Current Affairs 14th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi inaugurated Kashi-Vishwanath Dham project in Varanasi
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the first phase of the Kashi Vishwanath Dham Corridor The project is spread over 5 lakh square feet and connects the temple premises to the River Ganga.
- Project is constructed at a cost of ₹339 crore and is done with a vision to create an easily accessible pathway connecting the temple to the banks of river Ganga. A total of 23 buildings will be inaugurated in phase 1 of the project.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Saryu Nahar National Project in Balrampur, UP
- The 40-year long pending project, Saryu Nahar National Project, is inaugurated by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi in Balrampur, Uttar Pradesh (UP) on December 11, 2021.
- The outlay of the project is over Rs 9,800 crore, out of which more than Rs 4,600 crore was provisioned in the last four years.
- It will cater to the problem of water shortage mainly in eastern UP/ Purvanchal with assured water for irrigation to over 14 lakh hectares of land and benefit about 29 lakh farmers.
Geographical Indications Registry accepted proposal to grant Mithila Makhana GI Tag
- The Geographical Indications Registry (GIR) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry accepted the proposal to rename Bihar Makhana or fox nut as Mithila Makhana and retain its Geographical Identification (GI) tag.
- It also suggested amendments in the brand logo to highlight its origins and protect the product’s Geographical Indications (GI) rights.
- The Sabour based Bihar Agriculture University (BAU) initiated an application on behalf of the Mithilanchal Makhana Utpadak Sangh (MMUS) to name their produce as Mithila Makhana for the welfare of fox nut growers in the Mithila region.
Some GI tags of Bihar:
- Shahi Litchi
- Bhagalpuri Zardalu
- Katarni Rice
- Magahi Paan
- Silao Khaja
- Madhubani Paintings
List of Some recent GI Tag
- Moira bananas, Harmal Chillies, Khaje- Goa
- Tezpur Litchi: Assam
- Sweet cucumber: Nagaland
- Alibaug white onion: Maharashtra
- Wada Kolam Rice or Zhini: Palghar district, Maharashtra
- Karuppur kalamkari paintings and Kallakurichi wood carvings: Tamil Nadu
- Mithila Makhana: Bihar
Maharashtra topped the list of state with maximum of beneficiaries under Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana
- Maharashtra tops the list of states with maximum number of beneficiaries under Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY). It is followed by Tamil Nadu and Gujarat.
- The government had launched ABRY to incentivize employment generation in Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) registered establishments during COVID-19 for a period from October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2022.
- Auto settlement of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) claims was introduced by EPFO in Jan, 2020.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Delhi Police launched e-learning platform “Unnati” to Skill School Dropouts
- Rakesh Asthana, Police Commissioner of Delhi launched an e-learning platform ‘Unnati’, under the Delhi Police’s flagship scheme ‘YUVA’ at the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) Auditorium, New Delhi, Delhi.
- Unnati is an e-learning and certification initiative by theDelhi Police-South West District to help educate youths and impart skill training to school dropouts from the weaker sections of society.
- The courses offered under ‘Unnati’ include digital literacy courses comprising basic computer courses and typing training, preparatory courses for competitive exams and sports courses, among others.
Dubai became world’s 1st 100% paperless government
- Dubai became the world’s first government to turn 100% paperless, the announcement was made by the United Arab Emirate (UAE) Crown Prince, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- It will save around 3 billion Dirham (USD 350 million) and 14-million-man hours. The digitization will provide all the govt. services to customers & reduce paper consumption by more than 336 million papers.
- All the exceptional digital services can be accessed by the Citizens through “Dubai Now application’’.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Banking and Financial
RBI made 20-digit LEI mandatory for cross-border transactions
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) made Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) mandatory for cross-border transactions for capital or current account transactions of Rs 50 crore and above, from October 1 next year.
- The LEI is a 20-digit number used to uniquely identify parties to financial transactions worldwide to improve the quality and accuracy of financial data systems.
- Starting October 1, 2022, banks will have to obtain the `LEI` number from the resident entities (non-individuals) undertaking any capital or current account transactions. For LEI holders, it would be mandatory to furnish the number in all transactions irrespective of the transaction size.
