Daily GK Update 21 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 21st May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
V Muraleedharan represented India at the Summit on Financing of African Economies 2021 at Paris
- Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan reiterated India’s commitment to build a more resilient and stronger Africa. He was delivering India’s message at the Summit on Financing African Economies hosted by French President Emmanuel Macron.
- The Minister highlighted India’s unique development partnership with Africa, characterised by innovation, local needs and transparency.
Banking and Financial
RBI imposes a penalty on City Union Bank, 3 other lenders
- The RBI has imposed monetary penalty on City Union Bank, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank and two other lenders for contravention of certain directions issued by the central bank.
- A penalty of Rs 1 crore has been imposed on City Union Bank Limited for contravention of/non-compliance with certain provisions contained in the RBI (Lending to MSME Sector) Directions and Rs 1 crore on Tamilnad Mercantile Bank for non-compliance.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
INS Rajput to be decommissioned on May 21
- The first destroyer of the Indian Navy, INS Rajput, will be decommissioned on May 21. It was commissioned on 04 May 1980. After rendering service for 41 years, it will be decommissioned at the Naval Dockyard of Visakhapatnam.
- INS Rajput was built by Russia in the 61 Communards Shipyard. Its Original Russian name was ‘Nadezhny’.
Suresh Mukund becomes 1st Indian to won annual ‘World Choreography Award 2020′
- The Emmy Award-nominated Indian choreographer Suresh Mukund, has won the 10th Annual ‘World Choreography Award 2020’, (also known as Choreo Awards), becoming the first Indian to win the prestigious honour.
- He won the award in the ‘TV REALITY SHOW/COMPETITION’ category, for his work on the hit American TV reality show ‘World of Dance’.
21 May: Anti-terrorism day
- Anti-Terrorism Day is observed on May 21 in India with an aim to mitigate terrorism; promote national harmony, and unity among people of all caste, creed and sex.
- It was on this day in the year 1991 that former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated; a brutal act of terror that left the entire country shocked and aggrieved. 2021 commemorates Rajiv Gandhi’s 30th death anniversary as India observes Anti-Terrorism Day.
21 May: International Tea Day
- In the year 2019, the UN General Assembly decided to celebrate International Tea Day on May 21st annually.
- The assembly stated that the day will promote and nurture collective initiatives to carry out activities in support of sustainable tea production and consumption, as well as raise awareness of tea’s relevance in the battle against hunger and poverty.
21 May: World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is observed globally on 21 May every year.
- The day aims to celebrate the richness of the world’s cultures and highlight the significance of its diversity as an agent of inclusion and positive change for achieving peace and sustainable development.
Former Rajasthan CM Jagannath Pahadia passed away
- Former Rajasthan Chief Minister and Bihar and Haryana governor, Jagannath Pahadia, passed away on 19th May due to Covid-19. He was 89.
- Jagannath Pahadia was the chief minister of Rajasthan for about eleven months from June 6, 1980 to July 13, 1981.
Environmentalist Sunderlal Bahuguna passes away
- Noted environmentalist, leader of the Chipko movement and Padma Vibhushan awardee, Sunderlal Bahuguna passed away in Rishikesh on 21 May after battling Covid-19 for several days. He was 94.
- The Chipko Movement had gained traction under Bahuguna. The Chipko movement was a non-violent agitation in 1973 that was aimed at protection and conservation of trees, but, perhaps, it is best remembered for the collective mobilisation of women for the cause of preserving forests
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|