The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Advantages of TN breakfast scheme:
- Tamilnadu has come up with a great initiative to provide breakfast at the government schools.
- It becomes an example for other states to follow this scheme.
- A student’s health and his ability to read and learn are co-related.
- Under the CM breakfast scheme, it is ensured to provide breakfast to every student from class 1st to 5th at the school and before attending the class.
- The CM of Tamilnadu said that it is not a freebie, it is the state’s duty to ensure that no children stay hungry in their particular state.
- We all are well known about the importance of early meals for a student and child whose development is being in action.
- Respective of mid day meal, a healthy breakfast is also necessary for a child to eradicate malnutrition and stunt growth.
- Under this scheme it makes sure that the government provided breakfast for the students is nutrition rich, healthy and has proper taste.
- Having a healthy breakfast in the morning can reduce the chances of stunt growth and improves the ability of a child to learn, read,focus and retain information positively.
- According to many researchers across the world, a regular and healthy breakfast can reduce the chances of anemia and issues related to height and weight of a child.
- Under this scheme it is decided to provide around an average of 293 calories and 9.85 gm protein per day.
- The Tamilnadu government makes sure that the food which will be provided to students should be prepared by proper sanitation.
- There are some issues which could become hurdles in the way of proper implementation of this scheme and the government should be ready to face these issues with proper solutions and planning.
- These issues include pilferage, bad quality of food,cast related disruptions, delay in the fund of sanitation and others.
- Although it is a very impressive scheme, other states should take it as an example and follow it by launching more such schemes for the welfare of children across the country.
- What are the benefits of a breakfast scheme for the students?
- Give a brief description about the TN breakfast scheme.
- What are your views on launching a centre funded breakfast scheme for school going children?
Adequate: satisfactory quantity or quality
Pilferage: the action of stealing things which have a very low value
Hurdles: obstacles, difficulty
Promontory: a high point of a thing
Cognition: a perception and idea