Current Affairs 15th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s first Forest University to be established in Telangana
- Telangana has decided to expand Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) in Hyderabad into a full-fledged university.
- The Telangana legislative assembly has approved the University of Forestry (UOF) Act 2022.
- The ‘University of Forestry (UOF) will be the first of its kind in the country.
- With only Russia and China having forest universities in the world, globally, this will be the third university of forestry.
- The university will also work to develop Agro-Forestry models suitable for different Agroecological situations, apart from conventional forestry operations so as to reduce pressure on natural forests, economic upliftment of farming communities, and enhance ecological conditions.
- Capital – Hyderabad
- Chief Minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
Airtel and IBM tied up for edge computing platform for large firms
- IBM and Bharti Airtel have tied up to deploy Airtel’s edge computing platform.
- It will enable large enterprises across multiple industries including manufacturing and automotive to accelerate innovative solutions.
- Maruti Suzuki, India’s largest passenger car maker, intends to use the edge platform to increase accuracy and efficiency for quality inspections on the factory floor.
- Airtel’s edge computing platform in India includes 120 network data centers across 20 cities, under its data center arm Nxtra Digital.
- The business value delivered by edge computing can be significantly enhanced when combined with 5G. In India, where 5G is expected to be rolled out later this year, it has the potential to create a cumulative economic impact of $1 trillion by 2035.
About Bharti Airtel
- Founded – 1995
- Founder – Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – Sunil Bharti Mittal
- MD & CEO – Gopal Vittal
Andhra Pradesh topped list of states in attracting industrial investment
- Andhra Pradesh has topped the list of states in attracting industrial investments in the first seven months of 2022, garnering Rs 40,361 crore, according to a report by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Andhra Pradesh & Odisha combined have bagged 45% of the total investment.
- Overall, India got industrial investment worth Rs 1,71,285 crore by the end of July 2022.
- Odisha attracted industrial investments worth Rs 36,828 crore during the period, while with Rs 20,949-crore of actual investment, Maharashtra stood at third position. Gujarat with Rs 17,620 crore investment was ranked fourth on the list.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Capital – Amaravati
- Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
NITI Aayog hosts first Shoonya Forum
- NITI Aayog hosted the first Shoonya Forum to commemorate the first anniversary of India’s zero pollution e-mobility campaign in Delhi.
- On the occasion, more than 25 NITI Aayog hosted the first Shoonya Forum to commemorate the first anniversary of India’s zero pollution e-mobility campaign in Delhi.
- A three-report series highlighting the economic opportunities that an indigenous battery industry presents for India was released during the event.
- G20 Sherpa and former Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant delivered the keynote address.
- The campaign aims to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles in the urban deliveries segment and create consumer awareness about the benefits of zero-pollution delivery.
NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India)
- Founded – 1st January 2015
- Preceding – Planning Commission (15th March 1950)
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairperson – Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson – Suman K Bery
- CEO – Parameswaran Iyer
- NITI Aayog comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Tata Power Solar Systems received LoA of Rs 596 crore for NHDC project
- Tata Power Solar Systems (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power Renewable Energy) has received a letter of award (LoA) of Rs 596 crore from NHDC Limited for setting up a 125MW floating solar project.
- The project will be commissioned within 13 months from the date of the letter of award and will provide sustainable power to M.P. Power Management Company Limited.
- NHDC (a joint venture of NHPC Ltd) and Madhya Pradesh government, had invited bids earlier this year for this project at the Omkareshwar reservoir in the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh.
- It is one of India’s largest floating solar power projects.
- Ashish Khanna, CEO, Tata Power Renewable.
Jharkhand becomes the third state to have Food Security Atlas
- Jharkhand has become the third state after Bihar and Odisha in eastern India to have Food Security Atlas for its rural areas.
- Odisha and Bihar had their Atlas launched in 2018.
- This Atlas is an effort toward mapping the food security situation in the state.
- It has been prepared by the Delhi-based Institute for Human Development (IHD) as part of the research initiative of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai.`
- This document will play an important role in informing policy. Given the poor monsoon this year due to which there is a drought-like situation in many districts of the state. Hence, the availability of food is an issue due to low extent of irrigation and ensuring food security is even bigger issue wherein 75 percent of the people need attention whose hunger needs to be eradicated.
- Capital – Ranchi
- Chief Minister – Hemant Soren
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Government’s share in total health expenditure increases
- The government’s share in total Health Expenditure has increased from 28.6% in 2013-14 to 40.6% in 2018-19.
- As per National Health Accounts estimates for India for 2018-19 released by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, the per capita govt spending on healthcare has increased by 74% since 2013-14.
- The NHA estimates show that the per capita government spending in 2013-14 was 1042 rupees, which has increased to 1815 rupees in 2018 -19.
- Government spending on primary healthcare has increased since 2013-14. The government health expenditure during that period on primary healthcare was around 51 percent, which has increased to over 55 percent in 2018-19.
- As per the report, India’s total health expenditure for 2018-19 was at Rs 5.9 lakh crore.
India launched a joint whitepaper on Urban Wastewater Scenario in India with Denmark
- India has launched a joint whitepaper on ‘Urban Wastewater Scenario in India’ with Denmark at World Water Congress and Exhibition 2022 in Copenhagen.
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat attended the event along with Danish Environment Minister Lea Wermelin and Development Co-operation Minister Flemming Møller Mortensen.
- India has committed investments of more than 140 Billion dollars by 2024 in the water sector.
- The whitepaper aims at capturing the current status of wastewater treatment in India and potential pathways for future treatment structures, co-creation, and collaborations.
- Capital- Copenhagen
- Currency- Danish krone
- Prime Minister – Mette Frederiksen
During G20 Presidency: India invited Bangladesh as guest country
- India will invite Bangladesh as a Guest Country to take part in the G 20 meeting during its Presidency.
- As part of the G 20 tradition of inviting some Guest Countries and International Organisations (IO) to its meetings and summit, India has decided to invite Bangladesh, Egypt, Mauritius, Netherlands, Nigeria, Oman, Singapore, Spain, and UAE as Guest Countries.
- Also, apart from the regular International Organizations like UN, IMF, World Bank, WHO, WTO, ILO, FSB and OECD and Chairs of Regional Organizations AU, AUDA-NEPAD and ASEAN, International Solar Alliance (ISA), CDRI (Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure) and ADB (Asian Development Bank) will be included as Guest IOs.
- Under its Presidency, India is expected to host over 200 G20 meetings across the country, beginning in December 2022.
- India will assume the Presidency of G-20 for one year from Dec 2022 to Nov 2023.
- The G20, or Group of Twenty, is an intergovernmental forum of the world’s major developed and developing economies. It comprises 19 countries including Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, UK, USA and the European Union (EU).
- Collectively, the G20 accounts for 85 percent of global GDP, 75 percent of international trade and two-thirds of the world population, making it the premier forum for international economic cooperation.
LIST OF G20 SUMMIT
- 1st G20 Summit 2008 – USA
- 15th G20 summit 2020 – Saudi Arabia
- 16th G20 summit 2021 – Italy
- 17th G20 summit 2022 – Indonesia
- 18th G20 summit 2023 – India
- 19th G20 summit 2024 – Brazil
- 20th G20 Summit 2025 – South Africa
Banking and Financial
Government constituted an expert committee
- The government has constituted an expert committee to examine and suggest appropriate measures to address regulatory and other issues to enable scaling up investments by venture capital and private equity investment.
- The 6-member panel will be headed by former SEBI chairman M Damodaran.
- The committee will suggest measures to further accelerate investment into start-ups and sunrise sectors.
- In her Budget speech 2022-23, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman proposed to set up an expert committee to examine and suggest appropriate measures to scale venture capital and private equity investments in India.
- SEBI reconstituted 21 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC): M S Sahoo
- SEBI restructured Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC): Gurumoorthy Mahalingam
- SC appointed panel for recovery of money from NSEL defaulters: Pradeep Nandrajog
- Government sets up committee to develop framework on right to repair; chaired by Nidhi Khatri
- Centre formed a committee to strengthen MSP system; chaired by Sanjay Agarwal
Wholesale price-based inflation eased to 12.41% in August 2022
- Wholesale price-based inflation (WPI) has eased to 12.41 percent in August 2022 as compared to 93 percent in July 2022.
- According to the Commerce and Industry Ministry data released WPI inflation fell on easing prices of manufactured products.
- Wholesale inflation was at a record high of 15.88 percent in May 2022 and stood at 11.64 percent in August 2021.
- The WPI inflation continued its declining trend for the third month in August this year but remained in double-digits for the 17th consecutive month beginning April last year.
Recent WPI-based Wholesale inflation in India
- May- 88%
- June – 15.50%
- July – 13.93%
Recent CPI-based Retail inflation in India
- May- 04%
- June – 7.01%
- July – 6.71%
Appointment and Resignation
Prakash Chand appointed as India’s ambassador to Eritrea
- Senior diplomat Prakash Chand has been appointed the next ambassador of India to Eritrea.
- Previously, Chand was the Consul General of India in Indonesia’s Bali since 2019.
- He also served as First Secretary (Consular) in the Philippines from 2010 to 2014. Just before that he worked as Deputy Chief of Protocol (Conferences/Facilities) from 2008 to 2010 in New Delhi.
- Eritrea is a country in the Horn of Africa region of Eastern Africa, with its capital and the largest city at Asmara.
- Capital- Asmara
- Currency- Eritrean Nakfa
- President- Isaias Afwerki
- Continent- Africa
- India’s High Commissioner to Bangladesh – Pranay Verma
- India’s High Commissioner to UK – Vikram Doraiswami
- India’s ambassador to Thailand – Nagesh Singh
- High commissioner of India to Canada – Sanjay Verma
- India’s ambassador to the Republic of Korea – Amit Kumar
- High commissioner of India to Canada – Sanjay Verma
- India’s next ambassador to Japan – Sibi George
INS Satpura reached Darwin to participate in naval exercise ‘Kakadu’
- INS Satpura and P81 Maritime Patrol Aircraft reached Darwin in Australia to participate in the Multinational Naval Exercise ‘Kakadu’.
- This exercise is being hosted by the Royal Australian Navy.
- The 2-week-long Exercise, both in harbour & sea, involves ships & maritime aircraft from 14 Navies.
- Exercise Pitch Black 22 was hosted by the Royal Australian Air Force at its Darwin Air Base. Spanning over a duration of three weeks, the exercise saw the participation of 17 Air Forces and over 2500 military personnel. The IAF contingent included four Su-30 MKI & two C-17 aircraft.
- The 6th edition of Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022 (JIMEX 22) hosted by the Indian Navy began in the Bay of Bengal.
- Indian Army’s Kharga Corps & Indian Air Force have conducted a joint exercise ‘Gagan Strike’ in Punjab to showcase the might & prowess of the armed forces.
- Indian army and Chinese Army will attend the Vostok 2022 military exercises that will be held in Russia from August 30 to September 5.
- The biennial Pacific Dragon ballistic missile defense exercise between the military of South Korea, the United States and Japan is being held from August 01 to August 14, 2022 off the coast of Hawaii.
- 4th Edition of India-Oman Joint Military Exercise ‘AL NAJAH-IV’ is scheduled to be held in Rajasthan at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Ranges.
Robin Uthappa announced retirement from all forms of Indian cricket
- Indian batter Robin Uthappa from Karnataka has announced his retirement from all forms of Indian cricket.
- The veteran batter last played for India in 2015 and played for CSK in the 2022 season.
- Robin has played all 15 seasons of IPL. He has played for six teams – Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indian, Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Pune Warriors India, and Rajasthan Royals.
- During his IPL journey, Uthappa played 205 matches and scored 4952 runs with an average of 27.51.
- He has played 46 ODIs and has scored 934 runs including six half-centuries with an average of 25.94
Recently retired cricketers
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
- Tamim Iqbal – T20 International – Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons – International Cricket – West Indies
- Eoin Morgan – International Cricket – England
- Mohammad Hafeez – International Cricket – Pakistan
- Ross Taylor – International Cricket – New Zealand
- Tim Bresnam – All Form of Cricket – England
- Danushka Gunathilaka – Test Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Chris Morris – All Form of Cricket – South Africa
- Suranga Lakmal – International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Kieron Pollard – International Cricket – West Indies
- Hamish Bennett – All Form of Cricket – New Zealand
- Rahul Sharma – – International Cricket – India
- Mushfiqur Rahim – T20Is international – Bangladesh
- Aaron Finch – ODI cricket – Australia
15 September – International Day of Democracy
- International Day of Democracy is celebrated every year on 15 September across the world.
- Objective – To strengthen democracies and highlight its values and principles
- The day focuses on the importance of the participation of all members of society for the proper functioning of a democracy.
- This day was established through a resolution passed by the UN General Assembly in 2007 & was first observed in 2008.
- Theme 2022 – Importance of media freedom to democracy, peace, and delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals
15 September – Engineers’ Day
- Engineers’ Day is observed in India on September 15 in honour of this true essence of engineering and the birth anniversary of India’s pioneer engineer-administrator Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
- In 1955, he was awarded the highest civilian award of India, the Bharat Ratna.
- Visvesvaraya was the chief engineer in charge of the construction of the Krishna Raja Sagara dam in Mysore, as well as the chief designer of Hyderabad’s flood protection framework.
- In February 1884, he began his groundbreaking work as an Assistant Engineer in the Public Works Department of the Bombay Government.
- The 15th of September 2022 marks the 55th National Engineers Day and the 162nd birth anniversary of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. Because of his contributions to society, he was popularly referred to as the “Father of Modern Mysore.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here