Current Affairs 22nd November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Odisha celebrated ‘Boita Bandana’ Festival
- On Karthika Purnima, which is also known as Boita Bandana is celebrated at various water bodies of Odisha.
- The festival is the maritime tradition that is celebrated as a testament to the maritime trade history of Kalinga, tradesmen and mariners known as sadhabas travelled on boitas (boats) to trade with distant island nations that share borders with the Bay of Bengal like Indonesia, Java, Sumatra and Bali.
Popular Festivals of Odisha:
- Chhau Festival
- Konark Dance Festival
- Bali Jatra
- Raja parba
Meghalaya became 1st north-eastern state to sign MoU with WFP to improve food security
- Meghalaya became the first state in the north-eastern region of India to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP) for streamlining and strengthening of Public Distribution System (PDS) and improving food security in the state.
- This partnership will enable both sides to work together towards Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2: Zero Hunger. The state government also signed another agreement with the Common Service Centre (CSC) to improve its PDS system.
About World Food Programme (WFP):
- Founded: 1961
- Headquarter: Rome, Italy
- Executive Director: David Beasley
IRCTC and Indian Railways developed India’s 1st Pod Hotel at Mumbai Central Railway station
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and Indian Railways have developed India’s first state-of-the-art Pod Hotel (Pod concept retiring room), named ‘Urban Pod’ at Mumbai Central Railway station.
- The facility was virtually inaugurated by Raosaheb Dadarao Patil Danve, Minister of State of Railways, Coal and Mines. Urban Pod Pvt Ltd has been awarded the contract to Set-up, Operate and Manage the POD hotel for 9 years. A capsule hotel or Pod hotel was first developed in Japan.
About Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC):
- Founded: 27th September 1999
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CMD (Additional Charge): Rajni Hasija
IPF Citizen Satisfaction Survey on SMART Policing 2021: Andhra Pradesh topped; Bihar ranked last
- Almost 7 years after the launch of the SMART policing, a Delhi-based think tank, IPF (Indian Police Foundation) has published a survey named ‘IPFCitizen Satisfaction Survey on SMART Policing, 2021’ to identify the public perception of the police.
- As per the survey, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have the highest ‘SMART policing index’ scores of 8.11 and 8.1 respectively on a scale of 1-10. Uttar Pradesh and Bihar scored the lowest score of 5.81 and 5.74 respectively.
IPF SMART Policing Index 2021:
Banking and Financial
RBI authorized RBL Bank to collect Direct Taxes
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) authorized RBL Bank to collect direct taxes on behalf of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) based on a recommendation from the Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance and Government of India.
- Now, the customers of RBL Bank could pay their direct taxes through RBL Bank’s mobile banking or net banking platforms or through branch banking networks.
- RBI recently also authorized Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) to collect Direct taxes.
About RBL Bank:
- Founded: 1943
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Vishwavir Ahuja
- Tagline: Apno Ka Bank
IDFC First Bank partnered HPCL for fuel payments using FASTags
- IDFC (Infrastructure Development Finance Company) First Bank partnered with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) enabling bank’s FASTag customers to facilitate fuel payments of passenger vehicles at HPCL’s retail outlets using the bank’s FASTags via HP PAY app.
- Also, IDFC First Bank’s FASTags can be bought, recharged and replaced by passenger vehicle users at select HPCL retail outlets. In 2020, IDFC First Bank was the first to introduce fuel payments using FASTag balances for commercial vehicles users under its ‘DriveTrack Plus’ program at HPCL retail outlets. Now, it is being extended to personal vehicle users as well.
About IDFC FIRST Bank:
- Founded: 2018
- Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Vaidyanathan
Appointment and Resignation
Geoff Allardice appointed as permanent CEO of ICC
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has appointed Geoff Allardice as the permanent CEO of the International Cricket governing body. Allardice, a former Australian first-class cricketer, and administrator was the ICC General Manager, Cricket for eight years.
- He was serving as interim CEO for more than eight months. He replaced Manu Sawhney who officially resigned from his position in July 2021.
- Founded: 1909
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- CEO: Geoff Allardice
Pratham won Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2021 for edu initiatives
- Pratham has been awarded the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2021. Pratham is dedicated to improving the quality of education for underprivileged children in India and across the world.
- It has been set up in 1995 in Mumbai by Dr Madhav Chavan and Farida Lambay. The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development was instituted in the memory of the former prime minister by a trust in her name in 1986. It consists of a monetary award of ₹25 lakh along with a citation.
Lewis Hamilton won 2021 Qatar Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain), has won the 2021 F1 Qatar Grand Prix.
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) came second while Fernando Alonso (Alpine- Spain) came third. With this win, Lewis Hamilton has become the first driver to have won at 30 different circuits in Formula 1.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) Emilia Romagna GP, Monaco GP, French GP, Styrian GP, Austrian GP, Dutch GP, Belgian GP, United States GP, Mexican GP
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes – UK), Bahrain GP, British GP, Portuguese GP, Spanish GP, Russian GP, Brazilian (Sao Paulo) GP, Qatar GP
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull – Mexico): Azerbaijan GP
- Esteban Ocon (Alpine-Renault – France): Hungarian GP
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren – Australia) : Italian GP
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes – Finland): Turkish GP
India won 7 medals in 2021 Asian Archery Championship at Dhaka, Bangladesh
- India finished 2nd in the overall medal tally at the 22nd Asian Archery Championship 2021that was held in the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka. The Indian contingent has won a total of 7 medals (1 Gold, 4 Silver & 2 Bronze), while South Korea with a total of 15 medals topped the table.
- Archer Jyothi Surekha Vennam, won India’s only gold medal in the tournament, in the Compound – Women’s Individual event. She defeated Oh Yoohyun (South Korea) in the finals by a close margin of 146-145 score.
- In the Compound – Men’s Individual event, India’s Abhishek Verma won the silver medal after getting defeated by Kim Jong Ho (South Korea) in the finals by 148-149 points.
List of Indian medal winners
- Women’s individual compound event: Jyothi Surekha Vennam
- Men’s team recurve event: Pravin Jadhav, Kapil, and Parth Salunkhe
- Women’s team recurve event: Ankita Bhakat, Ridhi, and Madhu Vedwan
- Men’s individual compound event: Abhishek Verma
- Mixed Team compound event: Rishabh Yadav and Jyothi Surekha Vennam
- Mixed team recurve event: Ankita Bhakat, Kapil
- Men’s team compound event: Aman Saini, Abhishek Verma, and Rishabh Yadav
Book and Author
A new book “India vs UK: The Story of an Unprecedented Diplomatic Win” authored by Syed Akbaruddin
- Senior Indian diplomat Syed Akbaruddin has authored a new book titled “India vs UK: The Story of an Unprecedented Diplomatic Win”.
- The book features the behind-the-scenes details on India’s victory against the United Kingdom in the elections to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in 2017.
20 November: Awaas Diwas
- The ‘Awaas Diwas’ is celebrated annually on November 20 to commemorate the launch of ‘Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin’ (PMAY-G). It aims to provide ‘Housing for All by 2022’.
- Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) was restructured as PMAY-G. IAY, a Rural Housing Programme was started in January 1996, during the tenure of PM Indira Gandhi. IAY was restructured as PMAY-G with effect from 1st April 2016.
21 November: World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2021
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is marked every year on Third Sunday in the month of November. In 2021, the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims falls on 21 November 2021.
- The purpose of the day is to remember those killed and injured on the roads, together with their families, friends, and others affected. The day was started by the British road crash victim charity, RoadPeace, in 1993 and was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2005.
- Theme 2021: “ACT for LOW SPEEDS /ACT for LOW-SPEED STREETS”.
Punjabi Folk Singer Gurmeet Bawa passed away
- Well-known Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa passed away following a prolonged illness. She was one of the artists known for singing ‘Jugni’ after Alam Lohar and was the first Punjabi female singer to sing on Doordarshan.
- Gurmeet was best known for her long ‘hek’ (Breathless opening of a Punjabi folk song calling “ho” to create a melodious voice with an unbreakable wave) that she could hold for about 45 seconds.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs