Current Affairs 1st November 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Meghalaya signed MoU with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for MSME borrowers
- The Meghalaya government has signed an MoU with the Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGFTMSE), under the Ministry of MSME, to help facilitate flow of credit to MSME borrowers.
- This MoU will strengthen the credit delivery system and facilitate flow of credit to MSME borrowers.
- Presently, the loans taken by MSME borrowers are covered under CGTMSE against a risk coverage of 75% of the loan amount under various MSME schemes.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – D. Mishra (additional charge)
- Meghalaya signed MoU with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for MSME borrowers
- Haryana government signed an MoU with Dubai for economic cooperation
- Odisha Government signed an MoU with NIOT for protecting coastline
- Andhra Pradesh government signed an MoU with NISG for integrated land management system
- Andhra Pradesh signed an MoU with Parley for the Oceans to save seas from pollution
- CPRI signed an MoU with Chhattisgarh Government to set up a regional testing lab
4th edition of Goa Maritime Symposium concluded
- The 4th edition of the Goa Maritime Symposium (GMS) has conducted by the Naval War College (NWC) at Goa.
- The theme of GMS-2022 is Maritime Security Challenges in the Indian Ocean Region: Converting Common Maritime Priorities into Collaborative Mitigation Frameworks.
- The symposium is conducted biennially by the NWC, Goa, and three editions of the event have been organized so far.
- The participants of the Symposium comprise Captains and Commanders and equivalent-rank officers from Navies and Maritime forces from friendly foreign countries Bangladesh, Comoros, Indonesia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
Strategic Conclave held at Fire and Fury Corps in Srinagar
- In Srinagar, a Strategic Conclave was held at Fire and Fury Corps which was presided over by Lt Gen Upendra Dwivedi, GOC-in-C Northern Command, and attended by senior military officials of Northern Command.
- The conclave was held to analyze shifting geopolitical equations in the world in general and our neighborhood in particular.
- It deliberated on a multitude of issues, at all levels, to develop a comprehensive understanding.
Gujarat government set up committee to implement Uniform Civil Code
- Gujarat Government has decided to set up a committee for the implementation of the Uniform Civil Code in the state ahead of assembly elections.
- The State cabinet has cleared a proposal regarding this.
- The high-level committee will be headed by a retired high court judge and will have three to four members.
- The decision is in line with PM’s vision of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Government approved Electronics Manufacturing Cluster at Ranjangaon
- Ministry of Electronics and IT has approved the setting up of a greenfield Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) in Ranjangaon Phase III in Maharashtra at a project cost of ₹492.85 crores.
- EMC at Ranjangaon, Pune will catalyze investments to the tune of over Rs. 2000 crore in the near future and generate employment for over 5,000 people.
- The Ministry of Electronics and IT plans to give a boost to the 1000 Crore Semicon India Future Design programme to support Semiconductor Design Startups in the state.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
M Amritanandamayi appointed as Chair of Civil Society of G20 summit
- Spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma) has been appointed the Chair of the country’s Civil 20 (C20), an official engagement group of the Group of 20 (G20), by the union government.
- The G20 is the premier inter-governmental forum for the world’s developed and emerging economies to address financial stability on a global basis.
- The C20 is its platform for civil society organizations (CSOs) to bring forth non-government and non-business voices to the G20 leaders.
- India will assume the Presidency of the G20 for one year from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023.
- The G20 consists of 19 countries plus the European Union, and India has been a member since its inception in 1999. Overall, the G20 accounts for about 80 percent of gross world product (GWP), 59-77 percent of international trade, two-thirds of the world’s population, and roughly half of its land area.
Banking and Financial
BSE Technologies launched of KYC Registration Agency
- BSE Technologies (a subsidiary of Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd) has launched of KYC Registration Agency (KRA), which maintains KYC records of investors in an electronic form.
- KRA is a Sebi-regulated intermediary that grants the market participants authorization for investors’ Know Your Client (KYC).
- KYC KRA has become a key segment for securities market investors and acts as a starting point for any investor’s journey in the securities market.
- In April, Sebi issued fresh guidelines for KRAs whereby such agencies will have to independently validate the KYC records of all clients from July 1.
- Under the guidelines, KRAs need to independently validate records of those clients (existing as well as new) whose KYC has been completed using Aadhaar as an Officially Valid Document (OVD).
About Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Founded – 1875
- Headquarters – Mumbai Maharashtra
- Chairman – Subhash Sheoratan Mundra
- MD & CEO – Ashish kumar Chauhan
Appointment and Resignation
Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva elected new president of Brazil
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has been elected as new president of Brazil.
- He defeated incumbent president Jair Bolsonaro in a close contest.
- Lula da Silva secured 50.83 percent of the votes, whereas his opponent Bolsonaro managed to get 49.17 percent votes.
- He was served as the president of Brazil for two terms from 2003 to 2006 and then 2007 to 2011.
- India has had excellent relations with Brazil under his government.
- He visited India as the Chief Guest at the Republic Day parade in 2004, 2007 and 2008.
- Capital – Brasília
- Currency – Brazilian Real
- President – Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Prime Minister of Sweden – Ulf Kristersson
- President of Iraq – Abdul Latif Rashid
- PM of United Kingdom – Rishi Sunak
- President of Austria – Alexander Van der Bellen (2nd term)
- Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia – Mohammed bin Salman
- First woman Prime Minister of Italy- Giorgia Meloni
- president of Angola – Joao Lourenco (2nd term)
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minister of Israel – Yair Lapid
Indian Navy joined trilateral exercise with Mozambique, Tanzania
- The first edition of the India-Mozambique-Tanzania Trilateral Exercise (IMT TRILAT) concluded at Dar Es Salaam,
- Indian Navy is represented by the guided missile frigate, INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and MARCOS (Special Forces).
- The exercise has three broad objectives:
- Capability development to address common threats through training and sharing of best practices
- Enhancing interoperability
- Strengthening maritime cooperation
- Indian Air Force (IAF) and French Air and Space Force (FASF) are participating in a bilateral exercise named ‘Garuda’ from 26th Oct to 12th Nov 2022 at Air Force Station Jodhpur.
- The Indian Navy hosted the 29th edition of the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) at Visakhapatnam.
- The Indian and US militaries carried out a three-day joint humanitarian assistance exercise ‘Tiger Triumph’ in Visakhapatnam.
- NATO has begun its long-planned annual nuclear exercise “Steadfast Noon” in northwestern Europe.
- The Indian Navy has conducted a security exercise, called “Prasthan”, in the Offshore Development Area (ODA) off Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
India defeated Australia to win Sultan of Johor Cup 2022
- Indian junior men’s hockey team defeated Australia to win the 10th edition of the Sultan of Johor Cup 2022 at the Taman Daya Hockey Stadium in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- This is the third time India has won the Sultan of Johor Cup.
- India’s previous two titles came in 2013 and 2014.
- The top-scorer of the tournament was Sharda Nand Tiwari from India, with seven goals to his name.
- The Player of the Match – Sudeep Chirmako
- The Sultan of Johor Cup was started in 2011.
Max Verstappen won Mexican Formula 1 GP 2022
- Red Bull driver Max Verstappen finished in first place at the Mexican Grand Prix 2022 to claim his record-setting 14th win of the season.
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez finished second and third respectively.
- The 25-year-old’s 14th victory of the season sees him pass Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel for the most race wins in a single season in Formula One history.
- Verstappen is now the most successful driver in the history of the Mexican GP, having secured his fourth title.
- It was the 34th race win of his career & 14th win of the 2022 season.
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez finished second and third respectively.
- Earlier in October, Verstappen claimed his second career world championship at the Japanese Grand Prix, and last week he won the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas, which saw him share the record for number of season race wins.
- With his victory in Mexico, Verstappen also broke the record for the most points accumulated in a single season, previously set by Lewis Hamilton in 2019.
Recent Grand Prix 2022 Winner
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- French Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Spanish Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Hungarian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Dutch Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Italian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Japanese Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- US Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix 2022 -Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Singapore Grand Prix 2022 – Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Australian Grand Prix. 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Austrian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- British Grand Prix 2022 – Carlos Saniz (Spanish)
30 October – World Savings Day
- World Savings Day is observed every year on October 30
- Objective – To create awareness about and promote savings and financial security, not just on the individual level but for the entire country.
- World Savings Day is also called World Thrift Day.
- The history of World Thrift Day stretches back to the first International Thrift Congress, held in 1924 in Milan, Italy. Here, an Italian professor, Filippo Ravizza, declared October 31 as World Savings Day.
- Theme 2022 – Saving prepares you for the future
31 October – World Cities Day
- World Cities Day is celebrated on October 31 every year.
- Objective – To highlight the need for international cooperation to promote global urbanization and address its challenges.
- Theme 2022 – Better City, Better Life
- This day was established by the UN General Assembly in 2013 and was first celebrated in 2014.
- A different city hosts the event each year & Shanghai, China hosted the event in 2022.
Important Days of October 2022
- 1 October – National Pension System (NPS) Diwas
- 1 October – International Day of Older Persons (Resilience of Older Persons in a Changing World)
- 2 – 8 October – National Wildlife Week
- 3 October – World Habitat Day (Mind the Gap. Leave No One and Place Behind)
- 6 October – World Cerebral Palsy Day
- 7 October – World Cotton day
- 7 October 2022 – World Smile Day (First Friday of October) (Do an act of kindness, Help one person smile)
- 9 October – Raising Day of Territorial Army
- 9 October – World Post Day (Post for Planet)
- 10 October – World Mental Health Day
- 11 October – International Day of Girl Child (Our time is now—our rights, our future)
- 12 October – World Arthritis Day (It’s in your hands, take action)
- 13 October – World Sight Day (Love Your Eyes)
- 14 October – World Standards Day (Shared Vision for a Better World)
- 15 October – World Students’ Day
- 15 October – Global Handwashing Day (Unite for Universal Hand Hygiene)
- 15 October – International Day of Rural Women (Rural Women Cultivating Good Food for All)
- 16 October – World Food Day (Leave No One behind)
- 17 October – International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (Dignity For All in Practice)
- 17 October – World Trauma Day
- 19 October 2022 – Global Dignity Day (3rd Wednesday of October)
- 20 October – World Osteoporosis Day (Step Up For Bone Health)
- 20 October – National Solidarity Day
- 21 October – Police Commemoration Day
- 23 October 2022 – 7th National Ayurveda Day (Har Din Har Ghar Ayurveda)
- 24 October – United Nations Day (Building Back Together for Peace and Prosperity)
- 24 October – World Polio Day (A healthier future for mothers & children)
- 27 October – World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (Enlisting documentary heritage to promote inclusive, just and peaceful societies)
- 27 October 2022 – 76th Infantry Day
- 27 October 2022 – 102nd birth anniversary of former President of India Dr. KR Narayanan
- 29 October – World Stroke Day (Precious Time)
- 29 October – International Internet Day
- 24 – 31 October 2022 – Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2022 (Nurturing trust: A Media and Information Literacy Imperative)
- 30 October – World Savings Day (Saving prepares you for the future)
- 31 October – World Cities Day (Better City, Better Life)
- 31 October – National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
1 November – World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day is celebrated every year on November 1st.
- Objective – To spread awareness about the vegan diet and lifestyle.
- World Vegan Day traces its origins to England in 1994. At the time, animal rights activist Louise Wallis was serving as the President of the Vegan Society.
- Veganism is the practice of staying away from the use of animal products & extending the philosophy to banning of the commodification of animals.
- On this day, people are made aware of the benefits of veganism & how it is a sustainable approach to the environment as well.
Steel man of India Jamshed J Irani passed away
- Jamshed J Irani, also known as the Steel Man of India, passed away recently at the age of 86 in Jamshedpur.
- Irani was associated with Tata Steel for over four decades. He retired from the board of Tata Steel in June 2011.
- Dr Irani was also the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Government of India in 2008 as acknowledgement to his services in the area of metallurgy.
- He led Tata Steel from the forefront during India’s economic liberalization in the early 1990’s and contributed to the growth and development of the steel industry in India.
- He received the Padma Bhushan in 2007 in recognition of his contributions to the industry.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|