Current Affairs 10th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launched ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme’
- The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme‘ in Dehradun.
- The scheme is aimed to provide incentives benefiting around 53,000 people of Uttarakhand. The state government is targeting to spend INR 444.62 crore to open 500 milk sales centers in Uttarakhand.
- It is a Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) scheme, the amount under the scheme would go directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries through their linked bank accounts.
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
NITI Aayog launched “e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition” with CESL & WRI India
- NITI Aayog has launched e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition in partnership with Convergence Energy Service Limited (CESL), World Resources Institute, India (WRI India), and with the support from Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI).
- Aim: To share knowledge of various stakeholders – Central & State Govt. agencies, transit service providers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), on accelerating the process towards seamless adoption of e-bus services in India.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
Airtel partnered with Invest India to launch “Airtel India Startup Innovation Challenge”
- Bharti Airtel and Invest India, National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency jointly launched ‘Airtel India Startup Innovation Challenge’ for Startups to develop solutions in 5G, IoT.
- Under the Startup Innovation Challenge, early-stage technology companies are being invited to demonstrate differentiated solutions in areas such as 5G, Cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and digital entertainment.
- Founded: 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman: Sunil Bharti
- MD & CEO: Mittal Gopal Vittal
Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women in India List 2021: Nirmala Sitharaman topped
- Fortune India released the list of most powerful women in India 2021 in which Union Minister, Ministry of Finance & Ministry of Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman ranked 1st.
- She is followed by Reliance Foundation Chairperson and Goodwill Ambassador Nita Ambani in 2nd position, and Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization (WHO) at 3rd.
Fortune India’s List of Top 5 Most Powerful Women in India:
|1||Nirmala Sitharaman (62)||Union Ministry, Ministry of Finance|
|2||Nita Ambani (58)||Reliance Foundation Chairperson and Goodwill Ambassador|
|3||Soumya Swaminathan (62)||Chief Scientist, World Health Organization (WHO)|
|4||Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (68)||Executive Chairperson, Biocon|
|5||Suchitra Ella (58)||Co-founder and Joint MD, Bharat Biotech International Ltd|
World Inequality Report 2022: India among most unequal countries
- Paris-based World Inequality Lab has released World Inequality Report 2022, authored by Lucas Chancel, co-director of World Inequality Lab, and was coordinated by famed French economist Thomas Piketty.
- As per the report 2022, India is now among the most unequal countries in the world with an affluent elite.
- The average national income of the Indian adult population is Rs 204,200. While the bottom half of the Indian population earns Rs 53,610, the top 10% earns twenty times more (around Rs 11,66,520). Top 10% and top 1% hold respectively 57% and 22% of total national income, while share of the bottom 50% has gone down to 13%. The ratio in the richest nation that is the US, is 1 to 17.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ report: 9th
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
Banking and Financial
Cabinet approved the continuation of PMAY-G till March 2024
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) beyond March 2021 till March 2024.
- Under this, financial assistance is to be provided for the construction of the remaining 155.75 lakh houses within total target of 2.95 crore houses.
- The outlay for the construction of remaining houses will be 2,17,257 crores with Central Share Rs.1,25,106 crore and State Share Rs. 73,475 crores.
Paytm Payments Bank got scheduled bank status from RBI
- Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL), an associate entity of Paytm, has gained the central bank’s approval to function as a scheduled payments bank, helping it to widen its financial services operations.
- The bank has been included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. Apart from Paytm, Fino Payments Bank and India Post Payments Bank have also been included in the second schedule.
- Being a Scheduled Payments Bank, Paytm Payments Bank can take part in government and other large corporations issued Request for Proposals (RFP), primary auctions, fixed-rate and variable rate repos, and reverse repos, along with participation in Marginal Standing Facility.
- The bank supports 3 crore Paytm Wallets and enables consumers to make payments at over 87,000 online merchants and 2.11 crore in-store merchants.
About Paytm Payments Bank:
- Founded: 2015
- Headquarters: Noida, India
- Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Appointment and Resignation
Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu appointed Brand Ambassadors of Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App
- BYJU’S announced a 2-year partnership with Olympic medalists Neeraj Chopra and PV Sindhu as the brand ambassadors for Disney BYJU’S Early Learn app.
