Current Affairs 12th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
UP Cabinet approved the proposal to implement ‘Mathrubhumi Yojana’
- The cabinet of Uttar Pradesh headed by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has approved the proposal to implement the ‘Mathrubhumi Yojana’ to facilitate individuals or private institutions to contribute to the development of any village as per the Panchayati Raj Act, 1947.
- To ensure the effective implementation the UP government will set up the ‘Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Society’ which will have a governing council and empowered committee.
- The governing council will be headed by CM as the president and Minister of Panchayati Raj as vice president.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Govt sets up committee to determine RoDTEP rates for exports from SEZs, EOUs; headed by Gopal Krishna Pillai
- The Central Government has constituted a 3-member committee for determination of RoDTEP (Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products) rates for AA (advance authorization)/export-oriented units (EOUs)/ special economic zones (SEZs) exports as these sectors were left out in the earlier exercise.
- It will be headed by Former Home Secretary Gopal Krishna Pillai, Former CBEC (Central Board of Excise and Customs) member Y G Parande and former customs member Gautam Ray.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Expert Group by MoHFW on Tobacco Tax Policy: Vikas Sheel
- Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP: Rajiv Gauba
- National Steering Committee for NIPUN Bharat Mission: Dharmendra Pradhan
- SC’s committee to Probe unauthorized surveillance using Pegasus in India: R V Raveendran
- Reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the PM: Bibek Debroy
- SEBI formed IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC): Abhay Karandikar
- SEBI reconstituted Technical Advisory Committee: Deepak B Phatak
- Technology Innovation Group on 6G formed by DoT: K Rajaraman
Odisha CM launched a Road Safety initiative ‘Rakshak’
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik launched a road safety initiative “Rakshak”.
- It is the first of its kind state-level programme in the country where 30,000 volunteers staying or working at the eateries and different business establishments located near accident-prone spots will be trained as First Responders to road accidents.
- The programme is organized by the Commerce & Transport Department of Odisha in partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and Indian Red Cross Society of Odisha State branch. Odisha Public Transport and Integrated Commuter System (OPTICS) was also inaugurated.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Banking and Financial
UCO Bank signed Co-Lending Agreement with Aadhar Housing Finance
- UCO Bank signed a co-lending agreement with Aadhar Housing Finance to provide convenient home finance solutions or home loans to customers from the economically weaker sections, lower and middle-income groups.
- This partnership is premised upon the co-lending framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that provides a tool for banks and non-banks to collaborate for providing affordable solutions to the unserved and underserved sections.
About UCO Bank:
- Establishment: 1943 (Incorporated as United Commercial Bank Limited)
- Headquarter: Kolkata, West Bengal
- MD and CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
Appointment and Resignation
SN Pradhan appointed as Director-General of NCB
- Satya Narayan Pradhan has been appointed as the Director-General (DG) of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on a deputation till the date of his superannuation on 31st August 2024 or until further orders.
- SN Pradhan was holding the additional charge as the DG of NCB in addition to the responsibilities as the DG of NDRF.
- He took the additional charge as the DG of NCB succeeding Rakesh Asthana who was appointed as Delhi Police Commissioner.
About Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB):
- Founded: 1986
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Director General: Satya Narayan Pradhan
Rajeev Srivastava appointed as CEO of Standard Chartered Securities India
- Rajeev Srivastava has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Standard Chartered Securities for India (SCSI)
- SCSI is a leading broking company and is registered as a trading and clearing member with BSE and NSE.
Daniel Brühl named as Goodwill Ambassador of UN- World Food Programme
- Spanish-German Actor Daniel Brühl has been named the Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations World Food Programme (UN-WFP).
- He has joined the WFP’s mission to reach a world with Zero Hunger. As the goodwill ambassador, he will inform about the main drivers of hunger and showcase the efforts of UN WFP to tackle both immediate needs and root causes of hunger.
About United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP):
- Founded: 1961
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Executive Director: David Beasley
Note: List of brand ambassador
- CoinDCX ‘Future Yahi Hai’ campaign: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Russian Film Festival in India: Imtiaz Ali
- Realme: KL Rahul
- Adidas’ Global Brand Ambassador: Deepika Padukone
- FloBiz Neobank’s myBillBook: Manoj Bajpayee
- Bandhan Bank in Assam: Zubeen Garg
- Amway India: Amitabh Bachchan
- My11Circle: Mohammed Siraj
Indian Navy received 4th Scorpene Submarine ‘Vela’ under Project-75
- 4th Scorpene submarine of the Project-75, Yard 11878 was delivered to the Indian Navy which will be commissioned as INS (Indian Naval Ship) Vela.
- Project-75 includes the construction of six submarines of Scorpene design by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai (Maharashtra) in collaboration with M/s Naval Group, France.
- Currently, three submarines under Project-75 are functional with Indian Navy viz. INS Karanj, INS Kalvari, and INS Khanderi.
SpaceX launched Indian-origin astronaut Raja Chari-led Crew 3 mission
- US Space agency NASA and SpaceX have launched Crew 3 mission named Endurance fixed to Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- Under this mission, 4 astronauts have been sent to International Space Station (ISS) for a six-month science mission until April 2022.
- Crew 3 mission (NASA’s Tom Marshburn (pilot); and Kayla Barron, ESA astronaut Matthias Maurer) consists of Indian-origin NASA astronaut Raja Chari as its mission commander.
India’s 1st National Yogasana Sports Championships organized in Bhubaneswar
- The First Physical National Yogasana Championships of India has been organized in Bhubaneswar, Odisha from 11th to 13th November 2021.
- It has been organized by National Yogasana Sports Federation (NYSF) in association with the Odisha state.
- Aim: to promote yoga and create a global brand around it, portraying it as a competitive sport with high standards and benchmarks.
Book and Author
Salman Khurshid authored a new book “Sunrise over Ayodhya: Nationhood in our Times”
- Former union minister and Congress leader Salman Khurshid, recently launched his book on the Ayodhya verdict named “Sunrise over Ayodhya: Nationhood in our Times”.
- On 9 November 2019, the Supreme Court, in a unanimous verdict, cleared the way for the construction of a Ram temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya.
12 November: Public Service Broadcasting Day
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated on 12 November every year. The day is celebrated to commemorate the first and only visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- On 12 November 1947, Mahatma Gandhi addressed the displaced people (a refugee from Pakistan), who had temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana after partition.
12 November: World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day is observed every year on November 12 to raise awareness about the disease.
- The day was first commemorated in the year 2009 with an aim to highlight the complications and issues related to Pneumonia. Overall, India accounts for 23 percent of the pneumonia burden globally and case fatality rates range between 14 and 30 percent.
Former South African President and Nobel Laureate FW de Klerk passed away
- Former president of South Africa and the last white person to head the country, Frederik Willem de Klerk passed away due to cancer.
- De Klerk and Nelson Mandela jointly received the Nobel Peace Prize for their work towards ending apartheid in
- He was a South African politician, who served as state president from September 1989 to May 1994 and as deputy president from 1994 to 1996.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs