Current Affairs 19th August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Banking & Financial
India Ratings revises India’s FY22 GDP growth to 9.4%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has revised India’s GDP growth forecast for FY22 to 9.4% year-on-year, saying that the country’s economic recovery would depend on the progress of its vaccination drive.
- The forecast could further slip to 9.1% if India is unable to vaccinate it’s entire adult population by December 31. However, if India does succeed then GDP growth is expected to be at 9.6%
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-8.3%
- Nomura –10.8%
SBI Life launches new-age term insurance policy “SBI Life eShield Next”
- SBI Life Insurance announced the launch of a unique new age protection solution called ‘SBI Life eShield Next’, which ‘levels up’ the protection coverage as the insured achieves life’s major milestones.
- This means that the policy is neither linked to the stock market nor shares any profit or dividends with the policyholders.
Note: About SBI Life Insurance
- CEO: Mahesh Kumar Sharma;
- Headquarters: Mumbai;
- Founded: March 2001.
RBI to introduce ‘Regulatory GAAR’ for round-tripping
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has come up with a draft rule with modifications in the existing regulation related to foreign investment to discourage round-tripping. The central bank is looking to tweak the existing regulations and has come up with draft rules around round-tripping.
- Some of the largest Indian companies, startups and multinationals with an India presence have put their outbound investment, fundraising and restructuring plans on hold as the RBI looks to introduce fresh regulations around “round-tripping.”
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
Mohammad Azam from Telangana awarded National Youth Award
- Mohammad Azam from Karimnagar district in Telangana has been awarded the National Youth Award recently by the Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur in Delhi for displaying exemplary leadership qualities.
- He has conducted many service programmes like blood donations, plantation drives and awareness programmes about population control, earning him several awards. He received the ‘Indira Gandhi NSS Award’ from then President of India Pranab Mukherjee.
Resolution reintroduced in US Congress to posthumously award Congressional Gold Medal to Mahatma Gandhi
- An influential US lawmaker from New York on 16th August reintroduced a resolution in the US House of Representatives to posthumously award the prestigious Congressional Gold Medal to Mahatma Gandhi in recognition of his promotion of peace and nonviolence.
- The Congressional Gold Medal is the highest civilian award in the United States.
Lionel Messi signs two-year Paris St-Germain deal after leaving Barcelona
- Lionel Messi has signed a two-year contract with Paris St-Germain after leaving Barcelona. The 34-year-old’s deal also has the option of a third year.
- Considered one of the greatest players of all time, Messi scored a record 672 goals in 778 games for Barcelona, the club he joined as a 13-year-old.
19 August: World Photography Day
- World Photography Day is observed on August 19 every year. The day was particularly selected for celebration in order to mark the purchase of the patent to the ‘daguerreotype’ camera by the French government, who made it free for use to the entire universe.
- The day celebrates the art, craft, science, and history of photography. No doubt since the early 19th century, photography has become an important part of life, an ever-increasing medium of personal expression and appreciation for countless people across the world.
19 August: World Humanitarian Day
- World Humanitarian Day is marked on August 19 annually to honour humanitarians across the world. The day is observed to pay tribute to people who sacrificed their lives despite the odds and continue to provide protection and life-saving support to people in need.
- Theme 2021: #TheHumanRace: a global challenge for climate action in solidarity with people who need it the most.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|