Daily GK Update 22 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
Montek Ahluwalia named member of World Bank-IMF High Advisory Group
- Former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia was named a member of a high-level Advisory Group formed by the World Bank and IMF.
- The group will be jointly led by Mari Pangestu, Ceyla Pazarbasioglu and Lord Nicholas Stern. The group was formed by the World Bank and IMF in the face of the dual crisis posed by the Covid-19 pandemic and climate change.
India ranked 51st in terms of Money Deposited in Swiss Banks
- According to ‘Annual Bank Statistics of 2020’ released by Swiss National Bank (SNB), the Central Bank of Switzerland.
- India with Swiss Francs (CHF) 2.55 billion (INR 20,706 Crore) has been placed at 51st place in the list of foreign clients’ money in Swiss Banks during 2020.
- The United Kingdom (UK) topped the list with CHF 377 billion,
- Rank 2: US (152 billion).
Banking & Financial
Airtel and TATA Group partner for 5G network solutions
- Bharti Airtel and Tata Group have announced a strategic partnership for implementing 5G network solutions for India, which will be available for commercial development from January 2022.
- Tata Group has developed an O-RAN (open-radio access network)-based radio and non-standalone architecture/stand-alone architecture (NSA/SA) core and has integrated a totally indigenous telecom stack, leveraging the capabilities of the group and its partners.
Note: About Bharti Airtel
- CEO: Gopal Vittal.
- Founder: Sunil Bharti Mittal.
- Founded: 7 July 1995.
Upasana Kamineni named ‘Ambassador of Forest Frontline Heroes’ at WWF India
- WWF India has inducted Upasana Kamineni, Director, Apollo Hospitals, as “Ambassador of Forest Frontline Heroes” with the aim to appreciate the efforts of frontline workers in hospitals and in the wildlife protection space.
- The focus of this will be on several States across the country covering most eco-regions.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- VIVO-Virat Kohli
- Elista: Suresh Raina
- TECNO: Ayushmann Khurrana
- PUMA: Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal.
- Biotechnology company MyLab: Akshay Kumar
- PUMA Motorsport in India: Yuvraj Singh
KK Shailaja awarded prestigious CEU Open Society Prize for 2021
- The Central European University (CEU) Open Society Prize for 2021 has been awarded to KK Shailaja, the former Health Minister of Kerala.
- Announcing the award, President and Rector of CEU, Michael Ignatieff said, “As minister of public health in the Indian state of Kerala, during the COVID-19 pandemic, KK Shailaja Teacher, demonstrated to the world that determined leadership, community based public health and effective communication can save lives.
Indian and EU naval force conduct joint exercise in Gulf of Aden
- The Indian Navy is in the midst of a two-day exercise with the European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR).
- Along with Indian Navy, other naval forces are from Italy, Spain and France. The naval exercise included advanced air defence and anti-submarine exercises, tactical manoeuvres, Search & Rescue, and other maritime security operations.
- Aims: To enhance and hone their war-fighting skills and their ability as an integrated force to promote peace, security and stability in the maritime domain.
Note: Major Indian Maritime Exercises
- SLINEX-Sri Lanka
- Bongosagar and IN-BN CORPAT-Bangladesh
- Samudra Shakti-Indonesia
- Indo-Thai CORPAT-Thailand
- Malabar Exercise-Japan, and the USA
Book and Author
Tahira Kashyap Khurrana announces new book ‘The 7 Sins of Being A Mother’
- Filmmaker-writer Tahira Kashyap Khurrana has announced her upcoming book about motherhood, titled “The 7 Sins of Being A Mother”.
- This is her fifth book and the second she wrote amid the pandemic. Last year, the filmmaker had released 12 Commandments of Being A Woman, which she finished writing during the coronavirus-induced lockdown.
21 June: World Humanist Day
- World Humanist Day is celebrated every year around the world on the June solstice, which usually falls on June 21.
- The day aims to spread awareness of Humanism as a philosophical life stance and means to effect change in the world.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021: