Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 22nd April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ MOU signed between Ministry of AYUSH and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Ministry of AYUSH and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi today for cooperation in research and education in areas of traditional systems of medicine and its integration with modern science. The MoU was signed by Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH and Dr. Shekhar C. Mande, Director General, CSIR and Secretary, DSIR in the presence of senior officials from both the organizations.
- Speaking on the occasion, Secretary stated in due cognition of the growing interest of traditional medicines worldwide, there is a need of multipronged and innovative approaches for the acceptance of this science. He said that the combination of traditional healthcare and modern basic science has a huge possibility to do innovative and path-breaking researches which can be used for the explanation of various basic concepts.
♦ India Rises To 17th Spot From 37th in StartupBlink’s Startup Ecosystem Ranking
- India ranked 17 among 100 countries, based on the strength of its startup ecosystem
- The top three spots remained unchanged with the United States, United Kingdom and Canada
- Bangalore, New Delhi and Mumbai were the top cities in the Indian startup ecosystem
- The Indian startup ecosystem has grown tremendously over the past year, if you look at indicators such as new startups, funding and the number of investors in the country. According to data released by StartupBlink, India moved up to 17th position in 2018 from 37th spot last year in the Startup Ecosystem Ranking for 2019.
- India ranks 17 globally among 100 countries, based on the strength of its startup ecosystem, according to StartupBlink, which tracks startup ecosystems on a number of parameters.
♦ Sanskrit poet from Bengaluru honoured with presidential award
- Well-known Bengaluru-based Sanskrit poet, Dr Shankar Rajaraman, was recently honoured with the Presidential Award of ‘Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman’ by Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi. He was also honoured with a Rs 1,00,000 Award and a certificate from the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind. Rajaram was conferred the award for his outstanding contribution in the field of Sanskrit language and literature.
- The Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman, named after sage Veda Vyasa, the illustrious author of Mahabharata, is a Presidential award, instituted by the Government of India in 2002, to honour young scholars, aged 30-45 years, in recognition of their significant contribution to classical Indian languages.
♦ Santosh Trophy final: Bikash Thapa secures title for Services
- Services emerged the winner of the 2018-19 Santosh Trophy, with Bikash Thapa’s 61st-minute strike deciding the contest. Services beat Punjab the last time these two teams met in the final of this tounament, securing the trophy in 2014-15 with a 5-4 shootout victory.
♦ India ensured of four medals at Asian Boxing Championships in Bangkok
- In a highly-anticipated repeat of the Asian Games 49kg final, Amit Panghal (52kg) knocked out the reigning Olympic gold medallist Hasanboy Dusmatov while Kavinder Singh Bisht (56kg) stunned 2017 world champion Kairat Yeraliyev as India confirmed four medals at the Asian Boxing Championships 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand on 22 April.
♦ World Earth Day 2019
- Google Doodle Monday celebrated Earth Day 2019. On the occasion, it took people across the planet to take a look at some awe-inspiring organisms which inhabit it. The interactive slideshow that Google has put up explores a total of six such organisms along with their “earthly superlative” — its unique quality.
Theme – ‘protect our species’
♦ Eminent Bengali folk singer Amar Paul dead
- Eminent Bengali folk singer Amar Paul passed away Saturday evening in a hospital following a cardiac arrest, hospital sources said.He was 97.
- The folk song exponent had taken classes in the morning after which he complained of chest pain, family sources said.
- He was taken to the hospital where he died at around 5.30 pm.
- Born on May 19, 1922, at Brahmanbaria in present day Bangladesh, Paul had started taking music lessons from his mother Durgasundari Paul.
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|