Current Affairs 17th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi inaugurated Purvanchal Expressway in UP
- PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated Purvanchal Expressway at Karwal Kheri in Sultanpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
- This 341 km long Purvanchal Express and will connect Lucknow with Ghazipur. It has been constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 22,500 crore.
- The expressway starts from village Chaudsarai, located on Lucknow-Sultanpur Road (NH-731), and ends at village Hydaria located on National Highway No. 31. A 2-km long airstrip has also been constructed on the expressway.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
PM launched ‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme & ‘Sickle Cell Mission’ in MP
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a series of Tribal Welfare programs on his visit to Madhya Pradesh. PM Modi launched a welfare scheme named ‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme & ‘Sickle Cell Mission’ of Madhya Pradesh.
- He also laid the foundation stone for the construction of 50 new Eklavya Model Residential Schools across India. The Indian Government decided to celebrate 15th November as the ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas’ or ‘Tribal Gaurav Diwas’, every year starting from 2021.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Piyush Goyal launched India’s 1st Digital Food Museum in Tamil Nadu
- Union Minister, Piyush Goyal virtually launched India’s first Digital Food Museum in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- It is a 1,860-sqft museum co-developed by the Food Corporation of India (FCI) and Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museums, Bengaluru (Karnataka) with an estimated outlay of Rs 1.1 crore. This museum showcases the Indian food evolution from nomadic hunter-gatherers into settled agriculture producers.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
Punjab launched “Punjab Career Portal” for Students
- Pargat Singh, Education Minister of Punjab has launched a Punjab Career Portal with an aim to provide professional career guidance to school and college students of Punjab.
- The state education department has launched the portal in association with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India. The technical partner for the career portal for Punjab is Aasman Foundation.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Charanjit Singh Channi
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Banking and Financial
SIDBI launched 2nd window of Swavalamban Challenge Fund (SCF)
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) launched the second window of Swavalamban Challenge Fund (SCF) which aims to provide financial support to non-profit organizations, educational institutions for addressing developmental gaps.
- This edition’s themes are aligned with attaining net-zero emissions by 2070, as per the commitments made by India at the 26th UN (United Nations) Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP 26). Therefore, ‘Green Bharat’ is the prioritized theme for the same.
- This fund is a part of Swavalamban Resource Facility (SRF) being implemented by SIDBI in partnership with Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO), United Kingdom (UK). The first window of SCF was launched in August 2021 to promote entrepreneurship culture in India. SIDBI is the sole facilitator for SCF.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI):
- Founded: 2 April 1990
- Headquarters: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- CMD: Sivasubramanian Ramann
HDFC Bank launched 2nd edition of “Mooh Band Rakho” campaign
- HDFC Bank Ltd has launched the second edition of its “Mooh Band Rakho” campaign to raise awareness on fraud prevention in support of International Fraud Awareness Week 2021 (November 14-20, 2021).
- HDFC Bank aims to increase awareness of its customers on all types of frauds and the importance of keeping your mouth shut to ensure their prevention and taking a pledge and not share confidential banking information with anyone.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- Tagline: We understand your world
Paytm Money launched AI-powered ‘Voice Trading’
- Paytm Money, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Paytm, has launched ‘Voice Trading’, powered by artificial intelligence (AI). It will allow users to place a trade or get information about stocks via single voice command.
- This voice command feature uses neural networks and natural language processing (NLP) to allow instant processing. This service has been launched in line with Paytm Money’sefforts to offer next-gen and AI-driven tech to elevate user experience.
About Paytm Money:
- Founded: 20 September 2017
- Headquarter: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- CEO: Varun Sridhar
Kotak Mahindra Bank, PVR launched 1st co-branded movie Debit Card
- Private lender Kotak Mahindra Bank and Multichain operator PVR Ltd. launched India’s 1st Co-branded movie Debit card named ‘Kotak PVR Movie Debit Card’.
- The cardholders will receive joining vouchers and earn points on every transaction on the debit card (at PVR and outside PVR as well), with no upper limit on the points earned.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB):
- Founded: 2003
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Uday Kotak
- Tagline: Let’s make money simple
Appointment and Resignation
UN Secretary-General appointed Shombi Sharp as UN Resident Coordinator in India
- The United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres appointed Shombi Sharp of the United States (US), a sustainable development expert, as the UN Resident Coordinator in India.
- He will lead the UN team in India, and work towards India’s Covid-19 response plans to recover better for the Sustainable Development Goals. Prior to this he served as the United Nations Resident Coordinator in Armenia.
About United Nations (UN):
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres
KVG Bank got ASSOCHAM award for Best Digital Financial Services
- The Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) got the award for the best ‘Digital Financial Services’, in line with India’s vision of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, under the ‘Regional Rural Banks’ (RRBs) category by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
- Around 40 villages in Karnataka are converted into 100% digital villages by the KVGB bank. These efforts are encouraging villagers to use digital mode for transactions.
About Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB):
- Founded: 2005
- Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
- Chairman: Gopikrishna
India, Singapore, Thailand conducted Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX 21
- India, Singapore, and Thailand participated in the 3rd edition of the Trilateral Maritime Exercise named ‘SITMEX – 21’, which was held from 15 to 16 November 2021 in the Andaman Sea.
- From India, the Indian Naval Ship Karmuk is participating, which is an indigenously built Missile Corvette. It is being hosted by Royal Thai Navy (RTN)to enhance the cooperation between the participating navies towards augmenting the overall maritime security.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- Red Flag-India and US
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman (Navy)
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- Desert Warrior- India and Egypt
Book and Author
Ajay Kumar released a book titled ‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’
- Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumarreleased a book titled ‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’ at National Defence College (NDC), New Delhi. The book is a compilation of essays on topics including counter-insurgency operations, conflict in the North East, airpower and nuclear posture, etc.
- The book is an edited volume by Commandant of NDC Air Marshal, Diptendu Choudhury, and President’s Chair of Excellence at NDC Air Vice Marshal Dr. Arjun Subramaniam (Retd).
17 November: National Epilepsy Day
- In India, November 17 is observed every year as National Epilepsy Day by the Epilepsy Foundation, to create awareness about epilepsy. Epilepsy is a chronic disorder of the brain characterized by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’.
- The month of November is observed as ‘National Epilepsy Awareness Month’. The National Epilepsy Day is a national-level campaign initiated by the Epilepsy Foundation of India to reduce the prevalence of Epilepsy in India. The Epilepsy Foundation of India in Mumbai, Maharashtra was established by Dr. Nirmal Surya in 2009.
17 November: World COPD Day 2021
- World COPD Day is observed on the third Wednesday of November every year to raise awareness about the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is a lung disease that blocks airflow and makes it difficult to breathe.
- The World COPD Day 2021 falls on November 17, 2021. The day is organized by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) in collaboration with health care professionals and COPD patient groups throughout the world. The first World COPD Day was held in 2002.
- Theme 2021: Healthy Lungs – Never More Important
Noted Indian writer Mannu Bhandari passed away
- Renowned author Mannu Bhandarihas passed away. She was 90. She was born in Bhanpura city of Madhya Pradesh in 1931 and grew up in Rajasthan’s Ajmer.
- Bhandari was also one of the key members of the Nayi Kahani movement of Hindi literature. Some of Bhandari’s notable works include Mahabhoj (1979), Ek Plate Sailab (1962), Yehi Sach Hai aur Anya Kahaniya (1966), etc.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs