Daily GK Update 24 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
India and Fiji inks MoU for cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors
- A virtual meeting was held between the Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, GoI, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar with Dr. Mahendra Reddy, Minister of Agriculture, Waterways & Environment, Government of Fiji.
- Both the Countries signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the field of Agriculture and allied sectors. This MoU will further strengthen the multi-faceted cooperation between the two countries.
Note: About Fiji
- Capital: Suva;
- Currency: Fijian dollar;
- President: Jioji Konousi.
International (Current Affairs)
India to provide CoWIN technology to other countries
- India has decided to make CoWIN platform an open source for other countries in order to enable them to use this technology to run their own vaccination drives.
- Co-WIN is a digital platform that helped in implementation of nationwide COVID-19 vaccination programme in India. It is also called as Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network. This cloud-based IT platform is supposed to handle minute details with respect to India’s Covid-19 immunisation programme.
- It provides for registration of beneficiaries, allocation of vaccination centres, sending text messages with name of their vaccinator and live monitoring of vials stored in cold storage.
- Countries including Vietnam, Iraq, Peru, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Nigeria, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and Uganda have expressed their interest in learning about CoWIN technology to run their vaccination programmes.
Nikol Pashinyan elected as Armenia Prime Minister
- Armenia’s acting prime minister, Nikol Pashinyan, kept power in a parliamentary election that boosted his authority despite being widely blamed for a military defeat last year in the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave.
- Nikol’s Civil Contract party won 53.92% of the votes cast.
Note: About Armenia
- Capital: Yerevan.
- Currency: Armenian dram.
Banking & Financial
HDFC Bank to buy stake in ‘Ergo General Insurance’ and ‘Borderless Softtech’
- HDFC Bank all set to buy all Shares from parent company to group firm HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC). The board of HDFC Bank gave its approval for this during its meeting. These shares are worth Rs 1,906.43 crore This means that their total return is Rs 536 per share.
- HDFC Bank along with its subsidiary HDFC Securities will buy 8,108 Compulsory Convertible Cumulative Preference Shares (CCCPS) face value of Rs 6.9 crore of Borderless Softtech at a premium of Rs 606.60 at Rs 6.16.60 per piece.
S&P cuts India’s FY22 growth forecast to 9.5%
- S&P Global Ratings on 24th June cut India’s growth forecast for the current fiscal to 9.5 per cent, from 11 per cent earlier, and warned of risk to the outlook from further waves of COVID pandemic.
- it projected India’s growth at 7.8 per cent in the next fiscal ending March 31, 2023.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Nomura –10.8%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.1%
- Moody-9.6% (2021), 7%(2022)
- Care Rating– 9.2%
Government of India signs $32 million loan with World Bank for improving healthcare services in Mizoram
- The Government of India, Government of Mizoram and the World Bank have signed a $32 million Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project to improve management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram, particularly for the benefit of under-served areas and vulnerable groups.
- A key focus will be to strengthen the effectiveness of the state health insurance programme; build synergies with the Government of India’s Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (PMJAY); and thereby reduce financial barriers in accessing hospital services, prevent catastrophic out of pocket expenditure for health by poor families and expand coverage.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2021
- $120 Million -Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project
- $105 Million-To improve the inland water transport infrastructure in Kolkata
- $100 million- for CHIRAAG (Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth)
- $68 million- improve quality of school education in Nagaland
- $500 million- help boost India’s MSME sector
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches ‘Pay Your Contact’ service
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced the launch of ‘Pay Your Contact’ the new feature that enables its customers to send money or make payments to any of their contacts across all payment apps simply by the beneficiary’s mobile number.
- The ‘Pay Your Contact’ service is available on the lender’s mobile banking app and uses the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform.
Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari to take over as acting Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court
- Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari, senior most judge of the Allahabad High Court will take over as acting Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court on June 26 after retirement of current Chief Justice, Sanjay Yadav.
- Chief Justices and Judges of the high courts retire at the age of 62. The retirement age of the chief justice of India and judges of the Supreme Court is 65 years.
Note: List of Some Chief Justice of HC
- S. Muralidhar– Orissa
- HimaKohli– Telangana
- Sanjib Banerjee– Madras
- Pankaj Mithal- Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
- Raghvendra Singh Chauhan– Uttarakhand.
- Jitendra Kumar Maheshwari-Sikkim.
- Mohammad Rafiq-Madhya Pradesh.
Cochin International Airport won honour in airport service quality
- Cochin International Airport (CIAL) won Airport Council International (ACI) Director General’s Roll of Excellence honour in Airport Service Quality.
- This recognition is awarded to those airports which, in opinion of passengers, consistently delivered excellent services.
- Cochin International Airport has consistently delivered excellence in customer service by winning multiple awards for five years in past 10 years. It is one among six airports across the world that will receive recognition in 2021.
High-level committee formed for consultations on theatre commands
- Recently, a high-level committee has been formed for the consultations on the creation of integrated triservice theatre commands. The committee will examine all issues and find a way forward before a formal note on their creation is sent to the Cabinet Committee on Security.
- The proposed Air Defence Command plans to integrate all air assets of the armed forces while the Maritime Theatre Command plans to bring in all assets of Navy, Coast Guard as well as coastal formations of Army and Air Force under one umbrella.
- The Army’s Northern command and Western Command would be converted into 2-5 theatre commands.
- The commander of such a force will be able to bear all resources at his disposal — from the Army, the Indian Air Force, and the Navy — with seamless efficacy.
- The Shekatkar committee (in 2015) had recommended the creation of 3 integrated theatre commands — northern for the China border, western for the Pakistan border, and southern for the maritime role.
India- USA Navy Passage Exercise in Indian Ocean Region
- India and USA are conduct Passage Naval Exercise on 23 June 2021. Indian naval ships will carry maritime patrol & other aircraft to participate the exercise with US Navy’s Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group during its transit through Indian Ocean Region.
- Passex is part of regular exercises between Indian and US navies. This bilateral and multilateral format exercises “underscore shared values of both the navies in ensuring commitment of an open, inclusive and rules-based international order.
Note: List of Exercise between India and USA
- Red Flag
- “Tiger Triumph”
- Yudh Abhyas
- Vajra Prahar
CEOS COAST: ISRO- NOAA Project endorsed by UN Body
- UN body has endorsed a multinational project called “Committee on Earth Observation Satellites Coastal Observations, Applications, Services, and Tools (CEOS COAST)”.
- CEOS COAST programme is co-led by ISRO and NOAA from US. This programme aims to improve accuracy of coastal data on the basis of satellite and land-based observations.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now