Current Affairs 14th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Center launched Agnipath military recruitment scheme
- The Indian government has introduced the Agnipath Military recruitment scheme, a 4-year tenure scheme for the defense troops.
- The scheme will facilitate the induction of more troops for shorter-term tenures. The scheme has been planned and is being implemented by the Department of Military Affairs.
- Under the scheme, candidates will join the defense forces and continue for a period of four years only. The scheme also aims to induct younger candidates.
NeSDA Report 2021; Kerala topped among states, J&K topped among UTs
- The National e-governance service delivery assessment (NeSDA) report 2021 was published recently. The report was released on June 13, 2022.
- In this edition, Jammu and Kashmir was assessed for the first time. It has been ranked at 1st position among Union Territories, with overall compliance of around 90 percent for national e-governance service delivery assessment (NeSDA).
- Meghalaya and Nagaland were ranked at top in State Portals with overall compliance of over 90 per cent on all assessment parameters among northeast and hill states.
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Karnataka, Punjab, and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of over 85 per cent among Remaining States category. Kerala topped in this category. Among Services Portals for North-East and Hill States, Meghalaya and Tripura were ranked highest.
- NeSDA was constituted in 2019, by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) under its mandate for boosting e-government endeavours and driving digital government excellence. NeSDA 2021 Portal was officially launched in June 2021 for conducting entire assessment process online.
1st-ever India-EU Security and Defence Consultations held in Brussels
- First-ever India-European Union (EU) Security and Defence Consultations held in Brussels, on June 10, 2022. The consultations were held in accordance with the decision taken at India-EU Summit in July 2020.
- Consultations were co-chaired by Joint secretary of Ministry of Defence Somnath Ghosh and Joint Secretary (Europe West) of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Sandeep Chakravorty from India and Director Security and Defence Policy, from European Union.
- Discussions covered the evolving security situation in Europe, Indo-Pacific and India’s neighbourhood. Both the sides noted number of positive developments in security and defence cooperation area in recent years.
- The Maritime Security Dialogue met in February 2022, for the second time. First-ever joint naval exercises between India and EU were held in June 2021.
About European Union:
- Founded: 1 November 1993, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Headquarters: Brussels
- President of the Commission: Ursula von der Leyen
- President of the Parliament: Roberta Metsola
- President of the European Council: Charles Michel
Banking and Financial
TotalEnergies acquired 25% interest in Adani New Industries
- TotalEnergies will acquire 25% minority interest in Adani New Industries Ltd (ANIL) from Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL), as part of a new strategic alliance to develop green hydrogen ecosystem.
- Adani group and energy supermajor TotalEnergies of France have entered into a new partnership to “jointly create the world’s largest green hydrogen ecosystem”.
- Adani New Industries plans to invest over $50 billion over the next 10 years in green hydrogen and associated ecosystem.
CPI-based Retail inflation in India eases to 7.04% in May
- India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) based retail inflation eased marginally to 7.04% in May from the nearly eight-year high of 7.79% in April.
- Inflation faced by rural consumers fell from 8.38% in April to 7.01% in May, but for households in urban areas, the pace of price rise was virtually flat month-on-month, moving from 7.09% in April to 7.08% in May.
- Food price inflation, which had hit a 17-month high of 8.31% in April, eased a little to 7.97% in May thanks to a decline in rural food inflation from 8.5% to 7.76%. However, the Consumer Food Price Index surged further for urban India from 8.09% in April to 8.2% in May.
Recent CPI-based Retail inflation in India:
- January: 6.01%
- February: 6.07%
- March: 6.95%
- April: 7.79%
Indian Bank launched digital renewal scheme for KCC holders
- Indian Bank launched its KCC Digital Renewal scheme, enabling eligible customers to renew their Kisan Credit Card accounts via digital modes.
- The initiative is part of the bank’s digital transformation under project ‘WAVE’ – World of Advanced Virtual Experience. The account renewals can be done using Indian Bank’s IndOASIS mobile app and internet banking.
- Out of the total agriculture portfolio of ₹88,100 crores, KCC constitutes ₹22,300 crores with 15.84 lakh customers.
About Indian Bank:
- Founded: 15 August 1907
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Shri Shanti Lal Jain
- Tagline: Taking Banking Technology To The Common Man
Bharat FIH got approval by SEBI for ₹5,000 crore Initial Public Offering
- Bharat FIH has received market regulator SEBI’s approval for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) aggregating to ₹5,000 crores.
- Bharat FIH is a subsidiary of FIH Mobile a leading manufacturing services provider for the mobile handset industry, which is a part of Foxconn Technology Group. The company makes devices for Xiaomi and Nokia.
- The IPO size comprises a fresh issue worth ₹2,501.9 crore and an offer for sale up to ₹2,501.9 crore by Wonderful Stars.
About The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Founded: 12th April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Madhabi Puri Buch
XPay. Life launched UPI services targeted at rural India
- Bengaluru-based Fintech startup XPay. Life, India’s 1st blockchain-enabled transaction framework, launched its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) services targeted at rural India to make financial facilities accessible for people in rural areas.
- The launch of its UPI services is expected to benefit XPay. Life’s 4 mn consumers across more than 15 states and 1 lakh villages.
- XPay. Life along with NABARD, NPCI and the state government working towards strengthening DB and payments by enabling the last-mile link.
OmniCard became first RBI-licensed PPI to launch cash withdrawal in all ATM across India
- Payment solution provider OmniCard became the first RBI-licensed PPI to launch cash withdrawal using a RuPay-powered card from any ATMs across the country.
- The move came in after RBI permitted the non-bank licensed entities to enable cash withdrawals from the digital wallets.
- OmniCard users can withdraw cash from any ATM at their convenience with full security from frauds like card theft, card cloning, and PIN skimming. The company is working with NPCI to enable the facility.
38th India-Indonesia coordinated patrol exercise held in Andaman Sea and Malacca Strait
- The 38th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy Units of Andaman & Nicobar Command (ANC) and Indonesian Navy is being conducted from June 13 to 24 2022 in the Andaman Sea and Straits of Malacca.
- The 38th CORPAT is the first post-pandemic Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) between the two countries.
- It includes a visit by the Indonesian Navy units to ANC at Port Blair from June 13 to 15, 2022 followed by a Sea Phase in the Andaman Sea and visit by IN Units to Sabang (Indonesia) from June 23 to 24, 2022.
- The two Navies have been carrying out CORPAT along their International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) since 2002.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- Desert Warrior- India and Egypt
BWF Indonesia Masters 2022: Viktor Axelsen and Chen Yufei won men’s and women’s singles titles
- The 2022 Indonesia Masters badminton tournament (officially known as the Daihatsu Indonesia Masters) took place at the Istora Gelora Bung Karno, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Olympic champions Viktor Axelsen and Chen Yufei clinched the respective men’s and women’s singles titles at the BWF Indonesia Masters 2022.
|Men’s singles||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)|
|Women’s singles||Chen Yufei (China)|
|Men’s doubles||Fajar Alfian (Indonesia) & Muhammad Rian Ardianto (Indonesia)|
|Women’s doubles||Chen Qingchen (China) & Jia Yifan (China)|
|Mixed doubles||Zheng Siwei (China) & Huang Yaqiong (China)|
About Badminton World Federation (BWF):
- Founded: 5 July 1934
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen
Haryana topped medal tally in Khelo India Youth Games 2021
- Haryana won the 4th Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) 2021 This was Haryana’s second KIYG title. Haryana won the inaugural title in 2018 but finished second to Maharashtra in the next two seasons.
- Haryana grabbed the top position in the medal tally with 137 medals (52 gold, 39 silver and 46 bronze).
- Maharashtra got second position by winning 125 medals including 45 gold, 40 silver and 40 bronze medals. Karnataka remained at third place with 22 gold,17 silver and 28 bronze medals.
- Karnataka swimmer Aneesh Gowdawon the highest number of medals (6 Gold).
Angelo Mathews, Tuba Hassan declared ICC Players of the Month for May 2022
- International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced that Sri Lanka’s batting star Angelo Mathews and Pakistan’s debutante spin sensation Tuba Hassan have been voted the ICC Men’s and Women’s Players of the Month for May 2022.
- Mathews becomes the first Sri Lankan player to be named the Player of the Month since its inception in January 2021. Tuba is the first female player from Pakistan to win in the award.
ICC men’s & women’s player of the month 2022
- January: Keegan Petersen (SA), Heather Knight (ENG)
- February: Shreyas Iyer (IND), Amelia Kerr (NZ)
- March: Babar Azam (PAK), Rachael Haynes (AUS)
- April: Keshav Maharaj (SA), Alyssa Healy (AUS)
14 June: World Blood Donor Day
- World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on 14 June to raise awareness as well as thank the various blood donors around the world who do their bit to save a life.
- This day was first organized by the World Health Organization on June 14, 2005.
- The host nation for World Blood Donor Day 2022 is Mexico.
- Theme 2022: “Donating blood is an act of solidarity. Join the effort and save lives”.
Long-distance running great Hari Chand passed away
- Long-distance running legend Hari Chand, a two-time Olympian, and a double Asian Games gold medallist, passed away in Jalandhar.
- Chand won the 5000 and 10,000m gold at the 1978 Bangkok Asiad and also the 10,000m title at the 1975 Asian Championships in Seoul.
- Chand, who hailed from Ghorewaha village in Punjab’s Hoshiarpur District, made waves with his barefoot running and broke the 10,000m National record at the 1976 Montreal Olympics which stood for 32 years before falling to Surendra Singh.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs