Current Affairs 21st October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
MP Govt announced Implementation of “Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojana”
- The government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) has announced the implementation of the scheme ‘‘Mukhyamantri Ration Apke Dwar Yojana”, which will start from November 2021.
- Under this scheme, the ration will be provided at the doorstep of the villagers where there are no Fair Price Shops (FPS).
- Aim: To provide ration material to the vulnerable sections such as Divyanga (Specially-Abled) and senior citizens near their homes. To ensure proper ration supply for poor tribal families in each village bin 74 tribal dominated blocks of 16 districts.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: India ranked 40th ; Iceland topped
- Mercer Consulting, a leading global management consulting firm, has released the 13th edition of the Mercer Global Pension Index (2021 MCGPI).
- India has been ranked at 40th spot out of 43 countries in the 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index survey with overall index value of 43.3. India was ranked 34th out of 39 pension systems in 2020.
- Top Rank: Iceland (index value of 84.2)
- Bottom Rank: Thailand (index value at 40.6)
- According to survey, workforce in India manages most of the retirement provision themselves, as the coverage of private retirement provision in India is only around 6%.
- The 2021 MCGPI, has added 4 new retirement systems: Iceland, Taiwan, UAE and Uruguay.
|Rank||Country||Overall Index value|
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Economic Freedom Index 2021: 121st
- World Happiness Report 2021-139th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index 2021-40th
- World Press Freedom Index, 2021: 142nd
- World Competitiveness Index 2021-43rd
- Global Peace Index 2021: 135th
- Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021: 20th
- Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021: 2nd
- Global Innovation Index (GII) 2021: 46th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 90th
- Global Hunger Index 2021: 101st
- Global Food Security Index 2021: 71st
World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: India ranked 79th; Denmark topped
- India has ranked 79 out of 139 countries and jurisdictions in the World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021
- The WJP Rule of Law Index 2021 ranks the countries based on scores ranging from 0 to 1, with 1 indicating the strongest adherence to the rule of law.
- Denmark, Norway and Finland topped the World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021.
|Congo, Dem. Rep.||137|
Banking and Financial
RBI imposed a fine of Rs 1.95 crores on Standard Chartered Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)imposed a fine of Rs 1.95 crore on the Standard Chartered Bank for failing to report a cyber security incident within the prescribed time period, and failure to credit the amount involved in unauthorised electronic transactions, among other reasons.
- Standard Chartered Bank was penalised also for its non-compliance of RBI’s directions on customer protection.
- Standard Chartered Bank had also allowed direct sales agents to conduct KYC verifications and failed to ensure the integrity of data submitted in the Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC).
About Standard Chartered Bank:
- Founded: 1969, London, United Kingdom
- CEO: Bill Winters
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI Recently:
- RBI imposed Rs 25 lakh penalty on Punjab & Sind Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions on ‘Cyber Security Framework in Banks.
- RBI fined Axis Bank Rs 5 crore for non-compliance with certain rules
- RBI imposed penalty of Rs 50.35 lakh on Janalaxmi Co-operative Bank
- RBI imposed Rs 25 lakh fine on Axis Bank for flouting KYC norms
- RBI imposed Rs 2 crore penalty on RBL Bank for breaching deposit, board composition norms
- RBI imposed Rs 1 crore penalty on SBI for non-compliance
Expert Group by government on Tobacco Tax Policy headed by Vikas Sheel
- On October 19, 2021, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has set up an expert group headed by Vikas Sheel, additional secretary in MoHFW to develop a comprehensive tax policy for all tobacco products.
- The group will analyze the current tax structure of all forms of tobacco, including smokeless tobacco, and suggesting various tax rate models for the preparation of the FY23 and future Union budgets.
- The reason behind this is to prepare a roadmap for reducing tobacco demand according to World Health Organization’s (WHO) plans.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW):
- Union Minister– Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya (Constituency– Gujarat)
- Minister of State (MoS)– Bharati Pravin Pawar (Constituency- Dindori, Maharashtra)
List of Latest Committee and Head:
- Committee on “Variable Capital Company: K.P. Krishnan
- Suggests 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks: S. Vishwanathan
- RBI to setup committee on NUE licenses: P. Vasudevan
- Framing a new law for drugs, cosmetics and medical devices: Dr V G Somani
- IFSCA Constitutes an Expert panel on Sustainable Finance: K. Mishra.
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
- Working Group Constituted to overhaul Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): Ritesh Chauhan
Appointment and Resignation
Ayushmann Khurrana joined CoinDCX for ‘Future Yahi Hai’ campaign
- Ayushmann Khurranahas become the latest celebrity to venture into the cryptocurrency space through his association with CoinDCX’s ‘Future Yahi Hai’ campaign.
- The CoinDCX‘Future Yahi Hai’ Megadrive is directed towards addressing major questions and doubts and dispelling myths when it comes to crypto investments from the perspective of young India.
- CoinDCX is India’s largest cryptocurrency exchange valued at $1.1 billion.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Eurosport: John Abraham
- HomeLane: MS Dhoni
- Cashify: Rajkummar Rao
- Amway India: Mirabai Chanu
- Mastercard global brand ambassador: Magnus Carlsen
- TAGG, a tech-driven lifestyle electronics brand: Rohit Sharma
- CoinDCX: Amitabh Bachchan
- Fire-Boltt: Virat Kohli
A Balasubramanian elected as the Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
- Balasubramanian, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management, was elected as the Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI), by the board members of AMFI.
- Earlier he served as the Chairman of AMFI from 2017 to 2019.
- Balasubramanian has succeededNilesh Shah, Managing Director of Kotak Mutual Fund. He will also hold the office of ex-officio Chairman of the AMFI Financial Literacy Committee.
- Nilesh Shah, Group President and Managing Director, Kotak Mutual Fund, has been elected to be the Chairman of the AMFI Valuation Committee. Radhika Gupta, C EO of Edelweiss Asset Management has been elected as the Vice-Chairperson of AMFI.
About Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI):.
- Founded: 22 August 1995
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Alok Mishra appointed as the MD of India Ports Global Limited (IPGL)
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) has appointed Captain Alok Mishra as the Managing Director of India Ports Global Limited (IPGL). He is currently serving as the Head of operation and transformation lead at the Gateway Terminals India Pvt Ltd (GTI), Mumbai Maharashtra.
- Alok Mishra has been appointed for the full-time role for a term of 5 years.
- Alok Mishra succeedsHarjeet Kaur Joshi, CMD of Delivery Company of India Ltd (SCI), who held the additional charge as the MD of IPGL.
About India Ports Global Ltd (IPGL):
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Aryabhata Award conferred to Dr G Satheesh Reddy by Astronautical Society of India (ASI)
- Secretary DDR&D (Department of Defence Research and Development) and Chairman DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) Dr G Satheesh Reddy has been conferred the prestigious ‘Aryabhata Award’ by the Astronautical Society of India (ASI) for his outstanding life-time contribution to the promotion of astronautics in India.
- The award ceremony was held at UR Rao Satellite Centre Bangalore, Karnataka with participants (joined virtually) from across the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation), DRDO and other academic institutions.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
Bhavani Devi won 2022 Charlellville National Competition, France
- Fencer Bhavani Devi (28 years) has won 2022 Charlellville National Competition in France in the individual women’s sabre event
- She also made history at Tokyo Olympics by becoming the first Indian to compete in the sport at the Games by winning her round of 64 match 15-3 against Tunisia’s Nadia Ben Azizibefore going down to eventual bronze-medallist, Manon Brunet of France.
- She is currently ranked 50th in the world and is the top-ranked fencer from India.
Book and Author
Defence Minister launched the book “Veer Savarkar: The Man Who Could Have Prevented Partition” authored by Uday Mahurkar and Chirayu Pandit
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the book titled “Veer Savarkar: The Man Who Could Have Prevented Partition” authored by Uday Mahurkar and Chirayu Pandit at Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi.
- Minister Rajnath Singh described Savarkar as an “icon of Indian history” and also described his contributions to a nation which was not yet considered and highlighted the prolonged controversies from time to time on the great leader Savarkar.
Divya Dutta will release her 2nd Book ‘The Stars in My Sky: Those Who Brightened My Film Journey’
- Bollywood Actress Divya Dutta is set to release her second book titled ‘The Stars in My Sky: Those Who Brightened My Film Journey’ in October 2021.
- Her first book titled ‘Me and Ma’ was released in 2017.
- The book will be published by Penguin eBury Press, the division of Penguin Random House India (PRHI), and its foreword is written by Amitabh Bachchan.
20 October: International Chef’s Day
- International Chefs Day is being observed every year on 20 October to celebrate and honour the noble profession and educate people around the world about eating healthy.
- It was created by Dr. Bill Gallagher in 2004.
- Theme 2021:Healthy Food for the Future.
21 October: Police Commemoration Day
- Every year, October 21 is celebrated as the Police Commemoration Day, to pay tributes to all police personnel who died in the line of duty.
- The Police Commemoration Day remembers the ultimate sacrifice of 10 police personnel who lost their lives on October 21, 1959 in Ladakh while fighting the Chinese army.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs