Boat And Stream Quiz for RRB PO & Clerk : Quiz – 5
Boat and Stream Questions are a common topic in the quantitative aptitude section of many competitive exams such as SSC, Railways, Banking, etc. Generally, 1-3 Boat and Stream Questions are asked in the examinations. Many candidates find Boat and Stream formulas confusing. To curb this confusion, we are providing you Boat and Stream Quiz with a detailed explanation. This Boat and Stream Quiz is completely FREE. If you will practice this Boat and Stream Quiz, Boat and Stream Questions can be solved within minutes.
1. A man goes downstream with a boat to some destination and returns upstream to his original place in 5 hours. If the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of stream are 10km/h and 4km/h respectively, the distance of the destination from the starting place is:
(b) 22 km
(c) 20 km
(d) 21 km
(e) None of these
2. Speed of a boat in still water is 120% of its upstream speed in a river. After covering 105 km downstream it returns and covers 200/7% of distance covered in downstream. If time taken in downstream is 3 hours more than time taken in return trip then find the normal speed of current.
(a) 2 km/hr
(b) 2.5 km/hr
(c) 3 km/hr
(d) 4 km/hr
(e) 3.5 km/hr
3. A boat goes 28 km downstream and while returning covered only 75% of distance covered in downstream, if boat takes 3 hr more to cover upstream than downstream. Find the speed of boat in still water (km/hr) if speed of current is 5/9 m/sec?
(a) 3 km/hr
(b) 4 km/hr
(c) 5 km/hr
(d) 6 km/hr
(e) 7 km/hr
4. The respective ratio between speed of the boat upstream and speed of the boat downstream is 3 : 4. What is the speed of the boat in still water if it covers 70 km downstream in 3 hours 30 min? (in km/h)
5. Still water speed of boat is three time of the current speed. If a boat travel 72 downstream and return upstream in total 33 hours in which boat lost 25% of its upstream speed while returning, then find speed of boat in still water ?
(a) 9 km/hr
(b) 6 km/hr
(c) 3 km/hr
(d) 12 km/hr
(e) 15 km/hr
6. A boat goes 30 km in a river upstream in 5 hours. How long boat will take to cover the same distance in downstream, if the speed of current is one-fourth of the speed of boat in still water?
(a) 3 hours
(b) 4 hours
(c) 2 hours
(d) 1 hours
(e) 6 hours
7. A man can row at the rate of 7 km/hr in still water. If the time taken to row a certain distance upstream 5/2times as much as to row the Same distance downstream then find the speed of the current ?
(b) 4 km/hr
(d) 3 km/hr
(e) 5 km/hr
8. A boat takes double times in covering same distance in upstream that of downstream, if boat cover 96 km in downstream and 72 upstream in total 20 hours. Find still water speed of boat ?
(d) 9 km/hr
9. A boat can row to a place 56 km away and come back in 22 hours. The time to row 21 km with the stream is same as the time to row 12 km against the stream. Find the speed of boat in still water?
(a) 1.5 kmph
(b) 3.5 kmph
(c) 5.5 kmph
(d) 7.5 kmph
(e) 6 kmph
10. Upstream speed in a river is 60% of the downstream speed for same distance. If speed of boat is 24 km/hr then in how much time boatman will cover 45 km in upstream and 60 km in downstream together?
(a) 4.5 hours
(b) 7.5 hours
(c) 3.5 hours
(d) 5.5 hours
(e) 6.5 hours
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|