- The LEI numbers are maintained in a global LEI database available on the website of the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF).
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance launched ‘#Care4Hockey’ Campaign
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, a leading private general insurer in India has launched its ‘#Care4Hockey’ Campaign to elevate field Hockey’s recognition in India.
- The company has partnered with Padma Shri (2020) Rani Rampal, Indian Women’s Hockey Team Captain, who will be the face of the campaign.
- ‘#Care4Hockey’ is a one of its kind campaign which aims to support the development of Hockey in India from the grass-root level.
About Bajaj Allianz General Insurance:
- Founded: 2001
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Tapan Singhel
DBS Bank India won 2 awards at ET BFSI Excellence Awards 2021
- DBS Bank India has won two awards – for the ‘DBS Rapid (Real-time API)’ solution in the ‘Innovative API/Open Banking model‘ category and for ‘Intelligent Banking’ in the ‘Best Digital Customer Experience initiative’ category, at the ET BFSI Excellence Awards 2021.
- The award is an initiative of The Economic Times, ET BFSI Excellence Awards, and honours the best innovations & practices implemented by the Banking Financial Services & Insurances (BFSI) industry in a dynamic and competitive environment.
About DBS Bank India:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Surojit Shome
Elon Musk named TIME Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year’ for 2021
- The prestigious TIME magazine has named Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla, as the “2021 Person of the Year.
- Musk is also the founder and CEO of rocket company SpaceX, and leads brain-chip start-up Neuralink and infrastructure firm The Boring Company.
- In 2021, US-based electric-vehicle startup Tesla became $1 trillion company as Musk became world’s richest person with an estimated net worth of around US $255 billion.
- US President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris were named as the Person of the Year for 2020 by Time magazine.
Azim Premji received 10th Dr. Ida S. Scudder Humanitarian Oration award
- Azim Premji, founder chairman of Wipro Limited and founder of Azim Premji Foundation is this year’s recipient of the 10th annual Dr Ida S. Scudder Humanitarian Oration, jointly established by Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC) and the U.S.-based Vellore CMC Foundation.
- The award is presented to Mr Premji in recognition of his contributions to society. Established in 2001, the Foundation has contributed immensely towards education, runs Azim Premji University in Bengaluru and also supports several not-for-profit organisations with financial grants.
- The previous recipients of the Dr Ida S. Scudder Humanitarian Oration include former president of India A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
IAF-DRDO flight-tested Helicopter-launched SANT Missile from Pokhran Range, Rajasthan
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully flight-tested the indigenously designed and developed Helicopter launched (air-launched) Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile from the Pokhran range in Rajasthan.
- It should be noted that it is for the first time that this was launched from a Russian origin Mi-35 helicopter gunship.
- It is equipped with state-of-the-art Millimetre Wave Seeker which provides high precision strike capability from safe distance.
- It can neutralise targets in a range up to 10 km. SANT missile has been designed and developed by Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
- “Nirbhay”: 1500Km
- Agni P Ballistic Missile: 1000 to 2000KM
- ‘Akash-NG’: 60 KM
- Agni-5: 5000 KM
- Pinaka ER: 70 Km
BPCL collaborated with BARC for Green Hydrogen production
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has collaborated with Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) to scale-up Alkaline Electrolyze technology for Green Hydrogen production.
- This is a first of its kind initiative to support India’s commitment to achieve renewable energy targets and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman & Managing Director: Arun Kumar Singh
China launches “Shijian-6 05” satellites for Space Exploration
- China successfully launched a new group of satellites Shijian-6 05 into space from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China for space exploration and new technology tests.
- The satellites were launched by a Long March-4B rocket which marked the 400th mission of Long March series carrier rockets.
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- President:Xi Jinping
14 December: National Energy Conservation Day
- Every year on December 14, the Union Ministry of Power’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) observes National Energy Conservation Day.
- This day is celebrated to raise awareness regarding the conservation of energy as it is the best way to have a greener and brighter future.
- The BEE implemented the India Energy Conservation Act in 2001. BEE is a constitutional body that advises the government of India on energy-saving policies and strategies.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs