Current Affairs 19th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
BRO will construct world’s highest tunnel connecting Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh at Shinku La Pass
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) will build the world’s highest tunnel at Shinku La Pass at 16,580 feet to connect Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh.
- The construction will begin by July this year and be completed by 2025. The Centre has already made ‘Project Yojak’ of BRO to execute this ambitious project.
- Presently, one has to travel 101 km from Manali to Darcha and thereafter, take a turn towards Shinku La Pass and enter Zanskar valley. The tunnel’s south portal will be at Shinku La, and the tunnel’s north portal will be at Lhakhang.
About Border Roads Organisation (BRO):
- Founded: 7 May 1960
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director-General: Gen. Rajeev Chaudhary
Ayushman Bharat-Health & Wellness Centre Scheme marked 4th year anniversary
- The Union Health minister Mansukh Mandaviya, organised a week-long celebration under the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”, marking the fourth anniversary of Ayushman Bharat- Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs) from April 16 to April 22.
- The inauguration of the first AB-HWC on 14th April 2018, at Jangla, a serene village in Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh.
- Mansukh Mandaviya, the union Health minister addressed the fourth anniversary celebration of AB-HWCs in a meeting organised virtually, which saw the participation of more than 1 Lakh AB-HWCs, State Health ministers, senior Officials of all the States and Union Territories, healthcare workers from various hospitals and development partners.
World Bank slashed global growth forecast for 2022 to 3.2% from 4.1%
- The World Bank has cut the global growth forecast for 2022 to 3.2% from 4.1% due to the impacts of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- The reason for lowering the projection is that people are facing reduced commercial activity and trade, and the debt crisis and currency depreciations have placed a heavy burden on the poor.
- The world is also facing reversals in development in education, health and gender equality.
About World Bank:
- Founded: July 1944, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States
- Headquarters: Washington DC, USA
- President: David Robert Malpass
- Member Countries: 189 (including India)
Banking and Financial
SBI raised $500 million through IFSC Gift City branch
- State Bank of India (SBI) has raised 3-year funds of $500 million (over Rs 3,800 crore) through a syndicated loan facility at “very fine pricing” through its IFSC Gift City branch.
- This is the first offshore USD Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) linked syndicated loan raised by SBI through its Gift City branch.
- The facility is for USD 400 million plus USD 100 million as a green shoe option. MUFG, Bank of America and JP Morgan were the Joint lenders for this offering whereas Fist Abu Dhabi Bank acted as the facility agent.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
RBI certified fintech led 121 Finance as India’s first NBFC-Factor, after revised Registration of Factors Regulations (2022)
- Jaipur-based 121 Finance becomes India’s first fintech led NBFC (non-banking financial company)-Factor to receive the Certificate of Registration (CoR) under Registration of Factors (Reserve Bank) Regulations 2022.
- That means, it is the first NBFC to convert from an Investment and Credit Company (ICC) to an NBFC-Factor.
- Until now, Factoring was offered only to the large corporates. Under this registration, MSME can sell a receivable invoice to 121 Finance, without any collateral. With this the business can convert these invoices into cash instantly and be free from the management of the receivables.
About 121 Finance:
- Establishment: 1984
- Headquarters:Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Founder & CEO: Dr Ravi Modani
Sugar export jumped 65% in 2021-22 corresponding to the previous year
- Sugar export in India has witnessed an impressive growth of 291% from USD 1,177 million in the financial year 2013-14 to USD 4,600 million in the last financial year.
- The sugar export has jumped 65% in 2021-22corresponding to the previous year.
- The growth was achieved despite the logistical challenges posed by COVID-19 pandemic. The country had exported sugar worth 1,965 million US dollars in 2019-20, which increased to 2,790 million US dollars in 2020-21.
Nexo launched world’s 1st crypto-backed payment card “Nexo Card” with Mastercard & DiPocket
- London-based Cryptocurrency lender, Nexo has joined hands with global payments company Mastercard to launch the world’s first “crypto-backed” payment card. Electronic money firm DiPocket is Nexo’s card issuer.
- Interest remains at 0% for customers who maintain a loan-to-value ratio of 20% or below.
- This move by crypto and incumbent financial networks forces digital assets to become more mainstream. Initially, The card will be available in selected European countries.
- Founded: 16 December 1966, United States
- Headquarters: Purchase, Harrison, New York, United States
- CEO: Michael Miebach
- Executive Chairman: Ajay Banga
Appointment and Resignation
Lt Gen Manoj Pande appointed as India’s 29th Chief of Army Staff
- Lieutenant General Manoj Pande has been appointed as the 29th Chief of Army Staff. Lt Gen Pande is the incumbent Vice-Chief of the Army.
- He will take over from General MM Naravane, who is set to retire on April 30, 2022. Lt Gen Manoj Pande is the first-ever officer from the Corps of Engineers to be appointed as Army Chief.
- He has served as chief engineer in the UN mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea. He was the Commander-in-Chief Andaman and Nicobar Command (CINCAN) from June 2020 to May 2021.
Vikram Dev Dutt appointed as CMD of Air India Asset Holding
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, approved Vikram Dev Dutt’s appointment as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Air India Asset Holding (AIAHL), with effect from 27th January 2022, in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
- Prior to this, Dutt was in-charge of Air India as a CMD till the airline was handed over to the Tata Group.
- Air India Asset Holding (AIAHL) was set up in 2019 by the government for holding debt and non-core assets of the Air India group. The government had on October 8, 2021, announced that the Tata Group won the bid to acquire Air India for Rs 18,000 crore.
Bimal Kothari appointed as Chairman of India Pulses and Grains Association
- India Pulses and Grains Association (IPGA), the apex body for India’s pulses trade and industry, has appointed Bimal Kothari as the new Chairman with immediate effect.
- Kothari takes over fromJitu Bheda, who was the IPGA chairman since 2018. Kothari, one of the key founding members of the association, has been the Vice-Chairman of IPGA since 2011 when it was formed.
- Bimal Kothari takes over as the third chairman of the association after Pravin Dongre and Jitu Bheda.
IndusInd Bank won global ‘Celent Model Bank’ Award for its Enterprise Payments Hub (EPH) initiative
- IndusInd Bank has been awarded the global ‘Celent Model Bank’ award under the category of ‘Payments System Transformation’ for building a best-in-class Enterprise Payments Hub (EPH).
- The award recognises the Bank’s outstanding journey in creating a cloud-based central payments hub. The award is given by Celent, a leading research and advisory firm focused on technology for financial institutions globally.
- This payment hub is capable of seamlessly processing high transaction loads originating across all forms of payment instructions, and across all originating client touchpoints.
About IndusInd Bank:
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Sumant Kathpalia
- Tagline: We Make You Feel Richer
AIMA honoured Shoojit Sircar with Director of The Year award
- Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport and Highways, presented the 2021 AIMA Managing India Awards in multiple categories in Delhi.
- In the films category, Shoojit Sircar was honoured with the Director Of The Year award for Sardar Udham. This year, the 12th edition of the AIMA Managing India Awards is being organised physically, coinciding with the 7th National Leadership Conclave.
- Every year, AIMA presents the Director Of The Year award, which recognises an individual “who has exemplified the spirit of filmmaking and created a masterpiece out of it”.
Haryana won 12th Senior Men’s National Hockey championship
- Haryana has been crowned the champions of the 12th Senior Men’s National Hockey Championship after beating Tamil Nadu by 3-1 in the shootout.
- Haryana has won the trophy for the first time since 2011. The hockey tournament was held in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh from April 6 to 17, 2022. Karnataka has triumphed over Maharashtra by 4-3 in the third/fourth place classification match.
Indian GM D Gukesh won 48th La Roda International Open chess tournament title
- Indian Grandmaster Dommaraju Gukesh has clinched the 48th La Roda International Open chess tournament title in Castile-La Mancha, Spain.
- He defeated Israel’s Victor Mikhalevski in the final round. GM Haik M. Martirosyan from Armenia placed second with 7.5 points.
- Indian GM Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa finished third followed by Raunak Sadhwani (India), Manuel Lopez Martinez Josep (Spain) and Ramon Martinez (Venezuela).
Recent Indian Chess Grandmasters:
- 69th: Harshit Raja (Maharashtra)
- 70th: Raja Rithvik (Telangana)
- 71st: Sankalp Gupta (Maharashtra)
- 72nd: Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 73rd: Bharath Subramaniyam (Tamil Nadu)
19 April: World Liver Day
- World Liver Day is observed on 19 April annually to spread awareness about the causes of liver disease and tips for its prevention so as to take holistic care of the liver.
- The liver is the second largest and the second most complex organ in the body, after the brain. It performs crucial body functions and is associated with a person’s digestion, immunity, metabolism, and nutrition storage.
- The liver regulates blood sugar, removes toxic substances from the body, helps blood clot, and controls cholesterol levels.
- On 28th July 2018, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched National Viral Hepatitis Control Programme. This programme aims to prevent and control viral hepatitis in India in order to achieve Sustainable Developmental Goal 3.3 by 2030.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs