Current Affairs 13th May 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi launched Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Madhya Pradesh “Startup Policy and Implementation Plan – 2022” via video conferencing and also address the startup community during the Madhya Pradesh Startup Conclave held in Indore.
- PM Modi also launched the Madhya Pradesh Startup portal to promote the startup ecosystem.
- Aim: To promote startups and encourage budding entrepreneurs in Madhya Pradesh.
Recent Madhya Pradesh govt schemes:
- Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojna
- Mukhya Mantri Udyam Kranti Yojana
- Urja Saksharta Abhiyan
- Ladli Laxmi scheme-2.0
Agriculture Ministry signed an MoU with UNDP for strategic partnership on Agriculture, Crop Insurance, and Credit
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has signed an MoU with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for the implementation of combined agriculture credit and crop insurance.
- UNDP will provide technical support towards the Centre’s aspirational Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana scheme (PMFBY) and Kisan Credit Card – Modified Interest Subvention Scheme.
- Under the MoU, UNDP will leverage its expertise in systems and global know-how for supporting the Ministry of Agriculture for the implementation of combined agriculture credit and crop insurance.
About United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
- Founder: 1965
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Administrator: Achim Steiner
- Secretary: Jordi Llopart
Bhupender Yadav led Indian delegation at COP15 summit on combating desertification
- The 15th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP15) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is being held from 9th May to 20th May 2022.
- COP 15 is taking place in Abidjan, a city in Cote d’Ivoire. Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav represented India at COP 15 summit.
- Drought, land restoration, land rights, gender equality, and youth empowerment are the focus areas of COP 15.
- Aim: To bring together stakeholders from governments and the private sector to drive progress towards sustainable management of land.
- Theme of COP 15: Life. Legacy: From scarcity to prosperity.
Katalin Novak elected as first female President of Hungary
- Katalin Novak has been elected as the first female President of Hungary. She is also Hungary’s youngest President at 44 years of age.
- Janos Ader was replaced by Katalin Novak as the new President of the country. Novák will be holding this post for a five-year term.
- On 10th March Novak was elected as the president of the country by the Parliament of Hungary. Peter Rona was her opponent during the 2022 Presidential election.
- She is a member of Fidesz – Hungarian Civic Alliance. She has also served as a member of the National Assembly from the year 2018 to 2022. Under the fourth Viktor Orbán Government, she had also served as the Minister for Family Affairs from the year 2020 to 2021.
- Capital: Budapest
- Currency: Hungarian forint
- Prime Minister: Viktor Orbán
PM Modi participated in 2nd Global COVID-19 Virtual Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has participated in the Second Global COVID-19 Virtual Summit on the invitation of the President of the USA, Joseph R. Biden.
- The summit was co-hosted by the United States, Belize, Germany, Indonesia, and Senegal.
- Theme of the summit: Preventing Pandemic Fatigue and Prioritizing Preparedness.
- India adopted a people-centric strategy to combat the pandemic; India plays an active role by sharing its low-cost indigenous COVID mitigation technologies.
Ranil Wickremesinghe sworn in as Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister
- United National Party leader Ranil Wickremesinghe has taken an oath as the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka for the fifth time after the resignation of Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has administrated his oath at a ceremony held in the President’s office in Colombo.
- The President’s brother Mahinda Rajapaksa resigned as the Prime Minister following violent attacks by supporters on peaceful anti-government protesters.
- Wickremesinghe has been reappointed in an effort to bring stability to Sri Lanka, engulfed in a political and economic crisis.
About Sri Lanka:
- Capital: Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
UN approved Czech Republic to replace Russia on UN Human Rights Council
- The United Nations General Assembly has voted for the Czech Republic to replace Russia on the world organization’s leading human rights body after its suspension over horrific rights violations by Russian soldiers in Ukraine.
- The Czech Republic was the only candidate for the seat on the 47-member Human Rights Council. Out of 193 members, 180 of the General Assembly have deposited ballots. The result was 157 countries in favor of the Czech Republic and 23 abstentions.
About Czech Republic:
- Capital: Prague
- Currency: Czech koruna
- President: Milos Zeman
Ferdinand Marcos Jr. elected as President of Philippines
- Ferdinand Marcos Junior, son of late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos claims the victory in the 2022 Presidential Election of the Philippines with more than 30.8 million votes.
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and Leni Robredo are the president and vice president candidates in the election.
- Both the candidates promised economic recovery following the pandemic. Along with the two main candidates, eight other candidates, including former boxing star Manny Pacquiao, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno and former national police chief Sen.
- Capital: Manila
- Currency:Philippine peso
Banking and Financial
CPI-based Retail inflation in India surges to 8-year high at 7.79% in April
- India’s retail inflation surged to 7.79% in April, largely driven by rising fuel and food prices, government data showed.
- The consumer price-based inflation figure stayed well above the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) upper tolerance limit for the fourth consecutive month.
- In April, the CPI inflation expanded at its highest pace in eight years. The previous high was recorded at 33% in May 2014. April’s print was higher than 6.95% in March and 4.23% a year ago.
- The rate of price rise in ‘fuel and light’ category in the retail inflation basket quickened to 10.80% in April this year from 7.52% in the preceding month. The Reserve Bank has been mandated by the Centre to keep the retail inflation between 2% to 6%.
Appointment and Resignation
Sanjiv Bajaj appointed as President of CII for the year 2022-23
- Chairman of Bajaj Finserv Limited, Sanjiv Bajaj has assumed the office of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) President for the year 2022-23 after replacing the CEO of Tata Steel, TV Narendran.
- The Chairman and CEO of Hero MotoCorp Limited, Pawan Munjal has taken over as CII President-Designate for 2022-23. Executive Vice Chairman of TVS Supply Chain Solutions, R Dinesh has been appointed as a Vice President of CII.
About Confederation of Indian Industry (CII):
- Founded: 1895
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Director General: Chandrajit Banerjee
- Motto: Charting Change Enabling Development
Nongmeikapam K Singh appointed as acting Chief Justice of Gauhati HC
- President of India Ram Nath Kovind, has appointed Justice Nongmeikapam Kotiswar Singh, the senior-most judge of the Gauhati High Court, as the acting Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court in Assam.
- The appointment was made by the President in the exercise of the power conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India.
- Justice N Kotiswar Singh succeeds Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia, who has been appointed as Supreme Court Judge.
Mamata Banerjee honoured with Special Bangla Academy Award
- West Bengal Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee received the Bangla Academy Award for her “relentless literary pursuit”.
- The award, introduced this year by Sahitya Academy, was presented to Banerjee for her book “Kabita Bitan”, which pays tribute to the best writers of West Bengal.
- Mamata Banerjee’s ‘Kabita Bitan’ was launched at the 2020 Kolkata Book Fair. The book contains 946 poems written by the TMC supremo.
- Banerjee was given the award at the “Ravi Pranam” function organized by the government’s information and culture department on the occasion of Rabindranath Tagore’s birth anniversary.
Theoretical Physicist Dr Frank Wilczek won Templeton Prize 2022
- American Theoretical physicist and author, Dr. Frank Wilczek, who won the Nobel Prize (in Physics) in 2004, has been awarded the Templeton Prize 2022, the world’s largest individual lifetime achievement award, valued at over USD 1.3 million.
- He won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2004 for the discovery of asymptotic freedom in the theory of strong interaction. He shared the prize with David J. Gross and H. David Politzer.
- He became the 6th Nobel laureate to receive the Templeton Prize since its inception in 1972. As a 2022 Templeton Prize laureate he will participate in several virtual and in-person events, including a 2022 Templeton Prize event.
- John Templeton establishes the Templeton Prize for Progress in Religion (now known simply as the Templeton Prize in 1972. This was investor Sir John Templeton’s first major philanthropic venture. The inaugural Templeton Prize (1973) was presented to Mother Teresa.
Lionel Messi topped Forbes’ highest-paid athletes list for 2022
- Lionel Messi has topped the list of Forbes Highest-Paid Athletes 2022 with a reported income of $130 million, followed by Basketball player, Lebron James with $121.2 million while Cristiano Ronaldo was third with $115 million.
- Messi had moved from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain in August 2021 and Cristiano Ronaldo rejoined Manchester United from Juventus in the same month.
- Forbes calculates the estimates based on prize money, salaries and bonuses, and sponsorship deals.
Top Forbes’ highest-paid athletes:
- Lionel Messi (Soccer): $130m
- LeBron James (Basketball): $121.2m
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Soccer): $115m
- Neymar (Soccer): $95m
- Steph Curry (Basketball): $92.8m
Esha Singh and Saurabh Chaudhary won gold in Mixed Team Pistol event in ISSF Junior World Cup, Germany
- Indian pistol pairs Esha Singh and Saurabh Chaudhary clinched the mixed team pistol gold at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany.
- The team of Palak and Sarabjot Singh has settled for the silver medal in the same event. Ramita and Paarth Makhija also won silver in the 10m air rifle mixed team competition. In all, India has so far won 10 medals, including four gold.
About International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF):
- Founded: 1907
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- President: Vladimir Lisin
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs