Current Affairs 21st April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s 1st pure green hydrogen plant commissioned by OIL in Jorhat, Assam
- India’s first 99.999% pure Green Hydrogen pilot plant has been commissioned by the Oil India Limited (OIL) at its Jorhat Pump Station in Assam.
- The plant has an installed capacity of 10 kg per day. The plant produces Green Hydrogen from the electricity generated by a 500kW Solar plant using a 100 kW Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) Electrolyser array.
- The use of AEM technology is being used for the first time in India. This plant is expected to increase its production of green hydrogen from 10 kg per day to 30 kg per day in future.
- The company has initiated a detailed study in collaboration with IIT Guwahati on the blending of Green Hydrogen with Natural Gas and its effect on the existing infrastructure of OIL.
About Oil India Limited (OIL):
- Founded: 18 February 1959
- Headquarters: Noida
- Chairman & MD: Ranjit Rath
PM Modi inaugurated development projects worth Rs 22,000 crores in Dahod, Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and inaugurated the various projects worth 22,000 crore rupees at a function organized at Dahod in Gujarat.
- Dahod District Southern Area Regional Water Supply Scheme, constructed at Narmada River Basin (Rs 840 crore); Dahod Smart City (Rs 335 crore).
- Manufacturing project of 9,000 HP Electric Locomotives at the Railway Production Unit in Dahod. 10,000 tribals of Panchmahal and Dahod districts (provided Rs 120 crore under PMAY).
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
Biliti Electric will set up world’s largest electric 3-wheeler making plant in Telangana
- Biliti Electric Inc (Biliti), based in California, United States of America, has announced its intention to establish the world’s largest electric three-wheeler manufacturing facility in Telangana.
- The plant will be built in 2 phases over an area of 200 acres. Phase I of 13.5 acres with a capacity to produce 18000 Electric Vehicles (EV) per year will become operational in 2023 and the larger facility of 200 acres with a production capacity of 240000 EV per year will become operational in 2024.
The facility will produce all the products of Biliti including the cargo model TaskmanTM and the passenger version UrbanTM.
- The facility is estimated to drive private investment of USD 150 million (around Rs 1,144 crore) and is expected to create more than 3000 jobs in Telangana.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
IFSCA signed MoU with National Insurance Academy
- International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has entered an MoU with the National Insurance Academy (NIA) with the goal of creating capacity and establishing a qualified talent pool in the insurance sector in International Financial Services Centres.
- This MoU undertakes to build the required skilled manpower for the IFSC. IFSCA had already executed an MoU with the Insurance Institute of India (III) with the focus to address the needs of IFSC Insurance entities.
- IFSCA aspires to build a strong worldwide connection and focus on the demands of the Indian economy, as well as function as a regional/global international financial platform. At IFSC, insurance is a growing sector, and the MoU with NIA will go a long way toward building insurance capacity.
About National Insurance Academy (NIA):
- Founded: 1980
- Director: G Srinivasan
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra, India
SEBI reconstituted its advisory committee for leveraging regulatory and technology solutions; headed by Sunil Bajpai
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has reconstituted its Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS).
- The 7-member committee will be headed by Sunil Bajpai, former Principal Advisor (Information Technology) of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- The SEBI constituted the seven-member ALeRTS in December 2021 chaired by Madhabi Puri Buch, who is currently serving as the Chairperson of SEBI.
- The term of the committee is to recommend future roadmaps and improvements in the various ongoing technology projects. The committee will also guide SEBI in designing and framing requirements for the various in-house systems.
Members of ALeRTS:
- Harini Balaji, Chief General Manager(CGM), Integrated Surveillance Department (ISD), SEBI (Member Secretary of ALeRTS)
- Puneet Narang, Head of Corporate Banking Technology India, Deutsche Bank
- Girish Keshav Palshikar, Principal Scientist, TCS Research and Innovation
- Ratnakar Pandey, Senior Data Scientist, Amazon
- Rohan Rao, Senior Data Scientist, H2O.ai
- Subir Saha, Head of Compliance, ICICI Group
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- 17-member committee by MeitY to steer, guide semiconductor mission: Ashwini Vaishnaw
- 13-member panel by government of Tamil Nadu to frame the state education policy: D Murugesan
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting constituted AVGC Promotion Task Force: Apoorva Chandra
- SEBI formed 2 separate panels to review ownership norms of MFs sponsors and trustees: working group on sponsors: A Balasubramanian, working group on MF trustees: Manoj Vaish
- SC reconstituted expert committee for Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor Expressway project: Chandra Prakash Goyal
Patrick Achi re-appointed as Prime Minister of Côte d’Ivoire
- Patrick Achi has been re-appointed as Prime Minister of Ivory Coast by President Alassane Ouattara.
- He was appointed prime minister in March 2021. He was the third prime minister in the West African state (Ivory Coast) in the last three years after Amadou Gon Coulibaly (who died in 2020) and Hamed Bakayoko (who died in 2021).
- On April 13, 2022, President has accepted Achi resignation ahead of a government reshuffle. Ivory Coast, also officially known as Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, is a country on the southwest coast of Africa.
About Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast):
- Currency: West African CFA franc
- President: Alassane Ouattara
Banking and Financial
Insurance Scheme for health workers fighting COVID-19 “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package” extended for a period of 180 days
- The Central Government extended Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) for a further period of 180 days w.e.f. April 19, 2022.
- The focus behind this extension to continue providing the safety net to the dependents of health workers who are taking care of COVID-19 patients.
- In this regard, a letter has been issued to the Additional Chief Secretaries (Health)/Principal Secretaries (Health)/ Secretaries (Health) of all States/UTs (Union Territories) for giving wide publicity amongst the health workers in their respective States/UTs.
- Launched on March 30, 2020, it provides comprehensive personal accident cover of Rs 50 Lakh to 22.12 lakh health care providers including community health workers and private health workers who have been in direct contact of COVID-19 patients and are at risk of being impacted by this.
HDFC will sell 10% stake in HDFC Capital to Abu Dhabi Investment Authority for Rs 184 crore
- Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) sell a 10% stake in HDFC Capital Advisors to a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) to raise funds of Rs 184 crore.
- HDFC Capital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HDFC Limited. ADIA is also the primary investor in the alternative investment funds managed by HDFC Capital.
- ADIA is an important investor in the alternative investment funds managed by HDFC Capital. HDFC Capital was set up in 2016 as the investment manager for HDFC Capital Affordable Real Estate Funds 1, 2 and 3.
About Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA):
- Headquarters: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- MD: H.H. Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Appointment and Resignation
LV Vaidyanathan appointed as CEO of P&G India
- Procter & Gamble India appointed LV Vaidyanathan, who leads the company’s business in Indonesia, as the new chief executive officer.
- He takes over from Madhusudan Gopalan who will move into a new role at the parent company. Vaidyanathan takes over as the CEO from July 1, 2022.
- Vaidyanathan completed his Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical) from the National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, and has an MBA from IIM-Ahmedabad.
- He started his career with P&G in India in 1996 in the sales function and worked in various leadership roles. In 2018, he was elevated to the role of CEO, P&G Indonesia.
Naresh Kumar appointed as Chief Secretary of Delhi
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) appointed Senior IAS officer, Naresh Kumar as the Chief Secretary of Delhi, with effect from 21st April 2022 or with effect from the date of joining, whichever is later.
- Naresh Kumar, who is currently holding the post of chief secretary of Arunachal Pradesh, has been transferred to Delhi following the voluntary retirement of Vijay Kumar Dev.
- Vijay Kumar Dev will take charge as the State Election Commissioner of Delhi on 21st April 2022. Naresh Kumar is a 1987-batch IAS officer of the Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre.
- Dharmendra, who is serving as the Chairman of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), has been appointed as the Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Rajeev Verma, a 1992 batch IAS officer of the AGMUT cadre currently posted in Arunachal Pradesh, has been appointed as the Chief Secretary of Puducherry.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
- Heritage site: Humayun’s Tomb, Qutb Minar and its Monuments
- River: Ganges, Yamuna
Manoj Kumar Katiyar appointed as next DGMO
- Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Katiyar has been appointed as the next Director-General of Military Operations (DGMO).
- He would take charge of the new office on May 1st. An alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Lieutenant General Katiyar was commissioned in the 23rd Battalion of the Rajput Regiment in June 1986.
- Lieutenant General Katiyar is presently the General Officer Commanding of 1 Corps, a strike formation responsible for offensive operations against both Pakistan and China
- He was posted as Director of General Staff Duties at Army Headquarters. He also commanded an infantry brigade along the Western borders and a mountain division. Besides attending the National Defence College, New Delhi, he is also a distinguished graduate of the National War College, USA.
Defence Secretary inaugurated 8th Edition of National Level Pollution Response Exercise NATPOLREX-VIII
- Dr Ajay Kumar, Defence Secretary, inaugurated the 8th edition of two-day long National Level Pollution Response Exercise, ‘NATPOLREX-VIII’, which is being conducted by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Mormugao harbour, Goa.
- Aim: To enhance the preparedness and response capability of all the stakeholders in combating marine spills.
- It also intends to validate the procedures and guidelines as contained in the National Oil Spill Disaster Contingency Plan (NOSDCP) at the national and regional levels under the aegis of South Asia Co-operative Environment Programme (SACEP) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to which India is a member state.
- More than 85 participants from 50 agencies, including 29 observers from 22 friendly foreign countries and International Organisations, and two Coast Guard ships from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh also have participated.
About Indian Coast Guard (ICG):
- Founded:1 February 1977
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director-General: Virender Singh Pathania
- Motto: Vayam Rakṣāmaḥ (We protect)
India launched 6th Scorpene-class submarine of Project-75 ‘INS Vagsheer’ in Mumbai
- The sixth and last submarine of the Indian Navy’s Kalvari class submarines of Project 75, “INS Vagsheer” (Yard 11880) was launched by Mrs.Veena Ajay Kumar in Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL), Mumbai.
- This is the last of the Scorpene-class submarines made under the P75 project and can join the Navy fleet after sea trials.
- INS Vagsheer was constructed by Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai under the collaboration with Naval Group, France. It is designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS.
- INS Vagsheer was named after the “Sand Fish”, a deadly deep sea predator of the Indian Ocean.
Six Scorpene-Class attack submarines are:
- INS Kalvari (2017)
- INS Khanderi (2019)
- INS Karanj (March 2021)
- INS Vela (November 2021)
- INS Vagir (November 2020, sea trial)
- INS Vagsheer
Mobile app for 2nd Khelo India University Games launched
- In a First of its kind initiative, a mobile app ‘Khelo India Uni Games 2021’ was launched for the 2nd edition of Khelo India University Games, which was organised by the Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports along with the Jain Deemed to be University, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- The Mobile app promises to be a one-stop solution for all information regarding the event, which is scheduled to be held from April 24 to 03 May, 2022.
- The 2nd edition of Khelo India University Games will see over 4500 participants representing a total of about 189 universities from top honours in 20 disciplines, making it the first largest sporting gathering event post pandemic.
Harpreet Singh and Sachin Sahrawat won bronze medals at Asian Wrestling Championships
- Harpreet Singh and Sachin Sahrawat have bagged bronze at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2022 in Ulaanbaatar Mongolia.
- Indian Greco-Roman wrestlers concluded their campaign at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2022 with five medals.
- Harpreet (82kg) was declared the winner after Jafar Khan from Qatar suffered an injury. Sachin Sahrawat (67Kg) won bronze against Uzbekistan’s Makhmud Bakhshilloev. Vikas (72kg) and Ravi (97kg) have lost and crashed out of the medal race.
21 April: World Creativity and Innovation Day
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is celebrated on April 21 every year. The day aims to raise awareness about the importance of creativity and innovation in problem-solving and encourage creative multidisciplinary thinking at the individual and group levels.
- The World Creativity and Innovation Week is also observed from April 15-21. World Creativity and Innovation Day (WCID) was founded on 25 May 2001 in Toronto, Canada. The founder of the day was the Canadian Marci Segal. Segal was studying creativity in 1977 at the International Center for Studies in Creativity.
- The United Nations on 27 April 2017 resolved to include World Creativity and Innovation Day on 21 April as a Day of observance to raise importance among people about the use of their creativity in problem-solving for all issues that may be related to achieving the 2015 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Theme 2022: Collaboration
21 April: National Civil Services Day
- India observes National Civil Services Day on April 21 every year to acknowledge the works of officers engaged in several public service departments in the country.
- The day also marks a reminder for civil servants, who collectively run the country’s administrative machinery and their dedication to serving the citizens of the country.
- Civil Services Day is celebrated on April 21 to commemorate the day when Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister of Independent India addressed probationers of Administrative Services Officers at Delhi’s Metcalf House in 1947. The first National Civil Services Day was observed in
- Every year, on this occasion, the Prime Minister’s Awards of Excellence in Public Administration are presented to District/Implementing Units for the implementation of priority programmes and innovation categories.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs