Current Affairs 15th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh launched Swachhata Portal
- Minister of State for Personnel, Pension and Public Grievances Jitendra Singh has launched Swachhata Portal for the Special Campaign 2.0.
- The campaign will begin on 2nd October 2022.
- The portal — pgportal.govlin/scdpm22 — has been developed by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in the Union Ministry of Personnel.
- On the occasion, the minister also released the Special Campaign July Progress Report, and the CPGRAMS Monthly Progress Report for August, 2022.
- The scope and mandate of the special campaign 2.0 from October 2 to October 31 has been expanded and all regional offices have been included in it.
Air India to be rebranded as Vihaan.AI
- Tata-owned Air India has announced that the company will be rebranded as ‘Vihaan.AI’ and also unveiled its comprehensive transformation plan with a detailed road map for the next five years.
- Over the next 5 years, Air India will also strive to increase its market share to at least 30% in the domestic market while significantly growing the international routes.
- This is the beginning of a historic transformation for Air India and the dawn of a new era.
- The Tata Group is also planning to raise $4 billion to infuse fresh capital into Air India and refinance costly debt.
Election Commission of India launched BLO e-Patrika
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has released a new digital publication ‘BLO e-Patrika’ at an event in New Delhi.
- Objective – To establish direct communication with Booth Level Officer (BLO)
- This event was a first-of-its-kind direct interaction by the Commission with the BLOs across the country.
About Election Commissioner of India (ECI)
- Founded – 25 January 1950
- 25 January – Voter’s Day
- HQ – New Delhi
- 1st Chief – Sukumar Sen
- 1st Women Chief – V.S. Ramadevi
- 25th Chief – Rajiv Kumar
- Commissioner – Anup Chandra Pandey
- Tenure – 6/65yrs
- Article – 324
India and Madagascar signed an MoU on training of diplomats
- India and Madagascar have signed an MoU for the training of diplomats.
- During a special ceremony organized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Madagascar Foreign Affairs Minister Richard Randriamandrato and Ambassador Abhay Kumar signed the MoU on Monday between the Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service and the Foreign Affairs Ministery of Madagascar.
- SSIFS is a training institute where Indian Foreign Service officers are trained.
- The institute was renamed as Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service on 14 February 2020.
- The cooperation between India and Madagascar through this MOU is a step towards realizing our common vision of SAGAR Security and Growth for All in the Region.
- Capital – Antananarivo
- Currency – Malagasy ariary
- President – Andry Rajoelina
- Location – East Africa
- India signed an MoU with Iran for smooth movement of seafarers
- India & UAE signed an MoU to establish Cultural Council Forum
- India signed an MoU with Maldives for cooperation in disaster management
- India signed an MoU with UAE for cooperation in education sector
Darjeeling zoo recognized the best zoo in India
- The Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park of Darjeeling has been recognized as the best zoo in the country.
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park in Chennai came second, followed by the Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens in Mysore, Karnataka.
- The Red Panda is one of the top attractions of PNHZP, besides others such as the Himalayan Black Bear, Snow Leopard, Goral, and Himalayan Thar.
- The ranking list was released by the Central Zoo Authority (CZA).
- The Darjeeling zoo was established on August 14, 1958.
Sports Ministry signed an MoU with NTPC & REC for development of sports
- Sports Ministry has signed an MoU with NTPC & Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) for the development of sports in India.
- Under the MoU, both PSUs have pledged Rs 215 crore to the National Sports Development Fund (NSDF).
- While NTPC will provide Rs 115 crore for the development of Archery, REC will give Rs 100 crore towards women’s hockey & boxing.
- NTPC has been supporting the archers since 2018 in partnership with Sports Ministry, Sports Authority of India (SAI), and Archery Association of India (AAI) with an aim to provide world-class facilities with international exposure to talented players.
- IIT Madras partnered with IBM to advance Quantum computing in India
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Larsen & Toubro consortium have bagged a Rs 860 crore deal from New Space India Limited to build five rockets
- BEL signed an MoU with Smiths Detection to manufacture scanning systems
- Suzuki signed an MoU with NDDB for biogas demonstration project
- AICTE signed an agreement with Adobe to enhance digital literacy in India
Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya launched Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav
- Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya will launch a countrywide mega drive ‘Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav’ for voluntary blood donation from 17th September to 1st October 2022.
- The special drive is a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The registrations for the Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav have been started on the E-Raktkosh portal and Aarogya Setu app.
- Nation will observe 1st October as the National Voluntary Blood Donation Day.
Banking and Financial
Fitch slashed India’s FY23 growth forecast to 7%
- Global rating agency Fitch Ratings has slashed India’s economic growth forecast for FY23 to 7% from 7.8% projected in June 2022.
- Fitch Rating also lowered India’s GDP growth rate for FY24 to 6.7% from 7.4% it forecast earlier.
- The agency also expects world GDP to grow 2.4% in 2022, and to expand just 1.7% in 2023.
- As per official GDP estimates, the Indian economy expanded 13.5 percent in the June quarter, higher than the 4.10 percent growth clocked in January-March.
- The RBI expects the economy to grow 7.2 percent in the current fiscal year.
- The rating agency said inflation moderated in August as crude oil prices eased but the risk of food inflation persists given negative seasonality towards the end of this year.
Updated GDP List
- World Bank – 7.5% (FY23), 7.1% (FY24)
- MOODY’S. – 8.8% (FY23)
- S&P – 7.3% (FY23)
- IMF – 7.4% (FY23)
- ADB – 7.2% (FY23), 7.8%(FY24)
- RBI – 7.2% (FY23)
- FITCH RATING – 7% (FY23), 6.7% (FY24)
- FICCI – 7% (FY23)
- OECD – 6.9% (FY23), 6.2% (FY24)
- CRISIL – 7.3% (FY23)
- NSO – 8.7%. Q4 – 4.1% (FY23)
- SBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7.2% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
Appointment and Resignation
Joao Lourenco re-elected as President of Angola
- Joao Lourenco was sworn in for a second term as president of Angola.
- Lourenco, 68, was sworn in alongside Esperanca da Costa, Angola’s first female vice president in the capital, Luanda.
- The ruling MPLA party garnered 51% of the votes and 124 seats in the 220-member parliament in the Aug 24 election.
- Angola is a country located on the west coast of Southern Africa.
- Capital- Luanda
- Currency- Angolan kwanza
- President- João Lourenço
- Continent- Africa
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- PM of United Kingdom – Liz Truss
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minsiter of Israel – Yair Lapid
Rachael Haynes announced his retirement from international cricket
- Australian woman cricketer Rachael Haynes has announced her retirement from international cricket.
- The 35-year-old southpaw, who made her international debut back in 2009, represented her country in six Tests, 77 ODIs, and 84 T20Is.
- She is also retiring from state cricket.
- Haynes is the ninth highest run-getter for Australia in both the limited overs formats, having scored 2585 runs in ODIs at an average of 39.76 and 850 runs in T20Is, averaging 26.56.
- She has served as Australia’s vice-captain since 2018.
- She would, however, play one more season for Sydney Thunder in the Women’s Big Bash League.
- She has scored 3,818 runs in more than 150 internationals over all three formats since her debut in 2009 and won six global titles with Australia
Recently retired cricketers
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
- Tamim Iqbal – T20 International – Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons – International Cricket – West Indies
- Eoin Morgan – International Cricket – England
- Mohammad Hafeez – International Cricket – Pakistan
- Ross Taylor – International Cricket – New Zealand
- Tim Bresnam – All Form of Cricket – England
- Danushka Gunathilaka – Test Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Chris Morris – All Form of Cricket – South Africa
- Suranga Lakmal – International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Kieron Pollard – International Cricket – West Indies
- Hamish Bennett – All Form of Cricket – New Zealand
- Rahul Sharma – – International Cricket – India
- Mushfiqur Rahim – T20Is international – Bangladesh
- Aaron Finch – ODI cricket – Australia
- Robin Uthappa – all forms of cricket – India
Cabinet approved signing of guarantees for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of guarantees for hosting the Under-17 FIFA Women’s World Cup in India.
- India is hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in Navi Mumbai, Goa, and Bhubaneswar from October 11 to October 17, 2022
- Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said Rs 60 crore will be spent for hosting the tournament that will see participation of 16 teams, including India.
- An assistance of Rs 10 crore to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) for the field of play maintenance, stadium power, energy and cabling, stadia, and training site branding will be met from the budgetary allocation for the Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs).
- The previous edition of the event was held in Uruguay in 2018 where Spain had emerged as the champion.
- In 2017, India successfully hosted the FIFA Under-17 Men’s World Cup India-2017 at six different venues.
About International Federation of Association Football (FIFA)
- Founded – 21 May 1904
- Founded – Paris, France
- Headquarters – Zürich, Switzerland
- Membership – 211
- Languages – English, French, German, Spanish & Italian
- First President – Robert Guérin
- Current President – Gianni Infantino (Switzerland)
- Secretary General – Fatma Samoura (Senegal)
FIFA Upcoming Event
- FIFA World Cup 2022 – Qatar (32 Teams)
- FIFA World Cup 2026 – Canada, Mexico, USA (48 teams)
- FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2022 – Costa Rica
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 – India
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2023 – Australia and New Zealand
India won SAFF U-17 Football Championship Title in Colombo
- In football, India has clinched the SAFF under-17 Championship title, defeating Nepal 4-0 in the final in Colombo.
- Boby Singh, Korou Singh, Captain Vanlalpeka Guite, and Aman scored a goal each, to shape a resounding victory in India’s favour.
- India captain Vanlalpeka Guite was named the Most Valuable Player of the Tournament, while goalkeeper Sahil won the Best Goalkeeper award.
- India also won the previous season title by beating Nepal 7-0 on 31 August 2019.
Roger Federer announced his retirement from tennis
- Swiss tennis player Roger Federer, a 20 Grand Slam single titles winner and one of the greatest tennis players, has announced his retirement from professional tennis.
- The Laver Cup in Sept 2022 will be his final ATP tournament.
- Federer is the most successful player at Wimbledon, having won eight titles (2003-07, 2009, 2012, and 2017).
- He last clinched a Grand Slam title in 2018 (Australian Open).
- Roger Federer won his first grand slam championship at Wimbledon in 2003 when he was just 21 years old, and within 14 months he had established his domination. At his best between 2004 and 2007, he had a 247-15 (94%) record, meticulously redefining what excellence in the men’s game meant.
16 September – World Ozone Day
- World Ozone Day is observed every year on September 16
- Objective – To create awareness about the importance and need of the Ozone layer which is the single protection on Earth against UV rays coming out from the sun
- The ozone layer serves as a kind of shield for the earth & is crucial for preserving its ecology.
- Theme 2022 – Global Cooperation Protecting Life on Earth
- In 1987, representatives from 24 countries met in Canada’s Montreal to discuss the alarming situation of depleting the Ozone layer. The countries agreed on the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer, calling for the world to get rid of the substances that cause Ozone depletion. In December 1994, the United Nations General Assembly designated September 16 International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer, commemorating the date of the signing of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer, in 1987.
Former Davis Cup captain Naresh Kumar passed away
- Former Indian tennis player and Davis Cup captain Naresh Kumar passed away recently at the age of 93
- He made his debut for India in the Davis Cup in 1952 & played a record number of 101 Wimbledon matches.
- He won five singles titles in his career.
- He became the first tennis coach to receive Dronacharya Lifetime Achievement Award in 2020.
Former cricket umpire Asad Rauf passed away
- Former Pakistan umpire Asad Rauf has died after suffering a cardiac arrest in Lahore. He was 66.
- Rauf started his umpiring journey in 1998 and made his international debut in an ODI between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in 2000. Four years later, in 2004, Rauf was included in the International Panel of Umpires for the first time.
- He served at the top for seven years before being dropped from the elite panel of umpires in 2013 following an annual review of performance.
- Apart from being an efficient umpire, Rauf was also a renowned first-class cricketer in Pakistan. In 71 first-class and 40 List A matches, Rauf scored 3423 and 611 runs respectively with the help of three centuries and 26 half-centuries.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here