Current Affairs 16th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Arunachal Pradesh Govt adopted ‘Pakke Declaration’ on climate change
- The government of Arunachal Pradesh approved the ‘Pakke Tiger Reserve 2047 Declaration on Climate Change Resilient and Responsive Arunachal Pradesh’, which aims to promote “climate-resilient development” in the state.
- The announcement is the first of its kind by any state government in the country. For the first time, the State’s Cabinet meeting was conducted outside the capital Itanagar, at Pakke Tiger Reserve, where the ‘Pakke Declaration’ was adopted.
- The ‘Pakke Declaration’ focuses on a multi-sectoral approach to low-emission and climate-resilient development based on five broad themes, or Panch Dharas.
About Arunachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Itanagar
- Chief minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: D. Mishra
India’s 1st grass conservatory inaugurated in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand
- India’s first ‘grass conservatory’ or ‘germplasm conservation centre’ spread over an area of 2 acres was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Almora district of Uttarakhand.
- This conservatory is funded under the Central Government’s CAMPA (Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority) scheme and is developed by the research wing of Uttarakhand Forest Department.
- Aim: To create awareness about the importance of grass species, promote their conservation, and facilitate research in the field.
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
MP’s Habibganj railway station renamed as Rani Kamlapati railway station
- PM inaugurated revamped Rani Kamlapati railway station, earlier known as Habibganj, in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The “most modern” Habibganj railway station has been renamed after Gond queen Rani Kamlapati.
- It is said that Rani Kamlapati was the widow of the Gond ruler of Nizam Shah, the chief of Ginnorgarh. The redeveloped station in Bhopal has been built on a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Places
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
- Airport in Ayodhya: Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- Gorewada International Zoo: Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park
- Mohali International Hockey Stadium: Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
- Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF): Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF).
- Faizabad Railway Junction: Ayodhya Cantt
Central govt brought ordinance to extend tenure of ED, CBI directors up to 5 years
- The central government of India promulgated two ordinances for extending the tenure of Directors of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for up to five years.
- At present, the director of CBI and ED has been appointed for two-year tenure in office by the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) Act, 2003.
- As per the new ordinance, the Directors of CBI or ED can now be appointed first for a period of two years, and later if needed, the tenure can be extended for three more years. But it will require three separate annual extensions. However, after five years no extension can be granted to an ED or CBI chief.
ADB & WB launched ‘WePOWER India Partnership Forum’ to boost women participation in energy sector
- The WePOWER India Partnership Forum was held through a virtual platform on November 9, 2021, to boost the South Asia Women in Power Sector Professional Network (WePOWER) in India.
- The event was organized by the World Bank (WB) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) in association with the India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF). The event saw a panel discussion on expanding job opportunities for women in India’s Clean Energy Transition’.
- About WePOWER: Initiated in 2019, WB in collaboration with ADB launched the WePOWER to promote gender equality in the Indian electricity sector. It is a network of 28 energy sector utilities and organizations. It also promotes normative change for women and girls in Science Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education.
About World Bank:
- Founded: July 1944, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States
- Headquarters: Washington DC, USA
- President: David Robert Malpass
Banking and Financial
Axis Bank signed an MoU with Army Insurance Group for retail mortgage loans
- Axis Bank signed an MoU with the Army Insurance Group (AGI) to offer retail mortgage loans to the Indian Army personnel.
- Through this agreement, the bank will offer higher loan amounts and also provide facilities to transfer the balance of customers’ loans from AGI to Axis Bank.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
Appointment and Resignation
Sheel Vardhan Singh took charge as DG of CISF
- IPS officer Sheel Vardhan Singh took charge as the new director-general of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), a central paramilitary force that guards major civil airports and vital installations of the country.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved the order for appointing Singh as the new CISF DG.
- NSG DG M A Ganapathy has been holding the additional charge of the force. The CISF has been under additional charge since May this year after then DG Subodh Jaiswal was moved as the CBI Director.
List of Chiefs and DGS appointed recently:
- Navel Chief- R Hari Kumar
- Air Chief – Vivek Ram Chaudhari
- BSF- Pankaj Kumar Singh
- CBI– Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- CISF- Sheel Vardhan Singh
- NCC– Gurbirpal Singh
- NSG– M. A. Ganapathy
Rahul Dravid appointed brand ambassador of kids’ footwear brand Plaeto
- Children’s footwear brand Plaeto has announced the appointment of celebrated Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid as its brand ambassador and mentor.
- Plaeto is India’s first D2C foot-health focused footwear brand designed specifically for Indian children. Plaeto was founded in March 2020 by Ravi Kallayil, Sara Kilgore, and Pavan Kareti.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Realme: KL Rahul
- Adidas’ Global Brand Ambassador: Deepika Padukone
- FloBiz Neobank’s myBillBook: Manoj Bajpayee
- Bandhan Bank in Assam: Zubeen Garg
- Amway India: Amitabh Bachchan
- My11Circle: Mohammed Siraj
- Goodwill Ambassador of UN- World Food Programme: Daniel Brühl
- ICICI Prudential’s new digital campaign ‘Agar taiyaari sahi ho, toh jeet pakki hai’: Lovlina Borgohain
Vihaan and Nav Agarwal won 2021 International Children’s Peace Prize
- Two Delhi-based Indian teenage brothersVihaan and Nav Agarwal have won the 17th annual KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2021 for tackling pollution from household waste to achieve the goal of ‘Zero Waste India’. The prize includes a grant for their education and 100,000 euros for their project.
- They developed the “One Step Greener” initiative for segregating recyclables and organizing pickups for trash from thousands of homes. The duo received the award by Indian Nobel Peace Prize laureate Kailash Satyarthi in The Hague, Netherlands.
M Mukundan won JCB Prize for Literature 2021 for his novel ‘Delhi: A Soliloquy’
- Author M Mukundan’s novel ‘Delhi: A Soliloquy’, translated from Malayalam into English by Fathima E V and Nandakumar K, has won the Rs 25-lakh JCB Prize for Literature 2021 published by The Book focuses on India’s capital Delhi, as it changes into the present-day megalopolis.
- Besides the cash award, Mukundan also won a trophy created by Delhi artist duo Thukral & Tagra, titled ‘Mirror Melting’. He also dedicated the award to “the poor people on the streets of Delhi.
- This is the third translation that has won the JCB Prize after S Hareesh’s ‘Moustache (2020) and Benyamin’s ‘Jasmine Days’ (2018).
About JCB Prize:
- Launched: 2018
- Chairperson: Tarun Das
- Cash prize: Rs 25 lakh (author), Rs 10 lakh (translators)
Mahela Jayawardena, Shaun Pollock, Janette Brittin inducted into ICC Hall Of Fame
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced cricket legends Mahela Jayawardena (Sri Lanka), Shaun Pollock (SA), and Janette Brittin (England) were inducted into the hall of fame.
- The ICC Hall of Fame recognizes the achievements of the legends of the game from cricket’s long and illustrious history. 106 players have been inducted since its launch in 2009.
- Founded: 1909
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- CEO: Manu Shawney
Book and Author
A book titled “The Disruptor: How Vishwanath Pratap Singh Shook India” authored by Debashish Mukerji
- A book titled ‘The Disruptor: How Vishwanath Pratap Singh Shook India’ was authored by Debashish Mukerji.
- The book presents a detailed account on India’s eighth Prime Minister (PM), Vishwanath Pratap Singh (V P Singh), who served as PM between December 1989 to November 1990. He also served as the Defence Minister of India & the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
16 November: International Day for Tolerance
- November 16 commemorates the International Day of Tolerance, every year. This is a UN declared day that aims at creating public awareness on the dangers of intolerance.
- In 1995, the UN had declared a Year for Tolerance. The Declaration of Principles on Tolerance was formulated the same year by UNESCO on November 16. The UN decided to pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi’s 125th birth anniversary that year by kickstarting the commemoration of International Tolerance Day in 1995.
- The theme for International Day of Tolerance is based upon the basic premise that ‘Tolerance is respect, acceptance, and appreciation of the rich diversity of our world’s cultures, our forms of expression and ways of being human’.
16 November: National Press Day
- National Press Day is observed on 16th November every year to acknowledge and honor the Press Council of India, a statutory and quasi-judicial establishment.
- On 4 July 1966, the Press Council was established in India. It came into effect from 16 November 1966. Therefore, 16 November is celebrated as National Press Day every year.
Padma Vibhushan awardee historian Babasaheb Purandare passed away
- Renowned historian and Padma Vibhushan awardee Balwant Moreshwar Purandare passed away recently. He is also popularly known as Babasaheb Purandare.
- Purandare was awarded with Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian award in 2019. He was conferred with the Maharashtra Bhushan award in 2015.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs