Daily GK Update 21st April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 21 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Priyanka Mohite becomes first Indian woman to scale Mt Annapurna
- Priyanka Mohite from Satara in western Maharashtra has scaled Mt Annapurna, the 10th highest mountain peak in the world, becoming the first Indian woman climber to achieve the feat.
- Mount Annapurna is a massif in the Himalayas located in Nepal that includes one peak over 8,000 metres and is considered to be one of the toughest mountains to climb.
International (Current Affairs)
President nominates Kim Boo-kyum as new S Korean Prime Minister
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in 18th April nominated interior minister Kim Boo-kyum as the new Prime Minister of the country.
- The nomination will now have to get approved in the parliamentary confirmation hearings.
Note: About S Korea
- Capital: Seoul
- Currency: South Korean won
Banking & Financial
RBI set up a committee about the Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARC) headed by Sudarshan Sen
- The Reserve Bank of India recently set up a committee to study about the Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARC) in the country. The committee will evaluate the role of ARCs in debt resolution and will review their business model.
- The Committee is headed by former RBI Executive director Sudarshan Sen. It will review the legal and regulatory framework of ARCs. It will recommend measures to improve the efficacy of Asset Reconstruction Companies.
- The Committee will also review the role of ARC in stressed asset resolution under the IBC (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code).
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Panel for conversion of large NBFCs into banks: P K Mohanty
- RBI forms working group on digital lending as frauds come into sharp focus: Ayant Kumar Dash
- Evaluate Bank Applications: Shyamala Gopinath
- RBI to set up Regulations Review Authority: M Rajeshwar Rao
Care Ratings revises India’s GDP growth forecast to 10.2 pc for FY22
- With economic activities getting affected across the country due to curbs imposed by states amid surge in COVID-19 cases, Care Ratings has revised down its forecast for GDP growth to 10.2 per cent in 2021-22 from earlier projection of 10.7-10.9 per cent.
- This is the third revision by the rating agency in the last one month.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.4%
- S&P Global Ratings-10%
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)-5%
- HSBC: 11.2%
Puma ropes in Washington Sundar, Devdutt Padikkal as brand ambassadors
- Global sportswear brand Puma has signed long-term endorsement deals with cricketers Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal.
- Puma India, which recently announced its partnership with Royal Challengers Bangalore, has been consistently investing in India’s sport ecosystem.
Note: List of PUMA Brand Ambassadors
- Sunil Chhetri
- Kareen Kapoor khan
- KL Rahul
- Sushma Verma (women’s national cricketer)
- Yuvraj Singh
Justice Sanjay Yadav appointed acting Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court
- The Central government 15th April notified the appointment of Justice Sanjay Yadav as the Acting Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
- The appointment comes in view of the impending retirement of current Chief Justice, Govind Mathur on April 14. Justice Yadav enrolled at the Bar in 1986 and was elevated as a judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court in 2007.
Note: List of Chief Justice of HC
- S. Muralidhar– Orissa
- HimaKohli– Telangana
- Sanjib Banerjee– Madras
- Pankaj Mithal- Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
- Raghvendra Singh Chauhan– Uttarakhand.
- Jitendra Kumar Maheshwari-Sikkim.
- Mohammad Rafiq-Madhya Pradesh.
- Arup Kumar Goswami-Andhra Pradesh.
- Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar-Manipur
21 April – National Civil Service Day
- Every year on 21 April Civil Service Day is celebrated to rededicate and to recommit themselves to the cause of the people. On this day Civil servants from various parts of the country come together, share their experiences and also learn other’s experiences of working in the public sector.
- The Government of India chose April 21 as the National Civil Service Day as on this day the country’s first home minister, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the newly appointed Administrative Services Officers in 1947.
21 April: World Creativity and Innovation Day
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is observed globally on 21 April every year.
- This day is celebrated to raise awareness around the importance of creativity and innovation in problem-solving with respect to advancing the United Nations sustainable development goals, also known as the “global goals”.
Poet Sankha Ghosh passes away at 89
- Eminent poet and critic Sankha Ghosh passed away in Kolkata on 21st April. The Jnanpith awardee was 89 and had tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in April.
- He was awarded the Jnanpith Award in 2016 and the Padma Bhushan in 2011. In the shadow of the Rabindranath Tagore era, poets such as Ghosh took the legacy forward.
Former RBI Governor Maidavolu Narasimham dies in Hyderabad
- Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor M. Narasimham passed away on 20th April at a Hyderabad hospital following covid-related illness. He was 94.
- Narasimham is the only governor to be appointed from the Reserve Bank cadre. He was the 13th governor of RBI and served a short tenure of seven months between May and November 1977, before he was succeeded by I.G. Patel.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|