Current Affairs 23 August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates world’s second-largest refurbished gene bank
- The Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated the world’s second-largest National Gene Bank at the National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR), Pusa, New Delhi.
- The refurbished state-of-the-art National Gene Bank provides the facility for germplasm, to secure the heritage of seeds for years in minus 20 degrees Celsius temperature.
- The new facility will help in the conservation of the diversity of indigenous crops in the country, as well as benefit the farmers by making them self-reliant and providing a source of increasing their income.
Hisar Airport renamed as Maharaja Agrasen International Airport
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced to rename the Hisar Airport as Maharaja Agrasen International Airport.
- The Hisar Airport is a domestic airport and the first DGCA licensed Public Aerodrome of the State. This airport is presently under up-gradation to be transformed as an international airport by 30 March 2024.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place (Recently)
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
- Airport in Ayodhya : Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
Chhattisgarh launched the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’for landless families
- The Chhattisgarh government has launched the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’, with the provision of ₹200 crores benefiting 12 lakh landless families.
- The aim of the scheme is to support rural landless labourers with minimum wages so that they can access basic amenities. The beneficiaries are expected to receive their benefits before the end of this financial year, on March 31, 2022.
- The families of the beneficiaries will each be ensured the amount of ₹6,000 annually. There is also in place a mechanism to resolve any discrepancy related to a beneficiary’s bank account, within 15 days.
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Founded: 1 November 2000
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Capital: Raipur
Nakul Chopra appointed as Chief Executive Officer of BARC India
- Television monitoring agency Broadcast Audience Research Council (Barc) has announced the appointment of Nakul Chopra as its chief executive officer (CEO) effective 25 August 2021.
- Former CEO Sunil Lulla has resigned to pursue his ambition as an entrepreneur. This announcement comes as Sunil Lulla has decided to resign from the position of CEO to pursue his entrepreneurial ambitions.
Note: About Broadcast Audience Research Council
- Founded: 2010;
- Headquarters: Mumbai;
A Joint Exercise Between Indian Navy And Royal Bahrain Naval Force
- The Maritime Partnership Exercise between the Indian Navy and Royal Bahrain Naval Force (RBNF) is set to begin in the Persian Gulf on 18th August.
- INS Kochi, flying the flag of Rear-Admiral Ajay Kochhar, Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (FOCWF) has reached Manama, Bahrain as part of its Persian Gulf deployment.
- The FOCWF called on Chief of the Naval Staff of the Royal Bahrain Naval Force, Rear Admiral Mohammed Yousif al-Asam and was received by a ceremonial Guard of Honour at their Naval Base.The FOCWF also called on Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Prime Minister and Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Bahrain at the Al-Qudaibiya Palace.
- A co-ordination and operational planning conference between the Indian Navy and Bahrain Navy teams was also held ahead of the Maritime Partnership Exercise.
Note: List of Exercise between India and gulf countries
- ‘Zayed Talwar: India and UAE (Navy)
- Al Nagah: India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’: India and Oman (Navy)
- Al-Mohed Al-Hindi: Indian Navy & Saudi Arabia Navy
Book & Author
The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan Book by Bimal Prasad and Sujata Prasad
- A new biography of revolutionary leader and independence activist Jayaprakash Narayan will hit the stands on August 23, publisher Penguin Random House India.
- The book, “The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan”, shares anecdotes and never-before-told stories from the life of the man who was known for his “emotional hunger for transformative politics, shunning power and incubating revolutionary ideas”.
23 August: International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is annually observed on August 23 to remind people of the tragedy of the transatlantic slave trade. It gives people a chance to think about the historic causes, the methods, and the consequences of slave trade.
- In late August 1791, an uprising began in Santo Domingo (today Haiti and the Dominican Republic) that would have a major effect on abolishing the transatlantic slave trade. The slave rebellion in the area weakened the Caribbean colonial system, sparking an uprising that led to abolishing slavery and giving the island its independence.
- International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition was first celebrated in many countries, in particular in Haiti, on August 23, 1998, and in Senegal on August 23, 1999.
August 22: World Sanskrit Day
- It is celebrated on Shraavana poornima, that is the full moon day of the Shraavana month in the Hindu calendar. The Sanskrit organisation Samskrita Bharati is involved in promoting the day. In the year 2021, this day is celebrated on August 22.
- Modi urged everyone to learn and promote the ancient language. He has expressed confidence that the Sanskrit week, between August 19 and August 25, will generate new interest and enthusiasm and play an important role in the spread of the language.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|