Current Affairs 12 October 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
GI Tag for Karuppur kalamkari paintings, Kallakurichi wood carvings
- The traditional dye-painted figurative called Karuppur Kalamkari Paintings, and Kallakuruchi wood carvings have received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
- Kallakuruchi wood carvings is done using pens, palm stem, date trees, brushes made of bamboo stick and coconut tree stems. The Karuppur Kalamkari Paintings are done in Thanjavur region. These are traditional dye-painted figurative and patterned clothes. They are made for temples like ceiling cloth, cylindrical hangings, umbrella covers and chariot covers.
List of Some GI Tag (Recently)
- Srivilliputtur Palkova”-Channai
- Moira bananas, Harmal Chillies, Khaje-Goa
- Tezpur Litchi: Assam
- “sweet cucumber”: Nagaland
- Alibaug white onion: Maharashtra
- Rice widely grown: Wada in the Palghar district, Maharashtra
International (Current Affairs)
India, Kyrgyz Republic agree on 200 million US Dollar Line of Credit to support development projects
- India on 11th Oct agreed to provide a USD 200 million Line of Credit support for development projects in Kyrgyzstan, as External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar held “constructive” talks with the top Kyrgyz leadership to boost bilateral ties, including defence cooperation and discussed global issues like Afghanistan.
- Jaishankar, who arrived here on Sunday as part of his four-day visit to Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Armenia with an aim to further expand bilateral ties with the three Central Asian countries, called on Kyrgyz President Sadyr Japarov and discussed with him expanding economic between the two countries.
Note: About Kyrgyzstan
- Capital: Bishkek
- Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- President: Sadyr Japarov
Alexander Schellenberg appointed Austria’s new Chancellor
- Alexander Schellenberg was elected as Austrian Chancellor after resignation of Sebastian Kurz.
- Sebastian Kurz resigned because of his involvement in a corruption scandal. Apart from Alexander, Michael Linhardt joined in for the role of foreign minister. He was the former ambassador to France. Appointment of both the persons helped in ending the crisis within the Austrian government, Austrian People’s Party and Green Party Coalition.
Note: About Austria
- Capital: Vienna
- Currency: Euro
IEA invites India to become full-time member
- International Energy Agency (IEA) has invited India to become its full-time member.
- This membership invitation was given in the light that, India is world’s third-largest energy consumer. If this proposal is accepted, it will require India to increase its strategic oil reserved to 90 days requirement.
- Oil Minister Hardeep Singh Puri held discussions with IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol. During the discussion, IEA executive director invited India to deepen its cooperation with IEA by becoming its full member.
Note: About International Energy Agency
- Members: 30 (eight associate nations)
- Full membership: Colombia, Chile, Israel and Lithuania.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
Germany launches World’s First Self-Driving Train
- German rail operator, Deutsche Bahn and industrial group, Siemens launched the first automated & driverless train of the world on October 11, 2021.The self-driving train was launched in the city of Hamburg.
- This project is being developed by ‘Siemens and Deutsche Bahn’. It is being dubbed as “world first”. The project is part of a 60-million-euro modernisation of rapid urban rail system of Hamburg. These automated trains will offer a reliable service without laying a single kilometre of new track.
2021 Nobel Prize List
Awarded for Outstanding contributions for humanity in:
- Physiology or medicine
- Economic sciences
- Sweden (all prizes except the Peace Prize)
- Norway (Peace Prize only)
|Medicine or Physiology||David Julius (US)
Ardem Patapoutian (US)
|David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian discovered key mechanisms of how people sense heat, cold, touch and their own bodily movements.|
|Physics||Syukuro Manabe (Japanese-born American),
Klaus Hasselmann (German) and
Giorgio Parisi (Italian)
|For work that helps understand complex physical systems, such as Earth’s changing climate.|
|Chemistry||Benjamin List (German)
David MacMillan (Scottish)
|For their development of asymmetric organocatalysis, a “new and ingenious tool for molecule building”.|
|Literature||Tanzanian writer Abdulrazak Gurnah||For works that explore the legacies of imperialism on uprooted individuals.|
|Peace||Maria Ressa (Philippine) and
Dmitry Muratov (Russia)
|Ressa in 2012 co-founded Rappler, a news website that the committee noted had focused critical attention on President Rodrigo Duterte’s “controversial, murderous anti-drug campaign” in the Philippines.
Muratov was one of the founders in 1993 of the independent Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta, which the Nobel committee called “the most independent newspaper in Russia today, with a fundamentally critical attitude towards power.”
|Economics||David Card (US),
Joshua D Angrist(US),
Guido W Imbens (US)
|David Card for his empirical contributions to labour economics and the other half jointly to Joshua D. Angrist and Guido W. Imbens for their methodological contributions to the analysis of causal relationships.|
Telugu Filmmaker B Gopal Chosen for Satyajit Ray Award
- Well-known Telugu filmmaker B Gopal, alias Bejawada Gopal, has been chosen for the fourth Satyajit Ray Award for his overall contribution to Indian cinema. Gopal has directed 30 films Telugu films and two Hindi movies.
- He was selected by a panel comprising Malayalam filmmaker Balu Kiriyath, music director Perumbavoor G Raveendranath and others.
Malayalam writer Benyamin bags Vayalar Award
- Malayalam writer Benyamin has bagged the 45th Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Literary Award for his book “Manthalirile 20 Communist Varshangal”.
- The prestigious award, instituted by the Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Trust, comprises a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a sculpture designed by renowned sculptor Kanayi Kunhiraman and a citation. A political satire, the novel revolves around a nondescript village called Manthalir and the influence of religion and politics in its culture in two decades.
Former State Bank of India chief Rajnish Kumar joins BharatPe as chairman
- Rajnish Kumar, former chief of State Bank of India, has joined the Board of BharatPe, a fintech firm, as chairman.
- He will be involved in defining the company’s short-term and long-term strategies, and will so work closely with the other Board Members and CXOs on key business and regulatory initiatives.
- BharatPe-Centrum Capital have received an in-principle nod from the Reserve Bank of India to set up a small finance bank which would take over ailing Punjab Maharashtra Bank.
10 October: World Day Against the Death Penalty
- The World Day Against the Death Penalty is observed every year on 10 October. It is a day to advocate for the abolition of the death penalty and to raise awareness of the conditions and the circumstances which affect prisoners with death sentences.
- Theme 2021: “Women Sentenced to Death: An Invisible Reality.”
Abolhassan Banisadr first Iran’s president passes away
- Abolhassan Banisadr, Iran’s first president after the country’s 1979 Islamic Revolution who fled Tehran after being impeached for challenging the growing power of clerics as the nation became a theocracy, died. He was 88.
- He was elected president in 1980, Banisadr was impeached 16 months after taking office for challenging the growing power of clerics.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|