- Javelin thrower, Neeraj Chopra is a Gold medallist and Badminton player, PV Sindhu is a Bronze medallist from 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- The Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App has taken Disney-licensed characters for its early learning app for younger children aged between 6-8 years.
- Founded: 2011
- Founder: Byju Raveendran
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Century LED’s Magik range: Sourav Ganguly
- GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup: Smriti Mandhana
- 50th year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh: Sanjay Dutt
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries: Naomi Kawase
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
- Unix: Jasprit Bumrah
- Piramal Realty: Farhan Akhtar, Rahul dravid
Ropesh Goyal won the “Young Geospatial Scientist” Award 2021
- Ropesh Goyal from IIT-Kanpur won the ‘Young Geospatial Scientist’ award in recognition of his unique contribution to developing the Indian Geoid Model and computation software.
- The ‘Young Geospatial Scientist’ award and a gold medal have been presented every year since 2011 to promising scientists below 35 years of age in memory of Rachapudi Kamakshi, a strategic analyst with a strong inclination towards geography and geospatial studies.
- Member of Space Commission, Government of India, and former ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar presented the award to Goyal during the inaugural event of the DigiSmart India 2021 conference hosted by the Geospatial World.
India inked deal with Russia for procurement of AK-203 assault rifles
- India has signed a contract with Indo-Russia Rifles Pvt. Ltd., a Joint Venture between India and Russia for the indigenous production of over 6 Lakh AK-203 Assault Rifles at Korwa, UP.
- It envisages the complete transfer of technology to IRRPL by Kalashnikov in the manufacturing of the first 70,000 weapons.
- Rest of the 5.31 lakh weapons will be completely indigenous realizing Govt’s vision of Make in India and expanding defence exports. The whole order will be produced in 10 years.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
India won 41 medals at Asian Youth Para Games 2021 held in Bahrain
- India claimed 41 medals (12 Gold, 15 Silver, 14 Bronze) at the 4th Asian Youth Para Games (AYPG), Asia’s biggest event held at Riffa city, Bahrain.
- The event is organized by the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) of Bahrain with the support of the local government. Over 700 athletes from around 30 countries participated in the event from 2ndto 6th December 2021.
- The 5th edition of the Asian Youth Para Games 2025 will be hosted by Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Sports: Para-athletics, Para badminton, boccia, goalball, Para powerlifting, Para swimming, Para table tennis, Para taekwondo, and wheelchair basketball.
8 December: SAARC Charter Day
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Charter Day is observed annually on 8th December to commemorate the adoption of the SAARC Charter.
- The charter was signed by the Leaders of SAARC Countries Heads of State or Government of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka at the First SAARC Summit held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 8 December 1985.
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC):
- Founded: 8 December 1985
- Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Current Chair: Nepal
- Secretary-General: Esala Ruwan Weerakoon (Sri Lanka)
10 December: International Human Rights Day
- December 10 every year is observed as International Human Rights Day.
- The day marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nations on 10 December 1948.
- Theme 2021: “Equality – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights.”
Serum Institute of India Executive Director Suresh Jadhav passed away
- Serum Institute of India (SII) Executive DirectorSuresh Jadhav (72 years) passed away in Pune, Maharashtra after a long illness.
- He was instrumental in the development of the Covishield vaccine for Covid-19, and in setting up the Developing Countries Vaccine Manufacturing Network.
- He represented the Serum Institute of India on the GAVI board and was also instrumental in the liaison between the national and international regulatory authorities.
Padma Shri awardee Nanda Kishore Prusty passed away
- A well-known teacher from Odisha and Padma Shri awardee Nanda Kishore Prusty (Nanda Sir), passed away at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- On 9th November 2021, he was conferred with the Padma Shri award for his contributions in the field of education.
- Nanda Kishore Prusty, a Class 7 pass out has dedicated several decades of his life in providing free education to children and adults in Jajpur and thus best known for his selfless dedication towards eradicating illiteracy in Odisha.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs