Current Affairs 18th October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
ICC partnered with UNICEF to promote gender equality
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) & United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) have launched a global partnership to empower women & girls & promote inclusion and gender equality through cricket.
- The partnership will be activated in the upcoming T20 World Cup in Australia where all 16 nations will hold ‘Cricket 4 Good Coaching Clinics’ with up to 40 school children taking part in each one.
- The players will introduce the children to ‘Criiio 4 Good’, a cricket development curriculum as the participants will also learn more about gender equity and get to meet their cricketing heroes.
About International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Formation – 15 June 1909
- Headquarters – Dubai, UAE
- Chairman – Greg Barclay (New Zealand)
- Deputy Chairman – Imran Khwaja (Singapore)
- CEO – Geoff Allardice (Australia)
- General Manager – Wasim Khan
- Membership – 108 members
GAME signed MoU with NRLM to enable financial access for women entrepreneurs
- Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) has signed an MoU with National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) to enable financial access for the growth of 10 lakh women entrepreneurs over 3 years.
- As per the MoU, GAME and NRLM will strengthen non-farm livelihoods by building the capacity of women entrepreneurs to access finance and grow their enterprises.
- The programme will focus on capacity building of stakeholders and bankers from public sector banks, digitally-led NBFCs and small finance banks.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar flags off 1st SemiconIndia Future Design roadshow
- Union MoS for Electronics & Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar has flagged off the first SemiconIndia Future Design roadshow in Gujarat.
- The roadshow has been launched as part of the efforts to give a boost to the semiconductor design industry in India.
- The minister also launched the ISRO-tested and qualified NavIC Receiver Chipsets at the event.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
12th edition of Defence Expo begins in Gandhinagar
- The 12th edition of the biennial DefExpo has begun in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The theme of 12th DefExpo is ‘Path to Pride’.
- At DefExpo-2022, the participants will get an opportunity to showcase their equipment and platforms and be able to explore the strengths and capabilities of the expanse of Indian Defence industry for forging business partnerships.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
PM Modi lays foundation stone of projects worth around Rs 15670 crore in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of projects worth around 15,670 crore rupees in Gujarat.
- He lay the foundation stone of various development projects worth around 3,580 crore rupees in Junagadh. In the first phase of this project, a total highway length of over 270 Kilometre will be covered across 13 districts.
- Modi also dedicated and laid the foundation stone of projects worth around 5,860 crore rupees in Rajkot.
Banking and Financial
Karnataka Bank launched ‘KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme
- Karnataka Bank has launched a Term Deposit Scheme “KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme” with a higher rate of interest.
- This deposit will be for a period of 555 days with interest rate of 7.20 percent.
- The rate of interest will be 7.60 percent for senior citizens. it is a golden opportunity to customers to save and invest to realize better returns.
About Karnataka Bank
- Founded- 18 February 1924
- Headquarters– Mangalore, Karnataka
- MD & CEO- Mahabaleshwara M S
Appointment and Resignation
Infosys president Ravi Kumar S resigned
- IT services major Infosys president Ravi Kumar S has resigned from his post.
- Ravi, as president of the company, led the Infosys Global Services Organization across all industry segments.
- He was appointed as the Infosys president in 2016.
- Infosys is the 2nd-largest Indian IT company after TCS.
- Founded – 2 July 1981
- Headquarters – Bengaluru
- CEO – Salil Parekh
Justice D Y Chandrachud appointed as 50th Chief Justice of India
- The second senior judge of the Supreme Court of India Justice Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of India.
- Justice Chandrachud will succeed current CJI UU Lalit on 9 November 2022.
- Justice Chandrachud will have a term of over two years as the 50th Chief Justice of India till 10 November 2024 – making it one of the longest terms for a CJI in the recent past.
- Justice Chandrachud is a former Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court and a former judge of Bombay High Court.
- Justice Chandrachud’s father Justice YV Chandrachud was the 16th and the longest-serving Chief Justice of India serving from 2 February 1978 to 11 July 1985.
- Justice Chandrachud is known for his liberal and progressive judgments, the most recent one being the verdict upholding the rights of unmarried women to seek abortion of pregnancy up to 24 weeks.
- He was part of the Constitution Benches which decriminalized consensual homosexuality, recognized privacy as a fundamental right under Article 21, and decriminalized adultery.
- He was part of the majority which upheld the right of women of all ages to enter the Sabarimala temple. Justice Chandrachud was also a member of the 5-judge bench which decided the Ayodhya-Babri Masjid case
Ulf Kristersson elected as new PM of Sweden
- Conservative leader Ulf Kristersson has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Sweden.
- Kristersson, 58, was elected with 176 votes in favour and 173 against to form a three-party government between his Moderate Party, the Christian Democrats and the Liberals.
- Kristersson will succeed Magdalena Anderson as Sweden’s new PM.
- Anderson became Sweden’s first female prime minister in 2021.
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Prime Minister of Sweden – Ulf Kristersson
- President of Iraq – Abdul Latif Rashid
- President of Austria – Alexander Van der Bellen (2nd term)
- Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia – Mohammed bin Salman
- First woman Prime Minister of Italy- Giorgia Meloni
- president of Angola – Joao Lourenco (2nd term)
- PM of United Kingdom – Liz Truss
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minister of Israel – Yair Lapid
Atanu Chakraborty appointed as Chairman of Yubi
- Atanu Chakraborty has been appointed as Chairman of Yubi (formerly CredAvenue).
- He is a 1985 batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service, of the Gujarat cadre.
- Yubi is a unified credit platform with a product suite catering to every stage of the debt lifecycle.
- Chakraborty, who is a former Economic Affairs Secretary, is also currently the Chairman of the Board of HDFC Bank.
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- Whole-time member at SEBI – Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan
- MD & CEO of SBI General Insurance – Kishore Poludasu
- MD & CEO of Yes Bank – Prashant Kumar
- MD & CEO of Aviva Life Insurance – Asit Rath
- MD & CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank – Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam
- MD of IDFC Limited – Mahendra Shah
Sri Lanka’s Shehan Karunatilaka won Booker Prize 2022
- Sri Lankan author Shehan Karunatilaka has won the Booker Prize for his second novel The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida, about a war photographer murdered in the country’s civil war.
- The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida comes more than a decade after his debut, Chinaman, which was published in 2011.
- Karunatilaka is the second Sri Lankan to win the award, following Michael Ondaatje’s victory in 1992 for The English Patient, which was later turned into a blockbuster film.
- Karunatilaka received a trophy from Queen Consort Camilla at the English language literary award’s first in-person ceremony since 2019. He also gets a 50,000 pound ($56,810) prize.
- World Green City award 2022 – Hyderabad
- FIH Goalkeeper of the Year awards 2021-22 – women’s – Savita Punia & men’s – PR Sreejesh
- 32nd Bihari Puraskar – Madhav Hada
- SASTRA Ramanujan Prize 2022 – Yunqing Tang
- Lifetime Achievement Award by US President – Dr. Vivek Lall
- Changemaker’ award at UN SDG Action Awards – Srishti Bakshi
- Best adventure tourism destination award – Uttarakhand
- Lata Mangeshkar Award 2021 – Kumar Sanu
NATO begins annual nuclear exercises in northwestern Europe
- NATO has begun its long-planned annual nuclear exercise “Steadfast Noon” in northwestern Europe.
- 14 of the 30 NATO members are participating in this exercise which is being hosted by Belgium in 2022.
- The military alliance said around 60 aircraft including fighter jets and surveillance and refueling planes will take part in the event.
- The main part of the drill will be conducted more than 1,000 km from Russia.
About North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Formation – 4 April 1949
- Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
- Secretary General – Jens Stoltenberg
- Total Member – 30 (North Macedonia)
- The Indian Navy has conducted a security exercise, called “Prasthan”, in the Offshore Development Area (ODA) off Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- INS Tarkash has participated in the 7th edition of IBSAMAR, a joint multinational maritime exercise among Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies
- INS Satpura and P81 Maritime Patrol Aircraft reached Darwin in Australia to participate in the Multinational Naval Exercise ‘Kakadu’.
- The 6th edition of Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022 (JIMEX 22) hosted by the Indian Navy began in the Bay of Bengal.
- Indian Army’s Kharga Corps & Indian Air Force have conducted a joint exercise ‘Gagan Strike’ in Punjab to showcase the might & prowess of the armed forces.
- Indian army and Chinese Army will attend the Vostok 2022 military exercises that will be held in Russia from August 30 to September 5.
Qatar to host AFC Asian Cup 2023
- The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has announced that the 2023 Asian Cup football tournament will be held in Qatar.
- The FIFA World Cup 2022 host, Qatar, will replace China as the host nation of the 2023 AFC Asian Cup.
- China in June 2019 won the bid to host the event but pulled out in May 2022 because of its “zero-Covid” policy.
- Also, India and Saudi Arabia have been shortlisted to host the 2027 Asian Cup.
- The Asian Cup is held every four years & Qatar won the last edition in 2019.
- Capital- Doha
- Currency– Riyal
17 October – World Trauma Day
- World Trauma Day is observed every year on 17 October.
- Objective – To prevent the increasing rate of accidents and injuries causing death and disability across the world.
- The day was created in New Delhi, India, in 2011.
- Trauma means “any injury caused to the body”. The injury may be caused due to many reasons like road accidents, fires, burns, falls, acts of violence and crimes against the vulnerable population including women, children and elderly.
- Every year, about 5 million people die from injuries across the world. In India alone, it is estimated that one million people die and 20 million are hospitalized every year due to injuries.
- According to National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), about 1,37,000 people died in road accidents in India in 2013.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here