Roadmap.
- Memorandum of Cooperation on Sustainable Urban Development.
Announcements during Summit:
5 trillion yen investment in India:
After the meeting, Japan has announced to set an investment target of “five trillion yen” ($42 billion) in the next five years in India.
This newly created target of investment will create an opportunity for greater involvement of Japanese companies in our economy.
Clean Energy Partnership:
Both countries will co-operate each other in areas like electric vehicles, storage systems including batteries, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, development of solar energy; hydrogen; ammonia etc. for clean and sustainable energy.
Sustainable Development Initiative for the North Eastern Region of India:
Japan is determined to help in ongoing projects and even possible future cooperation in various States in the NER in the field of connectivity, healthcare, new and renewable energy.
Discussion made by two countries:
Wide spread discussion has been made between two countries over regional issues at the Line of Actual Control (LAC), ongoing invasion by Russia in Ukraine, partnership on peace and developmental talks between two countries.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which county’s prime minister has visited India for 2 day recently?
Ans. Japan (PM- Fumio Kishida)
Q2. At which place 14th India-Japan annual summit has held?
Ans. New Delhi
Q3. How many MoUs have been signed between two countries?
Q4. How much amount of investment has been announced by Japan in India?
Ans. 5 trillion yen or 42 billion dollars
Telegram Group: Join
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|