Daily GK Update 19th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 19 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
India and Germany sign agreement on ‘Cities combating plastic entering the marine environment’
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety signed an agreement on Technical Cooperation titled ‘Cities Combating Plastic Entering the Marine Environment’ at a virtual ceremony in New Delhi.
- The project’s outcomes are completely in line with the objectives of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban focusing on sustainable solid waste management and Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision to phase out single use plastic by 2022”.
Note: About Germany
- Chancellor: Angela Merkel
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
International (Current Affairs)
Henley Passport Index 2021: India’s Ranks 84th, Japan Tops
- Amid the rising COVID-19 cases and subsequent restrictions on travel overseas, when many countries are banning individuals from worst hit nations, the Henley Passport Index on April 17 released its list of the most powerful passports.
- India stands at number 84 in the list, as the Indian citizens can visit Visa Free or Visa-on-Arrival in over 58 places. Japan, Singapore and Germany, South Korea stand Top 3 respectively.
The Henley Passport Index releases list which measures the world’s most travel-friendly passports. The index ranks the countries based on how strong their passport is.
- Rank 1: Japan
- Rank 2: Singapore
- Rank 3: Germany, South Korea
- Rank 4: Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain
- Rank 5: Austria, Denmark
- Rank 107: Pakistan
- Rank 110: Afghanistan (Bottom)
RBI approves re-appointment of Murali Natarajan as DCB Bank MD and CEO
- Private sector lender, DCB Bank has received approval from the Reserve Bank of India for the re-appointment of Murali M. Natrajan as the Managing Director & CEO, for a further period of one year from April 29, 2021.
- He was appointed as MD and CEO of DCB Bank in May 2009.
Note: About DCB
- Headquarters: Maharashtra.
- Founded: 1930.
- Tagline: We Value You
Max Verstappen Won Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix 2021
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) won the Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix 2021, in Imola, Italy. This win is his first victory of the season. The race was the second round of the 2021 Formula One World Championship.
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) finished second and Lando Norris (McLaren – Great Britain) stand third place.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Bahrain F1 Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain)
Book & Author
‘The Christmas Pig’: JK Rowling to release new children’s book in October
- JK Rowling has a new book coming this autumn, a festive children’s story with all new characters.
- Publisher Scholastic announced on 16th April that The Christmas Pig, the story of a boy named Jack and his beloved toy that goes missing, will be released worldwide on October 12.
18 April- World Heritage Day
- This day is observed every year on 18 April to preserve the human heritage and recognise the efforts of all the relevant organisations in the field. This day was announced by the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) in 1982 and was approved by the General Assembly of UNESCO in 1983.
- Theme 2021: “Complex Pasts: Diverse Futures”
19 April: World Liver Day
- World Liver day is observed on the 19 April every year to spread awareness about the second largest organ in the body.
- The liver is the second largest and the most complex organ in the body, with the exception of the brain.
- Theme 2021: ‘Keep your liver healthy and disease-free.’
Renowned radiologist Kakarla Subba Rao Passed away
- Renowned radiologist and Padma Shri awardee Kakarla Subbarao passed away on 17th April. Born on January 25, 1925, the 96-year-old doctor breathed his last at the KIMS hospital in Secunderaba.
- Subbarao was a well known radiologist both in India and overseas as well. Subba Rao was also the ex-director of Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) in Hyderabad. During his tenure, Subba Rao was known for his services to the hospital and his efforts to transform the NIMS into a super speciality hospital.
National Award-winning film-maker Sumitra Bhave passed away at 78
- Veteran film director and writer Sumitra Bhave, known for her work in the Marathi cinema and theatre, died in a hospital here on 19th April.
- Bhave had won several national and international awards for her work. In 1985, Bhave made her first short film ‘Bai’, which was about a woman living in a slum and her survival against all odds. The film won several national awards.
- In 1995, Bhave and Sukthankar made their directorial debut with ‘Doghi’, which received the National Film Award.
- Her other notable works include ‘Devrai’ (2004), ‘Gho Mala Asala Hawa’, ‘Ha Bharat Maza’, ‘Astu – So Be It’, ‘Samhita’, ‘Welcome Home’, ‘Vaastupurush’, ‘Dahavi Fa’ and ‘Kaasav’, a National Award-winning film.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|