Current Affairs 12th and 13th February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
J&K governor launched 1st of its kind QR code-based mechanism to certify and label handmade carpets of J&K
- Lieutenant Governor of the Jammu & Kashmir, Manoj Sinha launched the Quick Response (QR) Code-based mechanism for labelling the handmade carpets in J&K, a first-of-its-kind in the country.
- With the QR-based application, customers can check and verify the authenticity and other requisite details of carpets produced in Jammu and Kashmir.
- He also felicitated UT’s awardees of Handicrafts & Handloom. J&K Handicrafts are repositories of India’s creative traditions that are serving as a cultural expression.
- The Jammu and Kashmir government has introduced Export Incentive Scheme. Under this scheme, the incentive of 10 per cent of the total volume of GI certified Handicrafts and Handloom products exported to any country, with maximum reimbursement of up to ₹5 crores, shall be provided to eligible exporters registered with the Department of Handicrafts and Handloom.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
- Formation (Union territory): 31 October 2019
- Capital: Jammu (winter), Srinagar (summer)
Dept of Social Justice & Empowerment inaugurated SMILE scheme
- Department of Social Justice & Empowerment has launched the “SMILE: Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise” scheme in New Delhi.
- The scheme has been designed for providing welfare measures to the Transgender community and people engaged in begging.
- The schemes include two central sector sub-schemes: Comprehensive Rehabilitation for Welfare of Transgender Persons & Comprehensive Rehabilitation of persons engaged in the act of Begging.
- Ministry has allocated Rs. 365 Crore for the scheme for the financial year 2021-22 to 2025-26.
India signed MoU with Australia on tourism cooperation
- India has signed MoU with Australia on Tourism cooperation in New Delhi. It will be instrumental in increasing tourists’ arrival from this important source market.
- Australia is the most important tourism generating markets for India (ranked 4th in terms of Foreign Tourist Arrivals to the country in 2019).
- Under the MoU, three meeting of Joint Working Group Meeting on tourism between India and Australia were conducted. Ministry of Tourism has MoUs with 45 countries.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
J&K Government signed a pact with New Zealand for Transforming sheep farming sector
- Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) government signed a pact with New Zealand for the transformation of the sheep farming sector in the J&K Union Territory.
- Aim: To improve farmers’ remuneration, transfer of technology in research and development, marketing and value addition of sheep products of J&K.
- The year 2022 marks the 70th anniversary of the commencement of bilateral relations between India and New Zealand.
About New Zealand:
- Capital: Wellington
- Currency: New Zealand dollar ($) (NZD)
- Prime minister: Jacinda Ardern
EIU’s Democracy Index 2021: India ranked 46th; Norway topped
- India has ranked 46th in the 2021 Democracy Index’s global ranking, according to The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- With the highest score of 9.75, Norway topped the Democracy Index 2021 by Economist Intelligence.
- The list was published on February 10, 2022. India scored 6.91 to rank 46th on the list. Pakistan has been placed further below in the hybrid regime with a rank of 104.
Top 10 Rankings:
List of India’s Rank in Different Index 2021-22
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- 5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: 4th
- Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: 3rd; US topped
- “2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report: 3rd; Russia topped
- Henley Passport index 2022: 83; Japan & Singapore topped
- 2021 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI): 85th, Denmark, Finland, New Zealand topped
Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2021/2022 report: India ranked 4th in Ease of Starting Business; Saudi Arabia topped
- According to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) 2021/2022 report, unveiled at the Dubai Expo, India is among the top five easiest places to start a new business.
- India has topped amongst low-income economies (according to GDP per capita) on different Entrepreneurial Framework Conditions such as Entrepreneurial Finance, Ease of Access to Finance, Government Policy: Support and Relevance; and Government Support: Taxes and Bureaucracy; while Government Entrepreneurial Programmes was ranked second highest.
- In ease to start a business, they had placed India 4th It was topped by Saudi Arabia and followed by Netherlands & Sweden.
List of India’s Rank in Different Index 2021-22
- Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021: 20th
- Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021: 2nd
- Global Innovation Index (GII) 2021: 46th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 90th
- Global Hunger Index 2021: 101st
- Global Food Security Index 2021: 71st
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ report: 9th
Banking and Financial
HDFC Ergo partnered with Visa for insurance cover on select bank cards
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance entered into a first-of-its-kind partnership with Visa to offer curated insurance covers for Visa’s Platinum cardholders for select public sector banks.
- The policy will offer fraud insurance cover for an amount up to Rs 1 lakh to all Visa Platinum Credit & Debit Cards of participating issuers.
- Through the partnership with Visa, HFDC Ergo intends to ensure the risk of fraudulent transactions and enable the issuing banks to offer zero liability to their cardholders.
About HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Ritesh Kumar
Comscore Report: Paytm has the highest penetration in digital payments
- In accordance with the Comscore report, Paytm has the highest digital payments with over 45% penetration in Fintech.
- Paytm is followed by Google Pay (mobile App) at 43% penetration (reach as percentage of total digital population).
- Paytm got listed on the stock exchange in November 2021. The Comscore report revealed that financial services were among the top online content categories, accounting for 80 per cent of the total internet audience in India.
- Founded: August 2010
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Aditya Birla Health Insurance signed bancassurance agreement with Utkarsh SFB
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited has signed a bancassurance agreement with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank for the distribution of health insurance products across India through the Bank’s network.
- Through the agreement, the health insurance plans of ABHICL will be available for purchase to more than 2.7 million customers of the Bank across 642 branches in 214 districts spread across 19 states and 2 Union Territories in India.
- The bancassurance partnership will increase insurance penetration in India by enabling the ABHICL to reach the tier II and tier III markets with insurance solutions.
About Utkarsh Small Finance Bank:
- Headquarters: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- MD & CEO: Govind Singh
Appointment and Resignation
Pankaj Tripathi appointed as Brand Ambassador and investor of Krishi Network
- The Krishi Network, an agritech startup company, appointed Bollywood actor Pankaj Tripathi as its Brand Ambassador and investor.
- The Krishi Network is a startup co-founded by Ashish Mishra and Siddhant Bhomia, alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. The start-up provides grassroots level information support to farmers’ doubts.
- Currently, the platform is connected to 3 million farmers and is planning to grow its network further. It offers ‘15-minute answers’ for questions around any agricultural service.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App: Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu
- Uttarakhand State Brand Ambassador: Rishabh Pant
- EaseMyTrip: Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma
- Brand Endorser of Bank of Baroda: Shafali Verma
- Ambassador of All Women Match Official Team of Legends League Cricket (LLC): Jhulan Goswami
RenewBuy: RajKummar Rao
- GoodDot: Neeraj Chopra
- Games24x7’s ‘RummyCircle’: Hrithik Roshan
- Uttarakhand: Akshay Kumar
- Bata India: Disha Patani
- MediBuddy: Amitabh Bachchan
Munishwar Nath Bhandari appointed Chief Justice of Madras HC
- Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari, Acting Chief Justice of the Madras High Court, has been appointed as the Chief Justice (CJ) of the Madras HC.
- The appointment has been approved by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind. Following the transfer of Justice Sanjib Banerjee, CJ of the Madras High Court, to Meghalaya HC in November 2021, Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari was appointed as the ACJ of the Madras HC.
- Munishwar Nath Bhandari, who hails from Rajasthan, was initially appointed as a judge in the Rajasthan High Court in 2007. Later he was transferred to the Allahabad HC in 2019. In 2021, he was transferred to the Madras High Court, where he assumed office as the ACJ on 22nd November 2021.
N Chandrasekaran reappointed as Chairman of Tata Sons
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran has been re-appointed as the Chairman of the Tata Sons for another five years.
- He joined the Tata Sons Board in October 2016 and started his first term as the Chairman in January 2017.
- His name was recommended by Tata Group patriarch and Tata Trusts chairman Ratan Tata and was approved by boards of directors of Tata Sons.
- Board members: Venu Srinivasan, Ajay Piramal, Ralf Speth, Bhaskar Bhat, Sourabh Agrawal and Harish Manwani.
About Tata Sons:
- Founded: 1868
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Natarajan Chandrasekaran
Rishabh Pant won ESPNcricinfo ‘Test Batting Award’ for 2021
- In the 15th Edition of ESPNcricinfo Awards, India’s wicketkeeper-batsman, Rishabh Pantwins ‘Test Batting’ award by scoring 89 not out, helped India to win the Border Gavaskar Trophy 2021 by (2-1) and shattered Australia’s unbeaten record at Gabba after 32 years.
- Rishabh Pant was the top scorer of the series for the Indian team, scoring (274 runs). New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson was adjudged ‘Captain of the Year’.
- The Test bowling award went to Kyle Jamieson (New Zealand) for his 5 wickets leaving just 31 runs, which helped New Zealand in becoming the first World Test champions (2019-2021).
ICC Ranking (as of February 2022):
- Test Ranking: Australia (Rank 1), India (Rank 3)
- ODI Ranking: New Zealand (Rank 1), India (Rank 4)
- T20I Ranking: England (Rank 1), India (Rank 2)
Goa Shipyard delivered 5th vessel of CGOPV Project named ICGS ‘Saksham’
- India’s Goa Shipyard Ltd delivered the 5th and final vessel of the five Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vehicle (CGOPV) Project ahead of contractual schedule. The vessel was named ICGS ‘Saksham’.
- All 5 vessels have been delivered before time to the Indian Coast Guard.
- The contract for 5 CGOPVs was signed by GSL with the Ministry of Defence on 26 August 2016. All the five CGOPVs will be the most advanced patrol vessels in service with the coast guard.
About Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL):
- Founded: 1957
- Headquarters: Vasco da Gama, Goa
- Chairman & MD: Bharat Bhushan Nagpal
Book and Author
Sagarika Ghose authored a book titled “Atal Bihari Vajpayee”
- A book titled “Atal Bihari Vajpayee” authored by Sagarika Ghose has been launched. It is a biography of the former Prime Minister of India.
- Sagarika Ghose is a She has also authored a book titled “Indira: India’s Most Powerful Prime Minister”. The book is based on interviews with Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s closest confidants and aides.
10 February: National Deworming Day
- National Deworming Day (NDD) is annually observed across India on 10th February with an aim to eradicate intestinal worms also referred to as Soil-Transmitted Helminths (STH), among children of age 1-19 years.
- The NDD is a Bi-annual round of deworming. Annually the 10th February and 10th August are observed as the National Deworming Day (NDD).
- The 1st round of NDD is conducted in February and the 2nd round of NDD is conducted in August.
- The NDD is a Biannual initiative of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India that aims to ensure that every child in India is worm-free. The first round of NDD was conducted in February 2015.
12 February: National Productivity Day
- India celebrates National Productivity Day every year on 12 February. The National Productivity Council (NPC) is the organiser of this special day.
- National Productivity Council will be celebrating productivity week across the nation from 12-18 February.
- The NPC’s mission is to stimulate and promote productivity and quality awareness in all sectors of the country. The importance of marking National Productivity Day is to raise awareness of productivity, efficiency, and innovation.
- Theme 2022: “Self Reliance Through Productivity.”
13 February: National Women’s Day
- National Women’s Day is observed each year on 13 February to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sarojini Naidu.
- This year Nation celebrates her 143rd birth anniversary. She was born on February 13, 1879. She was famous for her nickname ‘Nightingale of India’ or ‘Bharat Kokila’ because of her poems. Sarojini Naidu is well-known across the globe for her contributions to literature.
- She was appointed as the President of the Indian National Congress in 1925 and later became the Governor of the United Provinces in 1947. She was also the first woman to hold the office of Governor of India.
13 February: World Radio Day
- World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February every year to recognize radio as a powerful medium, which brings people together from every corner of the globe, to promote diversity and help build a more peaceful and inclusive world.
- The day was proclaimed in 2011 by the Member States of UNESCO and adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 as an International Day, February 13 became World Radio Day (WRD).
- Trust in radio journalism
- Trust and accessibility
- Trust and viability of radio stations
Former Chairman of Bajaj Group & Industrialist Rahul Bajaj passed away
- Former chairman of Bajaj Auto Rahul Bajaj passed away due to age-related ailments. He was 83.
- He resigned from his position of non-executive director and chairman at Bajaj Auto on 30 April last year. Rahul Bajaj used to head the Bajaj Group of companies. He held a Bachelor’s degree in economics, a law degree from Mumbai University and an MBA from Harvard.
- Bajaj was a former member of the Rajya Sabha. Besides, he had been the chairman of the International Business Council, World Economic Forum.
- He was a successful entrepreneur and philanthropist who made a big contribution to the progress of the country on all economic fronts.
- Award: Padma Bhushan in 2001.
Nobel winning virologist Luc Montagnier who co-discovered HIV passed away
- Luc Montagnier, a French virologist who shared a Nobel Prize in medicine with colleague Francoise Barr-Sinoussi in 2008 for discovering the virus that causes Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), passed away.
- The discovery of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) began in Paris on Jan. 3, 1983. That was the day that Dr Montagnier (pronounced mon-tan-YAY), who directed the Viral Oncology Unit at the Pasteur Institute, received a piece of the lymph node that had been removed from a 33-year-old man with AIDS.
- He for the first time identified an infectious double-stranded RNA from cells infected with the murine encephalomyocarditis virus, a small single-stranded RNA virus in Kingsley Sanders’ laboratory at Carshalton near London.
- The first description of infectious viral RNA from the tobacco mosaic virus by Fraenkel-Conrat and Gierer and Schramm inspired him to become a virologist in 1957.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs