Current Affairs 18th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
MeitY organized 26th CISO Deep Dive Training program under Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is organizing 26th CISO Deep Dive Training program under Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative.
- It is aimed to equip participants with better understanding of emerging cyber threat landscape, understand best practices in cyber security.
- The program will continue till 22nd January 2022. It will cover topics such as Governance Risk and Compliance and Data Privacy, Network Security, End Point Security,
Kerala’s Kumbalangi village became India’s 1st sanitary napkin-free village
- Arif Mohammad Khan, Governor of Kerala, declared Kumbalangi village (India’s first eco-friendly tourist village) in the Ernakulam district of Kerala as the first-ever sanitary napkin-free village in India.
- Under the Avalkayi (for her) initiative led by Hibi Eden, Member of Parliament (Ernakulam), around 5,000 menstrual cups have been distributed to women aged 18 and above, and volunteers will train the women on how to use the menstrual cup and the advantages of using it.
- The partners of the project are HLL Management Academy through their “Thingal” scheme and Indian Oil Corporation.
- In the same event, Governor will also declare Kumbalangi village as a model village. The model village project is implemented as a part of ‘Pradhan Mantri Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (PM-SAGY)’. A new tourist information centre will also be set up in the village.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Dubai opens its Infinity Bridge for traffic for the first time
- Iconic ‘Infinity Bridge’ in Dubai, United Arab Emirates has been formally opened to traffic for the first time on 16th January 2022
- Its design resembles mathematical sign for infinity (∞). It represents limitless, infinite goals of Dubai.
- It consists of six lanes in each direction and combined 3-metre track for pedestrians and cyclists. It is 300 mtrs long and 22 mtrs wide.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Banking and Financial
ICICI Prudential AMC signed agreement with First Trust Advisors to launch Global FoF
- ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company (AMC) signed an agreement with First Trust Advisors, an US-based company to launch a global Fund of Funds (FoF).
- Under the agreement, the ICICI Prudential AMC will launch a strategic metal & energy equity FoF. It invests in offshore funds of First Trust Advisors.
- The ICICI Prudential strategic metal & energy equity FoF will open for subscription on January 17 and will close on January 31, 2022.
Appointment and Resignation
Narendra Goenka took charge as new Chairman of Apparel Export Promotion Council
- Narendra Kumar Goenka took charge as new chairman of Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) replacing A Sakthivel.
- AEPC is the official body of apparel exporters in India, under the aegis of Ministry of Textiles. Goenka has been associated with the AEPC for more than two decades. He was vice-chairman of the apex body of Indian apparel exporters before taking charge as chairman.
Axis Bank & CRMNEXT won IBSi Innovation Awards 2021 for “Best CRM System Implementation”
- Axis Bank & CRMNEXT Solution won the IBS Intelligence (IBSi) Global FinTech Innovation Awards 2021 for the “Best CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System Implementation”.
- It is one of the most prominent awards for the global bankers and IT (Information Technology) consultants across the world.
- It identified and honoured technology players and banks for their excellence in banking technology implementations and innovations using emerging technologies.
- The Axis Bank implemented CRMNEXT for sales and service modernisation and it also enables smarter lead processing, automated routing, complete tracking, and visibility.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Mrs America Shaylyn Ford won the crown of Mrs World 2022
- 37 Years old Shaylyn Ford was crowned as the winner of Mrs World 2022. She was crowned by the outgoing queen Kate Schneider from Ireland.
- Mrs Jordan Jaclyn Stapp & Mrs UAE Debanjali Kamstra were the runner up. This is the 8th time an American representative won the title of Mrs. World.
- India’s Navdeep Kaur has won the award for the Best National Costume at the prestigious Mrs World 2022 pageant in Nevada, Las Vegas. She is the winner of Mrs India World 2021, was representing the country at Mrs World 2022. Navdeep hails from a small town near Odisha’s Steel City, Rourkela.
Defence Ministry launched Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran Portal
- Defence Ministry has launched an online portal named Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran Portal (Raksha पेंशन) to resolve pension-related grievances of ex-servicemen (ESM) and their dependents.
- The portal will help existing and future military pensioners and enable the ESM to file grievances directly with the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW).
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh also announced that DESW has allotted Rs 320 crore to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) to clear all backlog of pending applications for welfare schemes, especially education and marriage grants for widows or dependent children of ESM.
India & Japan conducted Maritime Partnership Exercise in Bay of Bengal
- A Maritime Partnership Exercise was held between Indian Navy and Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) in the Bay of Bengal in a non-contact mode amid COVID-19.
- The Indian side was represented by Indian Naval Ships (INS) Shivalik and INS Kadmatt while JMSDF Ships Uraga and Hirado the participated from Japanese side.
- Aim: Strengthening bilateral relations, promoting defence cooperation, enhancing mutual understanding and interoperability, and sharing best practices between IN and JMSDF.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- Red Flag-India and US
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- Desert Warrior- India and Egypt
Sydney Tennis Classic 2022: Aslan Karatsev won men’s single & Paula Badosa won women’s single title
- In tennis, Russia’s Aslan Karatsev defeated Andy Murray by 6-3, 6-3, to win men’s single title at the Sydney Tennis Classic final, to claim his third ATP Tour title.
- The women’s single title was claimed by Spanish world number nine Paula Badosa, who defeated Barbora Krejcikova 6-3 4-6 7-6(4), to capture her third career title.
Winners of Sydney Tennis Classic 2022
|Men’s Single||Aslan Karatsev (Russia)|
|Women’s Single||Paula Badosa (Spain)|
|Men’s Double||John Peers (Australia and Filip Polášek (Slovakia)|
|Women’s Double||Anna Danilina (Kazakhstan) and Beatriz Haddad Maia (Brazil)|
India will host AFC Women’s football Asian Cup 2022
- India is all set to host AFC Women’s football Asian Cup India 2022 from 20th January 2022 in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, and Pune.
- The tournament will witness 12 teams competing for the trophy. AFC Women’s Asian Cup India will also be the final stage of Asian qualification for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.
About Asian Football Confederation (AFC):
- Founded: 8 May 1954, Manila, Philippines
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa
Book and Author
A new Book titled “Bose: The Untold Story of An Inconvenient Nationalist” authored by Chandrachur Ghose
- A new biography titled “Bose: The Untold Story of An Inconvenient Nationalist” authored by Chandrachur Ghose will be released in February 2022.
- The book contains thoughts and opinions of Subhas Chandra Bose about development of independent India, communalism, geopolitics and political ideology.
- It also marked the untold and unknown stories of Netaji (Subhas Chandra Bose).
DPIIT organized first-ever Startup India Innovation Week from 10 to 16 January
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has virtually organised the 1st-ever ‘Startup India Innovation Week’ from 10th -16th of January 2022, to commemorate the 75th year of India’s independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and showcase the spread and depth of entrepreneurship across India.
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal launched the Startup India Innovation Week.
- As part of the Start-up India Innovation Week, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode’s (IIMK) business incubator, Laboratory for Innovation Venturing and Entrepreneurship (LIVE), and Indian Bank has signed an MoU to launch a start-up funding scheme ‘IndSpring Board’ to support early-stage start-ups with loans up to Rs 50 crore.
About Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT):
- Founded: 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Additional Secretary: Anil Agrawal
Padma Shri awardee social activist Shanti Devi passes away
- Odisha’s social worker and Padma Shri awardee Shanti Devi, who was remembered as the voice of the poor, has passed away.
- She was also called Lugdi Devi. She was known for her dedication towards the underprivileged community and restoring peace in the Maoist-affected areas in Odisha.
- She has received the prestigious Padma Shri award from President Ram Nath Kovind on November 9, 2021.
Noted environmentalist & ‘Save Silent Valley’ campaigner M.K. Prasad passed away
- Noted environmentalist & ‘Save Silent Valley’ campaigner Prof M K Prasad passed away recently.
- He was a prominent figure in the historic grassroot level movement to save the evergreen tropical rain forests in Kerala’s Silent Valley from destruction. He had also led the popular science movement, ‘Kerala Sasthra Sahithya Parishath’.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs