Daily GK Update 23 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Banking & Financial
SBI General Insurance enters into bancassurance tie-up with IDFC First Bank
- SBI General Insurance, one of the leading general insurance companies in India, has signed a corporate agency agreement with IDFC FIRST Bank for distribution of non-life insurance Solution.
- Under this strategic agreement, SBI General Insurance will offer insurance products such as health, personal accident, home, motor and travel along with the commercial line of insurance products such as property, marine and engineering insurance to the bank’s customers.
Moody’s cuts India growth forecast for 2021 to 9.6%
- Moody’s Investors Service on 23rd June slashed India’s growth projection to 9.6 per cent for 2021 calendar year, from its earlier estimate of 13.9 per cent, and said faster vaccination progress will be paramount in restricting economic losses to June quarter.
- We currently expect India’s real GDP to grow at 9.6 per cent in 2021 and 7 per cent in 2022,” Moody’s said.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Nomura –10.8%
- RBI: 9.5%
Govt. allows HFCs above Rs 100 cr to use to SARFAESI law
- The Ministry of Finance has given its allowance to housing finance companies (HFCs) with asset sizes of more than Rs. 100 crore to recover the dues using SARFAESI law.
- Prior to this, Finance Ministry allowed HFCs with assets over Rs. 500 crore to use SARFAESI law to recover dues.
- About SARFAESI Act 2002: SARFAESI Act 2002 allows banks and other financial institutions to auction residential or commercial properties (of Defaulter) to recover dues or loans.
SEBI reconstitutes Four-member Takeover Panel
- Markets regulator Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has reconstituted its four-member Takeover Panel Under the chairmanship Former Justice N. K. Sodhi
- The Takeover Panel looks into the applications that seek exemption from the mandatory open offer that an acquirer needs to make to minority shareholders. SEBI had first constituted this Takeover Panel in November 2007.
Members of the Panel are:
- Chairman: N. K. Sodhi
- Member: Darius Khambata
- Member: Thomas Mathew
- Member: N Venkatram
Jasprit Bumrah roped in as brand ambassador OnePlus wearables
- OnePlus, the global technology brand welcomed cricketer Jasprit Bumrah as Brand Ambassador for its Wearables category.
- The OnePlus Wearable category includes the OnePlus Watch, the first global smart wearable from OnePlus that offers a premium design, seamless connection, smart fitness tracking and an incredible battery life.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- VIVO-Virat Kohli
- Elista: Suresh Raina
- TECNO: Ayushmann Khurrana
- PUMA: Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal.
- Biotechnology company MyLab: Akshay Kumar
- PUMA Motorsport in India: Yuvraj Singh
British lawyer Karim Khan sworn in as ICC’s chief prosecutor
- British lawyer Karim Khan was sworn as the new chief prosecutor for the International Criminal Court. He pledging to reach out to nations that are not members of the court and to try to hold trials in countries where crimes are committed.
- He has defended clients at international courts including former Liberian President Charles Taylor & Kenya’s Deputy President William Ruto.
Note: About International Criminal Court
- Founded: 1 July 2002;
- Headquarters: The Hague, the Netherlands;
- Member states: 123
Book and Author
Actor Will Smith announced his autobiography ‘Will’
- Actor Will Smith, who revealed the title and cover of his upcoming autobiography Will, thanked fans for the love: The book, to be published Nov. 9 by Penguin Press.
- Will Smith is co-writing the book with author Mark Manson, and the cover is designed by New Orleans artist Brandan “BMike” Odums.
June 23: International Olympic Day
- The International Olympic Day is observed every year on June 23rd to celebrate sports and health. The day marks the founding of the International Olympic Committee in 1894 and aims to promote the idea of the Olympics and sports at large.
- The International Olympic Committee was formed on June 23, 1894 in Sorbonne, Paris. Pierre de Coubertin had founded the committee and laid the foundation of the modern-day Olympic Games.
- Theme 2021: Stay healthy, stay strong, stay active with the #OlympicDay workout on 23 June.
23rd June: United Nations Public Service Day
- Every year on June 23, the United Nations Public Service Day recognises the value and virtue of public service to the community.
- This day emphasizes the importance of public service in the advancement phase, recognises the work of public servants and inspires young people to undertake careers in the public sector.
- Theme 2021:“Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the SDGs [Sustainable Development Goals]”.
June 23: International Widow’s Day
- Losing your partner can never be an easy thing for anyone but for a woman the hardships that come along with the loss of their spouse is unimaginable. June 23 is observed as International Widows Day by the United Nation in a bid to create awareness about the situation of widows across many parts of the world.
- Theme 2021:“Invisible Women, Invisible Problems”.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now