Current Affairs 21st February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Government approved continuation of RUSA scheme till 31st March 2026
- The Ministry of Education has approved the continuation of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) scheme till 31st March 2026 with an expenditure of 12,929.16 crores The new phase of the scheme would support around 1,600 projects.
- Out of Rs 12,929.16 crores of expenditure, the center will share Rs 8,120.97 crores, and the state will share Rs 4,808.19 crores.
- The new phase of the scheme has been designed to implement some of the recommendations of the New Education Policy (NEP).
- Under the new phase of the scheme, State Governments will support Gender inclusion, Equity Initiatives, Enhances employability through vocationalisation and skill upgradation.
TransUnion CIBIL partnered with FICCI to launch MSME Consumer Education Program
- TransUnion CIBIL Limited partnered with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) to launch a nationwide Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) consumer education program to support MSME’s across India to get awareness about credit management, CIBIL Rank and commercial credit information.
The objective of the programme is to empower MSME’s with knowledge on how to build a good credit history and CIBIL Rank to avail easier and faster access to finance.
- The program will kick off with MSME clusters in Maharashtra, Assam, and Tripura and aims to reach thousands of MSMEs across key clusters in India.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI):
- Founded: 1927
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- President: Sanjiv Mehta
- Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy
- Director-General: Arun Chawla
21st TERI’s World Sustainable Development Summit 2022 held virtually
- The 21st edition of the annual flagship event of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2022, held virtually from 16th – 18th February 2022.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has delivered the inaugural address at the summit virtually. Environment ministers from nearly a dozen countries took part in the event which had delegates from ~131 countries.
Vedanta has signed an MoU with TERI at the WSDS 2022 to ‘Sustainable Use of Resources for a Resilient Planet through Transformative Actions’ and improve its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
- Vedanta plans to invest around Rs 200 crore over the next five to 10 years on R&D (Research and Development) and sustainability initiatives to promote and build a sustainable ecosystem.
- Theme of the event: ‘Towards a Resilient Planet: Ensuring a Sustainable and Equitable Future’.
About The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI):
- Founded: 1974
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Director General: Dr Vibha Dhawan
France announced military withdrawal from Mali after nearly ten years
- French President Emmanuel Macron has announced that France and its European partners will start the military withdrawal from Mali after nearly ten years of fighting a jihadist insurgency.
- France first deployed troops against jihadists in Mali in 2013 under the Socialist president François Hollande. The decision has been taken due to a breakdown in France’s relations with the ruling junta government in the country. The heart of this military operation will be shifted from Mali to Niger.
- In recent years, jihadists have taken over swaths of territory in the former French colony, exploiting political turmoil, poverty, and the weakness of local authorities.
- The withdrawal applies to 2,400 French troops in Mali and a smaller European force of several hundred, which was created in 2020 to reduce the burden on French forces.
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Tata Power collaborated with RWE to develop offshore wind projects
- Tata Power has collaborated with Germany-based RWE Renewable GmbH to explore the potential for joint development of offshore wind projects in
- A corresponding MoU has been signed between Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd and RWE Renewables GmbH, one of the world’s leaders in offshore wind.
- The MoU between Tata Power Renewable Energy and RWE becomes significant in the light of the Central govt’s announcement of achieving 30GW of offshore wind installations by
About Tata Power:
- Founded: 1911
- Founder: Dorabji Tata
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Praveer Sinha
Banking and Financial
SBI, BoB, PNB, UBI, BoM, and Canara Bank acquired stake in IDRCL
- State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Baroda (BoB), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Union Bank of India (UBI), Canara Bank, and Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) announced the subscription to the shares of India Debt Resolution Company Ltd (IDRCL).
- The Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and public Financial Institutions (FIs) will hold a maximum of 49% stake in IDRCL and the remaining will be with Private sector lenders.
- PSBs will maintain 51% ownership in National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL) and the remaining will be with Private sector lenders.
- IDRCL is a service company or an operational entity, which will manage assets and loop in-market professionals and turnaround experts. The Banks will further reduce their stake in IDRCL.
|Bank||Equity Stake acquired||Subscription to the shares||Stake to be reduced by March 31, 2022|
|State Bank of India||12.30%||99,000 shares of Rs 10 each||5%|
|Punjab National Bank||11.18%||99,000 shares of Rs 10 each||5%|
|Union Bank of India||12.30%||99,000 shares of Rs 10 each||10%|
|Canara Bank||14.90%||1.20 lakh shares of Rs 10 each||5%|
|Bank of Maharashtra||6.21%||50,000 shares of Rs 10 each||4%|
|Bank of Baroda||12.30%||99,000 shares of Rs 10 each||9.90%|
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Appointment and Resignation
IOC Athletes’ Commission re-elected Emma Terho as Chair, Seung Min Ryu & Sarah Walker elected as VC & 2nd VC respectively
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) Athletes’ Commission re-elected ice hockey player Emma Terho of Finland as its Chair and table tennis player Seung Min Ryu of the Republic of Korea as its first Vice-Chair (VC).
- The commission also elected cyclist Sarah Walker of New Zealand as the second VC of the Commission.
- Emma Terho is a five-time Olympian and former captain of the Finland women’s ice hockey team. She will be the head of the Commission until the Olympic Games Paris 2024.
About International Olympic Committee (IOC):
- Founded: 1894
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Bach
Coal India Ltd won “Most Dependable Public Sector in India” award
- Coal India Ltd has been awarded the ‘India’s Most Dependable Public Sector Company’
- CIL received this honor at the “Energy Meet and Excellence Award” function organized by Industry Chamber “ASSOCHAM” in Kolkata.
- Minister of State for Coal, Mines, and Railways Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve also complimented CIL for bagging the coveted award. CIL is a Maharatna company of the Government of India.
About Coal India Ltd.:
- Founded: 1975
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- Chairman & MD: Pramod Agrawal
Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022 announced
- The Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022 was held on 20 February in Mumbai and the best performances from last year were honoured in the event this time.
- This year Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022 celebrated the opulence of Indian Cinema and also commemorated the 75 years of Independence or Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Role, and Best Negative Role, were among the other titles that were given to the personalities of the Indian film fraternity.
Read the complete list of winners here
|Film of the Year Award||Pushpa: The Rise|
|Best Film Award||Shershaah|
|Best Actor Award||Ranveer Singh for film 83|
|Best Actress Award||Kriti Sanon for film Mimi|
|Outstanding Contribution to Films||Asha Parekh|
|Critics Best Actor Award||Sidharth Malhotra|
|Critics Best Actress Award||Kiara Advani|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role Award||Satish Kaushik for film Kaagaz|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role Award||Lara Dutta for film Bell-Bottom|
|Best Actor in Negative Role Award||Aayush Sharma for film Antim: The Final Truth|
|People’s Choice Best Actor Award||Abhimanyu Dasani|
|People’s Choice Best Actress Award||Radhika Madan|
|Best Debut Award||Ahan Shetty for film Tadap|
|Best Playback Singer Male Award||Vishal Mishra|
|Best Playback Singer Female Award||Kanika Kapoor|
|Critics Best Film Award||Sardar Udham Singh|
|Best Director Award||Ken Ghosh for film State of Siege: Temple Attack|
|Best Cinematographer Award||Jayakrishna Gummadi for film Haseena Dilruba|
|Best International Feature Film Award||Another Round|
|Best Short Film Award||Pauli|
|Best Actor in Web Series Award||Manoj Bajpayee for The Family Man 2|
|Best Actress in Web Series Award||Raveena Tandon for Aranyak|
|Best Web Series Award||Candy|
|Best Actor in Television Series Award||Shaheer Sheikh for Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi|
|Best Actress in Television Series Award||Shraddha Arya for Kundali Bhagya|
|Television Series of the Year Award||Anupama|
|Most Promising Actor in Television Series Award||Dheeraj Dhoopar for Kundali Bhagya|
|Most Promising Actress in Television Series Award||Rupali Ganguly for Anupama|
Airtel joined SEA-ME-WE-6 undersea cable consortium to scale up a high-speed network
- Bharti Airtel has joined the SEA-ME-WE-6 undersea cable consortium to scale up its high-speed global network capacity to serve India’s fast-growing digital economy.
- The 19,200 Rkm SEA-ME-WE-6 will connect Singapore and France and will be amongst the largest undersea cable systems globally. Through SEA-ME-WE-6, Airtel will add 100 TBps capacity to its global network.
- Airtel will land the SEA-ME-WE-6 cable system in India at new landing stations in Mumbai and Chennai.
About Bharti Airtel:
- Founded: 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman: Sunil Bharti
- MD & CEO: Mittal Gopal Vittal
Mumbai will host International Olympic Committee session in 2023
- Mumbai has been officially elected as the host for the 2023 International Olympic Committee (IOC) session, which could possibly see the election for the host country for the 2030 Winter Olympics and sports programme for LA 2028 Olympic Games.
- An IOC session is the annual meeting of the members of the IOC, comprising 101 voting members and 45 honorary members. Nita Ambani is the representative of India on this committee.
- It discusses and decides on the key activities of the global Olympics movement including adoption or amendment of the Olympic Charter, the election of IOC members and office bearers and election of the host city of Olympics.
- India will be hosting this prestigious IOC meeting for the first time since 1983, in what is set to be the start of a new era of engagement between India’s youthful population and the Olympic Movement.
Book and Author
Jimmy Soni authored a book titled ‘The Founders: The Story of Paypal and the Entrepreneurs Who Shaped Silicon Valley’
- A new book titled ‘’The Founders: The Story of Paypal and the Entrepreneurs Who Shaped Silicon Valley ’’, authored by author Jimmy Soni and published by Simon & Schuster, will be released on 24 February 2022.
- It highlights the story of multinational digital-payments company PayPal and how it covered the journey of a start-up that turned into one of the most successful companies of all time, worth over USD 70 billion today.
- It also offers colorful anecdotes about famous people like Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, and Reid Hoffman.
Priyam Gandhi Mody authored a book titled ‘A Nation To Protect’
- The book titled “A Nation To Protect” authored by Priyam Gandhi Mody was launched by Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya.
- The book highlights the role of PM Narendra Modi during the Covid crisis in the past two years. The book documents the Centre’s leadership in this unprecedented time and how it tided the nation through the crisis.
- During the launch, Union minister Mansukh Mandaviya said he believed that ‘A Nation to Protect’ describes the reality as it unfolded during the last two years. “We have seen what happens when there is a true leader with a vision,” said Mandaviya referring to PM Modi.
21 February: International Mother Language Day
- International Mother Language Day is observed every year on 21 February. The day aims to raise awareness regarding linguistic and cultural diversity and to promote multilingualism.
- International Mother Language Day was proclaimed by the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in November 1999. The UN General Assembly welcomed the proclamation of the day in its resolution of 2002.
- Theme 2022: “Using technology for multilingual learning: Challenges and opportunities”.
Senior journalist Ravish Tiwari passed away
- Former journalist with ET and a reputed political reporter and editor, Ravish Tiwari has passed away.
- He was the national bureau chief of Indian Express. He was popular for his political news reporting. Before this, he had also served as Senior Assistant Editor at Economic Times, Associate Editor at India Today, and Senior Assistant Editor at the Indian Express.
- He had done his graduation from IIT Bombay and master’s from the University of Oxford.
Gandhian leader and eminent social worker Shakuntala Choudhury passed away
- Padma Shree awardee Gandhian leader and eminent social worker from Assam, Shakuntala Chaudhary passed away in Guwahati.
- She worked towards the welfare and empowerment of women. Shakuntala Chaudhary spent a large portion of her life at the Kasturba Ashram, since 1947.
- She was a recipient of Vayoshestha Samman– National Awards for Senior Citizens 2021, from the government of India.
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy Bank & insurance Yearly Online Test Series
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP