Current Affairs 21st September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Delhi LG launched community policing initiative ‘We Care’
- Delhi Lt. Governor VK Saxena has inaugurated “We Care“, a Delhi Police Community policing initiative.
- Objective – To spread awareness among people about different schemes of the Delhi Police to maintain coordination and establish a police-public interface
- Under the ‘We Care’ initiative, all DCPs will hold community policing activities in their respective areas on every Saturday & Sunday for the next 3 months.
Tamil Nadu signed an MoU with Meghalaya on healthcare services
- Tamil Nadu’s health department has signed an MoU with the state of Meghalaya for capacity building in healthcare services.
- The MoU was signed by health minister Ma Subramanian and his Meghalaya counterpart James P K Sangma.
- Under this MoU, healthcare providers from Tamil Nadu will train doctors and nurses in Meghalaya to run tertiary care maternity centres.
- Indian Navy signed an MoU with Amity University for Academic Cooperation
- UPL partnered with CleanMax on 61.05 MW solar-wind project in Gujarat
- Sports Ministry signed an MoU with NTPC & REC for development of sports
- DBS partnered with sandbox to launch ‘DBS BetterWorld’
- IIT Madras partnered with IBM to advance Quantum computing in India
Nagaland Prison Department introduced mobile attendance application
- Nagaland Prison Department has launched a Prison Staff Attendance App has been launched at the District Jail Kohima.
- The mobile app was initiated by the State Prison Department in collaboration with Excellogics Technology Solution Private Limited.
- Objective – To provide a comprehensive attendance management system that can make processes hassle-free.
- Capital- Kohima
- Chief Minister- Neiphiu Rio
- Governor- Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
TSSC launched centre of excellence with Huawei at NIT Patna
- Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) has launched a centre of excellence with Huawei Technologies at NIT Patna for capacity building.
- It will come up under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The MoU, which has been signed for a period of five years, is aimed at skilling, reskilling, upskilling of aspiring students to enhance their employability through training in innovative technologies.
- It will cater to roles in information and communications technology, cyber security, etc.
Manipur CM N. Biren Singh launched ‘CM Da Haisi’ web portal
- Manipur CM N. Biren Singh has launched a web portal named ‘CM Da Haisi (English translation- Inform to CM)
- Objective – To receive complaints and grievances from the general public.
- The public can raise their grievances in the web portal by logging on to cmdahaisi.mn.gov.in. With the help of this portal, the complainants can also check the status of their complaints.
- This portal will be used by the Public Grievances Redressal and Anti-Corruption Cell stationed at CM Secretariat.
- Capital – Imphal
- Chief Minister – Biren Singh
- Governor – La Ganesan
World Bank approved $150 million loan to Punjab for better finances
- World Bank has approved a loan of $150 million (nearly ₹1,200 crores) to Punjab to help it better manage its financial resources and improve access to public services.
- The $150 million loan has a maturity period of 15 years which includes 6 months period.
- World Bank mentioned its aim of providing monetary support to the state to bolster the capabilities of various government departments, help them manage fiscal risks, and make informed policy choices to support sustainable growth.
- Under the second initiative, a pilot project will demonstrate 24×7 water supply in selected areas of Amritsar and Ludhiana.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Bhagwant Mann
- Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
Loan approved by World Bank in 2021-22
- USD 125 million– to West Bengal for social protection services
- USD 115 million (INR 869 crore)- to GoI, Karnataka and Odisha for implementation of “Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agricultural Resilience through Innovative Development” (REWARD) Project
- USD 125 million- for social protection services in West Bengal
- USD 600 million– to Sri Lanka to make payments for essential imports
- USD 47 million- for the Mission Karmayogi, a national program to build civil service capacity
- USD 350 million- for SRESTHA-G project of Gujarat
Banking and Financial
SBI WeCare FD scheme extended till March 31, 2023
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has extended the deadline to invest in its senior citizen FD Scheme, SBI WeCare FD, till March 31, 2023.
- Objective of WeCare FD Scheme – To secure senior citizens’ income by paying additional interest on term deposits.
Features of the scheme
- Period of Deposit – Minimum- 5 years, Maximum- 10 years
- Interest Rate – Interest rate applicable to the FD will be 6.45%.
- Payment of Interest: Term Deposit – At monthly/ quarterly interval Special Term Deposit- On maturity Interest, net of TDS, shall be credited to the Customer Account
- Loan Facility – Available
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
SBI collaborated with Remitly for secure and easy remittance to India
- The nation’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has collaborated with Remitly to provide safe and simple remittances to India.
- The collaboration will enables NRIs to send money through SBI via Remitly to their family members by using mobile and web applications.
- Depending on the form and amount of transfers, Remitly provides superior exchange rates, immediate credits, and no remittance charge.
- The US Department of Treasury has certified Remitly as a money services firm, giving it permission to conduct business in all 50 states.
Appointment and Resignation
Prasanna Kumar Motupalli appointed as CMD of NLC India Limited
- The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has selected Prasanna Kumar Motupalli as the Chairman and Managing Director of NLC India Limited.
- He is currently serving as the Executive Director of NTPC limited.
- He is a gold medalist in Mechanical Engineering and Master of Business Management in Operation Management, HR Management, Marketing, and Financial Management.
About NLC India Limit
- Founded -1956
- Headquarters – Chennai
- Chairman of PMLA – Chief Justice of Madras HC Munishwar Bhandari
- Chairman of Naryara Energy – Prasad K
- CEO of American Express India – Sanjay Khanna
- Interim Head of AICTE – Jagadesh Kumar
- CMD of NHPC – Yamuna Kumar Chaubey
Indian Navy decommissioned INS Ajay after 32 years of service
- Indian Naval Ship Ajay (P34) was decommissioned after 32 years of illustrious and distinguished services to the nation.
- The ceremony was conducted at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
- It was commissioned on January 24, 1990 at Poti, Georgia in the erstwhile USSR.
- It was a part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron under the operational control of Flag Officer Commanding, Maharashtra Naval Area.
- The decommissioning ceremony’s chief guest was Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Naval Command.
Bangladesh defeated Nepal to clinch maiden SAFF Women’s Championship title 2022
- Bangladesh has secured the maiden SAFF Women’s Championship title at the Dashrath Rangshala Stadium in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Bangladesh defeated hosts Nepal by 3-1 in the finals.
- Sabina Khatun (Bangladesh skipper) has become the top scorer of the tournament with 8 goals in 5 matches.
- She was also named as the Most Valuable Player of the tournament for her extraordinary game. Bangladesh won the fair play award also.
- Best goalkeeper award- Rupna Chakma (Bangladesh)
- Capital– Dhaka
- Currency – Taka
- President – Mohammad Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
Linda Fruhvirtova won Chennai Open 2022 title
- Linda Fruhvirtova from the Czech Republic has secured the WTA Chennai Open 2022 after beating third seed, Magda Linette from Poland by 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 at the SDAT Stadium, Chennai.
- At 17 years and 141 days old, she is the youngest titlist of the season on the WTA Tour so far.
- She is the youngest singles champion on tour since Coco Gauff won Parma last year at 17 years, 70 days old.
21 September – International Day of Peace
- International Day of Peace is observed across the globe on September 21 annually.
- It is devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and people.
- It was established in 1981 by the United Nations General Assembly.
- To commemorate the day, the United Nations Peace Bell is rung at UN Headquarters in New York City.
- Theme 2022 – End racism, Build peace
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here