Current Affairs 21st December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Narendra Modi launched development projects worth Rs 650 crores in Goa
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of several development projects worth over 650 crores rupees in Goa during the Goa Liberation Day celebrations at Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Stadium in Taleigao, Goa.
- Some of the major projects Modi will inaugurate are the re-development of Aguada Fort Jail Museum at a cost of over Rs 28 crore, a super specialty block at the Goa Medical College and Hospital, which has been constructed at a cost of over Rs 380 crores, the New South Goa District Hospital, built at a cost of around Rs 220 crore, the Aviation Skill Development Centre at the upcoming Mopa Airport, built at a cost of around Rs 8.5 crore, and a gas-insulated substation at Davorlim-Navelim, Margao, constructed at a cost of around Rs 16 crores.
- Capital: Panaji
- CM: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: S. Sreedharan Pillai
Odisha CM launched Mukhyamantri Vayu Swasthya Seva for remote tribal districts
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has launched the Mukhyamantri Vayu Swasthya Seva (Air Health Services) at the Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar Airport, and flagged off the first flight headed to Malkangiri District with a medical team.
- Under this scheme, specialist doctors will be flown to remote areas of Odisha to treat the people suffering from serious diseases.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Nagaland created 3 new districts Chumukedima, Tseminyu, and Nuiland
- The State Government of Nagaland has created three new districts namely Tseminyu, Nuiland, and Chumukedima, reaching the total district tally of the state to 15.
- Tseminyu became the 13th district followed by Nuiland and Chumukedima as 14th and 15th Districts
- Niuland and Chumukedima have been formed out of Dimapur district, while Tseminyu is the sub-division of the Kohima district.
- Capital: Kohima
- Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Punjab CM declared “Krishna Balram Jagannath Rath Yatra” as state festival
- The Chief Minister of Punjab Charanjit Singh Channi declared Lord Krishna Balram Jagannath Rath Yatra as an annual state festival.
- The announcement for the same was made during flagging off the 25th Shri Lord Krishna Balram Jagannath Rath Yatra. He also announced a grant of Rs 2.51 crore for the Iskcon Temple in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Notably, Punjab Government is also developing the Bhagavad Gita and Ramayana Research Centre on a 20-acre land in Patiala.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Charanjit Singh Channi
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Gabriel Boric elected as President of Chile
- Gabriel Boric, 35-year-old, won Chile presidential elections, to become the youngest-ever President-elect of Chile.
- He defeated his opposition Jose Antonio Kast in the elections. Gabriel Boric will assume office in March 2022, will become the youngest president in Chile’s history.
- Capital: Santiago
- Currency: Peso
- President: Sebastián Piñera
5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: India ranked 4th; Brazil topped
- According to the 5th Truecallers’ “2021 Global Spam & Scam Report”, which lists the Top 20 Countries Affected by Spam Calls in 2021, India has moved up in rankings from 9th in 2020 to 4th in 2021 due to a significant increase in sales and telemarketing calls.
- KYC (know your customer) spam remains one of the most common one in the country. The average number of spam calls per user per month stood at 16.8 in October.
- With 32.9 spam calls per user per month, Brazil has retained its title as the most spammed country in the world for the 4th year, followed by Peru and Ukraine.
- Cameroon topped the countries affected by spam SMS in 2021 followed by Somalia and Tanzania.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ report: 9th
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- Founded: 1 July 2009
- Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
- Chairman: Bing Gordon
Banking and Financial
GoI & KfW signed Euro 442.26 mn loan for Surat Metro Rail Project
- Government of India and the Germany Development Bank- KfW (Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau) signed a 26 million euros loan for a 40.35 km Surat Metro Rail project in Gujarat.
- The total cost of the project is Euro 1.50 billion, out of which KfW is financing Euro 442.26 million.
- The project is co-financed by French Development Agency, AFD (Agence Française de Développemet) with Euro 250 million.
About KfW (Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau):
- Founded: 1948
- Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany
- CEO: Stefan Wintels
Equitas Small Finance Bank became Banking Partner of Maharashtra state govt
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has empanelled as the banking partner of the state government of Maharashtra with an aim to offer its services to employees of the State Government.
- The Bandhan Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, and the South Indian Bank have been assigned the role of distributing salaries and allowances to the government employees.
- This partnership will enable the ESFBL to distribute salaries and allowances to the existing employees apart from making provision of pension to pensioners. The state government has authorised the Equitas SFB to open salary and pension accounts for the existing and retired employees across 58 branches of the bank across the state.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd:
- Founded: 2016
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO: Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan
- Tagline: It’s Fun Banking
Edelweiss General Insurance partnered with PhonePe to offer digital motor insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance has partnered with PhonePe, a fintech firm in the digital payments space, to offer quick and easy, digital motor insurance products to all its customers.
- The partnership offers PhonePe customers simple, end-to-end digital solutions in the motor insurance segment.
- PhonePe customers can purchase EGI’s motor insurance policy with Zero paperwork and can opt for add-on benefits like depreciation protection, engine protection, consumable expense protection, roadside assistance, key and lock protection according to individual needs.
- Founded: 2015
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Founder & CEO: Sameer Nigam
Appointment and Resignation
Uttarakhand appointed Rishabh Pant as ‘State Brand Ambassador’
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami appointed Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant as the ‘State Brand Ambassador’ with the aim of encouraging the youth of the state towards sports and public health.
- Rishabh Rajendra Pant is a 24-year-old cricketer, who was born in Roorkee, Uttarakhand. He is an Indian cricketer who plays as a middle-order wicket-keeper batsman for India, Delhi, and the Delhi Capitals in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Century LED’s Magik range: Sourav Ganguly
- GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup: Smriti Mandhana
- 50th-year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh: Sanjay Dutt
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries: Naomi Kawase
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
- Unix: Jasprit Bumrah
- Piramal Realty: Farhan Akhtar, Rahul Dravid
- Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App: Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu
Mohit Jain appointed President of Indian Newspaper Society
- Mohit Jain has been elected as the president of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) for the year 2021-22.
- He succeeds Lakshmipathy Adimoolam of Health & The Antiseptic. K Raja Prasad Reddy (Sakshi) was elected the Deputy President, Rakesh Sharma (Aaj Samaj) as the Vice President, and Tanmay Maheshwari (Amar Ujala) as the Honorary Treasurer of the Society for 2021-22.
About Indian Newspaper Society:
- Founded: 27 February 1939
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Emma Raducanu won BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2021
- Tennis star Emma Raducanu won the BBC’s top sports prize “Sports Personality of the Year” for 2021.
- She beat Tom Daley (diver) and Adam Peaty (swimmer) into second and third place. England’s men’s football team was named BBC team of the year and Gareth Southgate as the coach of the year.
Other BBC award 2021 winners:
- Helen Rollason Award: Jen Beattie
- Coach of the Year: Gareth Southgate
- Team of the Year: England men’s football team
- World Sport Star: Rachael Blackmore
- Lifetime Achievement: Simone Biles
- Unsung Hero: Sam Barlow
- Young Sports Personality of the Year: Sky Brown
Indian Navy’s 2nd indigenous stealth destroyer ‘Mormugao’ sailed for maiden sea trials
- Indian Navy’s indigenous stealth guided-missile destroyer ‘Mormugao’ went for her maiden sea trials. This second indigenous stealth destroyer of the Project 15 B (P15B) class, is planning to be commissioned in mid-2022.
- Mormugao is being built at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd as part of Project 15B destroyers and incorporates several indigenous technologies.
18 December: World Arabic Language Day
- World Arabic Language Day is observed globally on 18th December every year since 2012 by the United Nations (UN).
- This day honors the Arabic language, which is spoken by over 400 million people globally, and celebrates the cultural diversity of the Middle Eastern region.
- Theme 2021: “Arabic Language, a bridge between civilizations”
Former SC Judge Justice GT Nanavati passed away
- Former Supreme Court judge, Justice Girish Thakorlal Nanavati who headed two inquiry commissions formed to probe into the 2002 Godhra Riots & 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots, passed away.
- He was elevated as the Judge of the Supreme Court of India with effect in March 1995 and he retired as an SC Judge in February 2000.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs