Boat And Stream Quiz for RRB PO & Clerk : Quiz – 8
Boat and Stream Questions are regularly asked in the quantitative aptitude section of many competitive exams, including the SSC, Railways, and Banking. You can expect 1-2 questions from Boat and Stream topic in most competitive examinations. Many candidates get confused after seeing Boat and Stream Questions. So, here we are providing you with the Boat and Stream Quiz to help you prepare better. This Boat and Stream Quiz includes a detailed explanation for each question. This Boat and Stream Quiz is entirely free of charge. This Boat and Stream Quiz is based on the latest or most recent exam pattern. If you practice this Boat and Stream Quiz, you’ll be able to answer questions in minutes and score higher in upcoming examinations.
1. A person covers 18 km along the stream in 4 h and covers the same distance against the stream in 12 hr. find the speed of stream in km/hr.
(e) None of these
2. At his usual rowing rate, Rahul can travel 12 miles downstream in a certain river in 6 hours less than it take him to travel the same distance upstream. But if he could double his usual rowing rate for his 24-mile round trip, the downstream 12 miles would then take only one hour less than the upstream 12 miles. What is the speed of the current in miles per hour?
(e) None of these
3. Ratio of upstream speed to downstream speed is 1 : 11. If speed of boat is 30 km/hr. Find the distance covered in upstream in 5 hours ? (in km)
4. A boat goes 15 km up stream in 5 hours. How long boat will take to cover the same distance towards downstream, if the speed of current is one-fourth of the speed of boat in still water?
(a) 5 hrs
(b) 2.5 hrs
(c) 1.5 hrs
(d) 3 hrs
(e) 2 hrs
5. A boat sails downstream from point A to point B, which is 10 km away from A, and then returns to A. If the actual speed of the boat (in still water) is 3 km/h, the trip from A to B takes 8 hours less than that from B to A. What must the actual speed of the boat for the trip from A to B to take exactly 100 minutes?
(a) 1 km/h
(b) 2 km/h
(c) 3 km/h
(d) 4 km/h
(e) None of these
6. Ratio between speed of boat in still water to speed of stream is 8 : 1. If 67.5km is travelled downstream in 2.5 hours then find the difference between speed of boat in still water to speed of stream(in kmph)?
7. A boatman can cover a river of 60 km length and came back at its initial point in 4.5 hrs. If speed of boat is thrice than that of the speed of stream then find the speed of boat?
8. If speed of boat in upstream is double than the speed of current and speed of boat in still water is 27 km/hr. Then find the time taken by boat to travel 54 km downstream? (in hour)
9. Upstream speed in a river is 60% of the downstream speed for same distance. If speed of boat is 24 km/hr then in how much time boatman will cover 45 km in upstream and 60 km in downstream together?
(a) 4.5 hours
(b) 7.5 hours
(c) 3.5 hours
(d) 5.5 hours
(e) 6.5 hours
10. Ratio of speed of a boat in upstream to in downstream is 11 : 14. If boat travel 12 km in upstream and 28 km downstream in 2 hour then find the speed of stream is what percent of speed of boat in downstream.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|